Knee jerk reaction to who will be bills new HC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which really makes you wonder WHY MARRONE LEFT IT......

??

I think that there is some truth that he got sick and tired of some in the Buffalo media. I know I am.

I also think that the Jets let him or his agent know that he could go "home" to the NYC area.

Edited by Peter

I think that there is some truth that he got sick and tired of some in the Buffalo media. I know I am.

I also think that the Jets let him or his agent know that he could go "home" to the NYC area.

If he got tired of the Buffalo media, wait intil he gets a load of the NYC media

Don't we want someone who has actually won something in the NFL? And someone who has done it as a head coach, if possible? It seems to me we've taken coordinators left and right to no avail. I also understand your retort might be, "What about Jauron. He was a head coach before Buffalo." Precisely....but he didn't win anything.

It seems the "innovative college coach" is fashionable...but does that coach create a winner?

By extension, I would like to add several people in the organization that have won championships. I would admit being wrong, but it feels like we've gone 15 years with coaches and admin personnel who have no championship pedigree.

It better be an upgrade to an experienced proven winner....if not then this is a HUGE mistake

Another bright young assistant scares the **** out of me.

If anyone mentions the word rebuilding, I will puke my head off....

I have to go with Cowher, Shannahan, Gruden.

Knee Jerk- Schwartz

Cowher is way too comfortable at CBS, amd Gruden just extended his contract with ESPN to 2021. Besides monster names for head coaches will not come to a place without a QB, amd no first round pick.

It will either be a college coach, hot coordinator, or possibly promote Schwartz. If they promoted Schwartz, the best thing he could do is fly on Pegula's Jet with Polian, and lock up Trestman as OC. He'd probably promote Pepper Johnson to DC so there is continuity.

-

If it's not Cowher I like Gary Kubiak.

Part of 3 Superbowl winning coaching staffs including 2 as OC in Denver. He uses that zone blocking scheme that seems to churn out yards regardless of the HB- guys like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Mike Bell, Ben Tate etc. have shined. He'll re-build our running game and won't insist on using the biggest linemen possible to do it.

He never had much of a quarterback in Houston yet still became the only coach to take them to the playoffs. 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, 6-10, 10-6, 12-4, 2-11 and fired midseason.

I think he's worth giving another shot to, he has championship experience, head coaching experience and will build the O to compliment Schwartz.

A lot of you arent keeping with the spirit of the Topic.

OP asked for your knee-jerk. Not your analysis or prediction. He wants your first reaction or gut instinct.

Well thanks a lot, you know full well that I lost my Knees in a tragic bean bag incident , quit discriminating you're being a Knee-Jerk jerk, ...... Josh McDaniels Bills new HC

Badol, Saban will always be on the top of my list. In fact, on Tuesday the feature sports article of the NY Post was a call for the Jets to sign Saban, give him full control and all the money he wants.

Rex would be my next choice, then Malzahn.

Saban has made Alabama into the best football HC job in college or pro......so he'd be stupid to leave that for anything so Jets fans need not consider that option.

I can't seriously consider Rex until he passes on the big markets. He's a good HC. He gets his players to play hard. He knows how to compete against NE and isn't intimidated by Belichick. He just has NO IDEA how to run an NFL offense. None. But I think he is open to doing what it takes. Unlike Marrone. So give Rex a Chip Kelly-like uptempo ground game based offense and keep Schwartz and Donnie Henderson......yeah, that would be tremendous.

Saban has made Alabama into the best football HC job in college or pro......so he'd be stupid to leave that for anything so Jets fans need not consider that option.

I can't seriously consider Rex until he passes on the big markets. He's a good HC. He gets his players to play hard. He knows how to compete against NE and isn't intimidated by Belichick. He just has NO IDEA how to run an NFL offense. None. But I think he is open to doing what it takes. Unlike Marrone. So give Rex a Chip Kelly-like uptempo ground game based offense and keep Schwartz and Donnie Henderson......yeah, that would be tremendous.

I honestly can't see Rex going anywhere near a franchise without a qb.