Knee jerk reaction to who will be bills new HC

We already have a stellar defense, why bring in a coach (Rex Ryan) who builds great defenses (which is actually already "in hand"), but has never had a good offense?

Isn't that what this team already has?

They had a good offense with a halfway decent OC in schottenheimer. Tony "wildcat" Sparano was horrible and morzenzwhieg (sp?) wasn't much better

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not Schwartz? The defensive players seem to love playing for him. His offense in Detroit was way more aggressive than the one Marrone employed. Was Hackett handcuffed by Marrone? If Marrone gets another job will Hackett follow? I say promote Schwartz, make Pepper DC, keep Hackett and bring in Russ Grimm as offensive line/asst.HC.

This is my wish list

#1- Bill Cowher

#2-Gus Malzahn

#3-Art Briles

#4-Rex Ryan

#5-Frank Reich

#6-Jim Schwartz

I would probably put Malzahn first. Auburn would probably step up though. They just paid Muschamp a fortune to be their DC and those football factories print money so I doubt they would consider letting Malzahn go for $10M or less. I'd also put Rex above Briles and leave it at 5. i think Rex would have better luck hiring an OC if given a fresh start. He's been hamstrung hiring assistant coaches the past few years and stuck with retreads. Rex is a very good HC.

Why not Schwartz? The defensive players seem to love playing for him. His offense in Detroit was way more aggressive than the one Marrone employed. Was Hackett handcuffed by Marrone? If Marrone gets another job will Hackett follow? I say promote Schwartz, make Pepper DC, keep Hackett and bring in Russ Grimm as offensive line/asst.HC.

Hacket will not be employed by the Bills in 30 days. Perhaps less.

I would like Rex Ryan or Bill Cowher and our situation now is so much more attractive then the last time we were looking for a coach

-New very wealthy owners

-Some top level talent defense

-Won 9 games this past season

Edited by Niagara Dude

Mike Shanahan might be of interest as an ex NFL HC with a history of winning 2 SB's.

He did get the Redskins to the playoffs in his third season, and was fired in Washington after he told GM/ Owner that RG3 wasn't developing quickly enough. A power struggle ensued and RG3 won. Guess what, even new HC Jay Gruden says RG3 not good enough as a pocket QB. Gruden got another year, but he might be gone soon too. Meanwhile RG3 is 14-21.

That defense under Jim Haslett has always been in the top ten worst the last five years, and that certainly didn't help.

Just sayin. Bill Cowher would be my first choice.

Why the love for Cowher? He's been out of the trenches for ages. Let him keep reading his TV copy. Reich is a big gamble. Ryan might be good, but I can't get over the horror show the Jets were this year. A good HC doesn't let things get that bad.