Head Coach candidate: Pep Hamilton

YoloinOhio

@RapSheet: #Colts OC Pep Hamilton has requests from the #Bills & #Raiders. Hell run the offense, call the plays & use the Bill Walsh model.

@RapSheet: Source who knows #Colts OC Pep Hamilton well: I promise hell impress any owner. Hes a machine. Its a matter of time before hes a HC.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it seem like he is much more aggressive than what most thought he would be originally? I thought he would be a power running offense and that was why they went after TRich. Then it seemed they went balls to the wall this year in the passing game. And I continue to say to anyone that gripes about Luck's INTs that a lot of it has to do with the fact he takes so many chances in that offense.

Whatever it is, Indy has a terrible D and a top 3 offense. Kind of the opposite of us!

Trent Richardson is slow to hit the hole, lacks lateral movement and is average at best. He will not be with the Colts once his contract is up. I can attest that Richardson is NOT a fan favorite here in Indy.

colts fans hate him you think hacked was bad YIKES

This is incorrect. Hamilton is liked and they don't want him to leave. Problem is the lack of a good RB. Richardson is not the answer. They will be drafting a RB who has speed and can catch.

The 2nd thing : his 1st name is Pep.

The only Pep I ever heard was Pep Streebeck. Ha! :-P

Also... Just looked it up, Hamilton went to Howard. So I guess the Bills logo he'd feel comfortable with since it is Howard's (and some claim first) too!

Stay away unless he is bringing Luck with him he will suck, these guys who coordinators for stud players should be removed from the list.

He helped Jay Cutler have one of his best years.

Reich's quarterback is Philip Rivers. Bevell's quarterback is Russell Wilson. You're not gonna find an offensive coordinator/head coach candidate with a weak quarterback. Having a good QB doesn't preclude a coordinator from eventually being a successful head coach.

Reich's quarterback is Philip Rivers. Bevell's quarterback is Russell Wilson. You're not gonna find an offensive coordinator/head coach candidate with a weak quarterback. Having a good QB doesn't preclude a coordinator from eventually being a successful head coach.

Yes, but if their only success comes with an elite QB at the position...buyer beware.

Yes, but if their only success comes with an elite QB at the position...buyer beware.

There's "buyer beware" associated with every single candidate. They're all flawed in some way. Reich's only success has come with Rivers. Bevell looks good now with Wilson and Lynch, but he really didn't in Minnesota. The only time he didn't underwhelm there was with Favre in 2009. Dan Quinn has maybe the most talented defense in the NFL; coordinating that defense got his predecessor, Gus Bradley, a head coaching job and he's done absolutely nothing in two years to prove he's a capable HC. Etc.

Edited by Omar Little

Let's put it this way, Pep had Andrew Luck and maybe he would not be all that great without him.

But... in a similar way...

Jonathan Drouin was a great junior hockey player for the Halifax Mooseheads who put up ridiculous stats as a winger, so everyone thought he was great.

But Drouin played on the same line with the best junior player in the world, Nathan MacKinnon, so everyone thought that it was because of MacKinnon.

But then MacKinnon got hurt for a long stretch, and Drouin still put up incredible numbers without him, and then got drafted third overall, so everyone thought he was actually great.

Then he got sent back to juniors so everyone thought maybe he wasn't that great.

But now he's back up in the NHL and playing pretty well, so everyone thinks he may be great again.

Which can ONLY mean one thing, and I don't know WTF it is.

Let's put it this way, Pep had Andrew Luck and maybe he would not be all that great without him.

But... in a similar way...

Jonathan Drouin was a great junior hockey player for the Halifax Mooseheads who put up ridiculous stats as a winger, so everyone thought he was great.

But Drouin played on the same line with the best junior player in the world, Nathan MacKinnon, so everyone thought that it was because of MacKinnon.

But then MacKinnon got hurt for a long stretch, and Drouin still put up incredible numbers without him, and then got drafted third overall, so everyone thought he was actually great.

Then he got sent back to juniors so everyone thought maybe he wasn't that great.

But now he's back up in the NHL and playing pretty well, so everyone thinks he may be great again.

Which can ONLY mean one thing, and I don't know WTF it is.

Weirdest example ever, but I agree overall: we really have no idea.