How do you feel right now if you are Sammy Watkins?

YoloinOhio

:lol::lol:

Is it possible Marrone saw to it that Sammy didn't break the 1,000 yard mark in that final game, just to make Whaley look bad?

I don't know how that can be off the table as a conversation. The guys Whaley brought in - Urbik, Watkins, Williams, Brown - he didn't use. He is obviously calculated and was gunning for more control over personnel. What better leverage to have when approaching Pegula for control over the 53 than to say "these guys did nothing who Whaley brought in? I could do better."

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still suspect with pretty good QB play and coaching that Watkins career will rival any of the others. Evans will be a TD machine like Alshon but limited before the RZ, Benjamin the same, beckham is dynamic but had 6,000,000 targets this year. We will see where he ends up when the focus on him is greater. Watkins is the most naturally gifted of the group and I'd expect 1,200 yards and 8 Tds next year.

He must feel like he wishes he got drafted to any other team.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Let's hope things get better before he's a FA.

I feel like a 21 year old multi-millionaire who is a professional athlete with a bright future on the team he grew up rooting for. In other words, I feel pretty damn good.

I feel like a 21 year old multi-millionaire who is a professional athlete with a bright future on the team he grew up rooting for. In other words, I feel pretty damn good.

Let's hope so. If I am him and Marrone is using my acquisition as a reason he isn't coming back it feels pretty sh*tty.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You guys are right - long term this is good for him. I just hate that Marrone throws him under the bus to make himself look better. He did everything asked of him and more.

The good news is that everyone sees what Marrone did now, it's not innuendo or rumor anymore but proven fact that Marrone put himself above the team and Sammy (along with others) paid the price for that in terms of their own stats/touches.

If you are the best or one of the top two players in any draft, you go to a terrible team, you have little help, and suspect coaching, often a new one. You have no choice in that, but you like that you were highly thought of and more money.

Sammy had to be very frustrated with this offense but he probably loves the fact that Marrone is gone and a new guy will be brought in that is less conservative and wants to use his playmakers. He's probably doing cartwheels and googling offensive coordinators.

If you are the best or one of the top two players in any draft, you go to a terrible team, you have little help, and suspect coaching, often a new one. You have no choice in that, but you like that you were highly thought of and more money.

Sammy had to be very frustrated with this offense but he probably loves the fact that Marrone is gone and a new guy will be brought in that is less conservative and wants to use his playmakers. He's probably doing cartwheels and googling offensive coordinators.

Maybe they will go after Chad Morris

:flirt:

Edited by YoloinOhio

You guys are right - long term this is good for him. I just hate that Marrone throws him under the bus to make himself look better. He did everything asked of him and more.

To be fair to Marrone, we have no idea what is really true...though it is hard not to draw conclusions.

Better yet, I'm wondering how Hackett is feeling right now!! Is he feeling like Django unchained? According to J Bus, he feels like Hackett was handcuffed by Marrone and thinks that he is truly an innovative playcaller. Personally, I'd like to see the Bills promote Schwartz, make Pepper Johnson/Donnie Henderson the DC, get a new offensive line and strength/conditioning coach and let Hackett run" his" offense. Like they say, stability is important.

Better yet, I'm wondering how Hackett is feeling right now!! Is he feeling like Django unchained? According to J Bus, he feels like Hackett was handcuffed by Marrone and thinks that he is truly an innovative playcaller. Personally, I'd like to see the Bills promote Schwartz, make Pepper Johnson/Donnie Henderson the DC, get a new offensive line and strength/conditioning coach and let Hackett run" his" offense. Like they say, stability is important.

But is Hackett a Marrone guy? And Henderson too, right? Also WR coach Rob Moore. They all came from Cuse. I'd expect he takes these guys with him (although they don't need to grant permission if they want to keep them)

Well paid

Obviously... but money is high on any team. IMO these guys are very competitive and aware of their stats/image. OBJ, Evans, etc. is skyrocketed. His was stifled yet by no fault of his.

If Maroon gets a new HC gig I think he's got some splainin' to do to his new players. How can they play for a guy who can take away their playing time because of a whim quicker than JTSP can get a hardon by mentioning the name "Sammy"?

He must feel like he wishes he got drafted to any other team.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Let's hope things get better before he's a FA.

I would be thrilled. He is the sole reason they didn't make the playoffs and why he wasn't the offensive rookie of the year.