How do you feel right now if you are Sammy Watkins?

YoloinOhio

He must feel like he wishes he got drafted to any other team.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Let's hope things get better before he's a FA.

It's the big leagues Sammy. Put on your big boy pants. The real answer is how does he respond in 2015

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how that can be off the table as a conversation. The guys Whaley brought in - Urbik, Watkins, Williams, Brown - he didn't use. He is obviously calculated and was gunning for more control over personnel. What better leverage to have when approaching Pegula for control over the 53 than to say "these guys did nothing who Whaley brought in? I could do better."

Urbik has been here for 4 years and started last season.

Better yet, I'm wondering how Hackett is feeling right now!! Is he feeling like Django unchained? According to J Bus, he feels like Hackett was handcuffed by Marrone and thinks that he is truly an innovative playcaller. Personally, I'd like to see the Bills promote Schwartz, make Pepper Johnson/Donnie Henderson the DC, get a new offensive line and strength/conditioning coach and let Hackett run" his" offense. Like they say, stability is important.

I was thinking this as well when I was listening to the Fred Jackson interview this morning. These guys are under contract. It would keep some continuity. It also would screw over Marrone if, by chance, he were to land the Jets job.

In the meantime, I am stilll hoping that the Jets hire someone else and Marrone never gets another HC job in the NFL. I defended the guy until I received the text from the Bills notifying us that he had opted out. He is trying to screw over the organization now. I would hate to see him be able to double dip on the $4 million.

Edited by Peter

It's the big leagues Sammy. Put on your big boy pants. The real answer is how does he respond in 2015

It could be for the best. Looking at his history - he took CFB by storm and was a unanimous All-American as a true freshman (almost unheard of). By his own admission, he became complacent his sophomore year. His numbers went down, got in trouble, enjoyed the stardom a little too much, even suspended. He came back as a junior re-committed and dedicated to being the best and he was.

While he had a great rookie season, perhaps he works even harder and is obsessed with being better because of everything that went down.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Well...

The organization as a whole (now) is 100% behind Sammy...I'm sure he knows that...If anything I would guess he's excited! His biggest problem quit and the Bills will almost assuredly be looking at bringing in an advanced Offensive mind...Getting Sammy the ball more often will be a huge part of the challenge this new HC or OC will have...

So anyway...Seeing as though Marrone is gone...I'm guessing Sammy is pretty happy...Or at least I think he should be...He's a stud WR and a real good kid...He'll be fine... B-)

Urbik has been here for 4 years and started last season.

I'm aware but Whaley knew him from Pitt and was the pro personnel guy who signed him and thought he was a good player, per the article early in the season, whereas Marrone did not play him most of this year and reportedly wanted him traded.

The good news is that everyone sees what Marrone did now, it's not innuendo or rumor anymore but proven fact that Marrone put himself above the team and Sammy (along with others) paid the price for that in terms of their own stats/touches.

That is absolutely inexcusable and is malfeasance at the least and so fraudulent for a coach to behave like that. If I were an owner thinking about hiring him I'd really hammer on that line of questioning IF I granted him an interview.

I'm aware but Whaley knew him from Pitt and was the pro personnel guy who signed him and thought he was a good player, per the article early in the season, whereas Marrone did not play him most of this year and reportedly wanted him traded.

So why did Urbik start in 2013? To stick it to Whaley?

If things I've heard about SW are true, right now he feels like he can't wait to get back out there and prove he's the best. I doubt any of this noise does anything except to motivate an already highly motivated player.

GO BILLS!!!

That is absolutely inexcusable and is malfeasance at the least and so fraudulent for a coach to behave like that. If I were an owner thinking about hiring him I'd really hammer on that line of questioning IF I granted him an interview.

I hope that the Jets realize this and Marrone's plan is f*@!ed.

If I'm sammy i would be looking at how many times antonio brown and d thomas were targeted this year...over 180 times. He needs to be up there next year and the true focus of our offense. Get creative and I can really see a guy coming in here and him putting up a 1500 yard season. Get some athletic guards that can actually pull on a screen or a reverse and watch him break some big plays.

Did you see a difference in Marrone between 2013 and 2014? I did.

He got so much fatter too!

But seriously, Urbik's tweet kind of said it all. Guy was benched for a rookie way in over his head. There was something there behind the scenes IMO for sure.

That's easy. Sammy feels like F U Marrone. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

He got so much fatter too!

But seriously, Urbik's tweet kind of said it all. Guy was benched for a rookie way in over his head. There was something there behind the scenes IMO for sure.

He lost his job to Chris Williams and threw a temper tantrum.

How do I feel if I am Watkins? That's easy, ambivalent. No one that I have ever seen has said that they did not think Watkins was a good player. The only argument is whether or not Whaley got bent over when he made the trade. Even Marrone never said he didn't want Watkins, he just wanted the 2015 1st.

How would I feel?!?!!

Like I failed and I've got a chip on my shoulder to prove everyone wrong. I'd be desperately motivated to work my tail off and prove I am every bit of the generational talent I was sold as and will build myself into a hall of fame talent worthy of 5 first round picks.... And that not leading my team to the playoffs and not getting voted to the Probowl was a failure. I'd feel hungry and pissed off and ready to work harder than ever before.

Maybe, hopefully, he feels that way too...