Head Coach candidate: Pep Hamilton

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put it this way, Pep had Andrew Luck and maybe he would not be all that great without him.

But... in a similar way...

Jonathan Drouin was a great junior hockey player for the Halifax Mooseheads who put up ridiculous stats as a winger, so everyone thought he was great.

But Drouin played on the same line with the best junior player in the world, Nathan MacKinnon, so everyone thought that it was because of MacKinnon.

But then MacKinnon got hurt for a long stretch, and Drouin still put up incredible numbers without him, and then got drafted third overall, so everyone thought he was actually great.

Then he got sent back to juniors so everyone thought maybe he wasn't that great.

But now he's back up in the NHL and playing pretty well, so everyone thinks he may be great again.

Which can ONLY mean one thing, and I don't know WTF it is.

Excellent! Good to start the day with a genuine laugh.

I LOVE guys from the Stanford coaching tree - Harbaugh, Shaw, and Hamilton. They are smart, run multiple offenses, and play tough football. The Colts pound the ball (Bradshaw averaged 4.7 ypc before injury) and then take homerun shots. Obviously, Luck is a huge reason why but I just love the way Hamilton calls his games.

The lack of experience is scary but I think he is going to be a good coach one day. But there is no way Schwartz stays if he is hired. He is a sleeper candidate for me.

I LOVE guys from the Stanford coaching tree - Harbaugh, Shaw, and Hamilton. They are smart, run multiple offenses, and play tough football. The Colts pound the ball (Bradshaw averaged 4.7 ypc before injury) and then take homerun shots. Obviously, Luck is a huge reason why but I just love the way Hamilton calls his games.

The lack of experience is scary but I think he is going to be a good coach one day. But there is no way Schwartz stays if he is hired. He is a sleeper candidate for me.

Why do you think this?

Also Greg Roman is from the Stanford coaching tree as well.

Why do you think this?

Also Greg Roman is from the Stanford coaching tree as well.

I can't see Schwartz staying if he loses out on the job to a first year guy. It would be an ego blow IMO. I'd love it if we could hire a guy like Hamilton and keep Schwartz and make him an Assistant Head Coach. I just don't see it.

And good call on Roman. I didn't realize that. We are getting guys who learned from Harbaugh (a top 5 coach IMO) without the ego.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I can't see Schwartz staying if he loses out on the job to a first year guy. It would be an ego blow IMO. I'd love it if we could hire a guy like Hamilton and keep Schwartz and make him an Assistant Head Coach. I just don't see it.

And good call on Roman. I didn't realize that. We are getting guys who learned from Harbaugh (a top 5 coach IMO) without the ego.

Where would he go? He's under contract until 2016... no one (yet) has even dropped his name on a HC job. I don't doubt he might feel a bit slighted, but he should also know that he probably needs to bide his time to build back his resume for a HC job so he can be in demand next year for another chance at an HC job. He should be thrilled that he has the talent here to continue to look like a defensive genius (not that he isn't one, but he is loaded with personnel).

He has proved himself as a DC, no doubt. But he didn't do anything to prove himself as a HC here, IMO. That said, if he was hired here, I'd be fine with it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Where would he go? He's under contract until 2016... no one (yet) has even dropped his name on a HC job. I don't doubt he might feel a bit slighted, but he should also know that he probably needs to bide his time to build back his resume for a HC job so he can be in demand next year for another chance at an HC job. He should be thrilled that he has the talent here to continue to look like a defensive genius (not that he isn't one, but he is loaded with personnel).

He has proved himself as a DC, no doubt. But he didn't do anything to prove himself as a HC here, IMO. That said, if he was hired here, I'd be fine with it.

I agree with you Yolo. IMO, the defense is one of the most talented groups in the NFL. But coaches are ego manics. But I hope you're right because I loved the job he did this year.

I agree with you Yolo. IMO, the defense is one of the most talented groups in the NFL. But coaches are ego manics. But I hope you're right because I loved the job he did this year.

I hope I'm right too. Praying, actually...

I think the Bills are consciously moving fwd with Schwartz in the plans and will make sure he's happy. :)

This hire would be a HUGE leap of faith that this guy is gonna be good and be able to lead this team to the playoffs THIS YEAR. Because that's what we need. Our D is built to WIN NOW.

His results in Indianapolis and Stanford have been great. So have Andrew Luck's.

His resume along with Gase and Frank's is short.

In 2006 he was Quarterbacks coach in San Fransisco while Alex Smith was horrible.

2007-2008 Kyle Orton's QB coach

2009 Jay Cuttler's QB coach

I'd rather have someone who has track record of success in the NFL, especially give the amount of talent on this team. We can't waste it.

I say no thanks.

Edited by reddogblitz