How do you feel right now if you are Sammy Watkins?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good front office would have traded down, ignored Manuel and never drafted him just oh by the way, in the trade down have aquired Carr or Bridgewater, another WR, possibly Beckum or Benjamin, and have taken Jeremy Hill in round two also.

But we don't have a good front office and haven't.

It takes vision to be able to do this, our FO has none. It shouldn't have been difficult to realize that a 33-year old RB isn't going to carry your team, that a marginal role player that puts up a big play every fourth or fifth game isn't a reliable RB, that Brown wasn't much more than that, and that Dixon was anything else but a short-tough yardage kinda RB.

With faulty assumptions come faulty conclusions. Our FO specializes in faulty assumptions.

Is this relevant?

Thanks though.

Our FO needs to see the future.

Don't expect a response. He just pretends to ignore things until getting called out. As soon as he is presented with facts that dispell his crusade he disappears instead of saying "I was wrong."

Did he get smacked down earlier in the year Pre-Beckum about this trade?

OK, that's fine, let's apply that same standard to the rest of the rookies then. When you do you'll see how lackluster he was in comparison.

Beckum started only75% of the games that Watkins started, Benjamin, with no better maybe a worse QB situation started one less game, both had 12 TDs and more yards. A number of other rookies outperformed Watkins on a per-game basis. Most had no better QB situations, again, some worse. About half were backups or 3rd WRs.

The difference between us is I don't need the stats to show me how they played. I watched virtually every snap ODB, Watkins, Evans and Benjamin took this season with my own eyes on the all 22s. And if you had watched more than highlights, you'd understand how silly you sound trying to force the stats to paint the picture you wish to see.

You don't like the FO, that's fine. You don't agree with the move to get Watkins, that's fine too. But you don't need to invent wild fantasies in order to support your position -- and calling Sammy "underwhelming" is simply ignorant. ODB put up better numbers and had more "wow" plays than Sammy, that's absolutely true.

But it's one season... and, whether you wish to admit it or not, ODB played with a QB and OC who wanted to get him the ball whereas Sammy played with a HC/OC/QB who seemed allergic to getting him the ball.

But is Hackett a Marrone guy? And Henderson too, right? Also WR coach Rob Moore. They all came from Cuse. I'd expect he takes these guys with him (although they don't need to grant permission if they want to keep them)

Obviously... but money is high on any team. IMO these guys are very competitive and aware of their stats/image. OBJ, Evans, etc. is skyrocketed. His was stifled yet by no fault of his.

Hackett doesnt have to go... and I would just as soon go back to college if I were hackett before I follow marrone anywhere. He has an out to a terrible offense. He Bette use it. And also do we really need rob moore? Donnie henderson will be looking for a dc position before he just follows Marrone... furthermore would you follow someone who is all but blackmailing himself from the league with each coming day.

Hackett doesnt have to go... and I would just as soon go back to college if I were hackett before I follow marrone anywhere. He has an out to a terrible offense. He Bette use it. And also do we really need rob moore? Donnie henderson will be looking for a dc position before he just follows Marrone... furthermore would you follow someone who is all but blackmailing himself from the league with each coming day.

I was thinking Marrone would make Henderson his DC so it would be a promotion. However, the Bills do not need to allow it unless it is for an HC. But let's say Schwartz gets the HC job and makes Pepper the DC - the Bills may not block Henderson from the promo opportunity with Marrone if he really wanted to follow him.

Let's not forget that Beckham played on the tenth-ranked offense, with the seventh-ranked passing offense, while Watkins played on the 26th and 19th-ranked, respectively. The Giants threw the ball about 30 more times than the Bills, for a total of about 600 more yards.

That may have contributed to the difference. Maybe.

Giants offense was worse off when beckham was out and Cruz was the featured WR. Beckham made that offense better. You can't extract the WR from the offense dumbass

Giants offense was worse off when beckham was out and Cruz was the featured WR. Beckham made that offense better. You can't extract the WR from the offense dumbass

Question: Why was the offense worse when Cruz was featured and Beckham was out?

Could it be they were undergoing an offensive shift in philosophy (new system, new OC, completely foreign to Eli at the start)? But nahh, don't let context get in the way of your fantasies.