Knee jerk reaction to who will be bills new HC

How many coaching vacancies has Cowher passed on? Why are people still talking about him?

You need guy a that is hungry, and willing to commit fully to the job, none of these retreads are the way to go. The best man for the job is likely someone that the general public doesn't know much about. Gruden, Cowher, etc...these guys were young assistants that were given a shot. Finding a great coach is like finding a great QB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the love for Cowher? He's been out of the trenches for ages. Let him keep reading his TV copy. Reich is a big gamble. Ryan might be good, but I can't get over the horror show the Jets were this year. A good HC doesn't let things get that bad.

Bill Cowher states he still watches a lot of film on games to stay in touch with what each team is doing. He is well aware of what currently works in the NFL on both sides of the ball. The man went to the playoffs with scrubs worse then Orton at QB.

Both Reich, and Ryan would be a much bigger gamble IMO.

Why not Schwartz? The defensive players seem to love playing for him. His offense in Detroit was way more aggressive than the one Marrone employed. Was Hackett handcuffed by Marrone? If Marrone gets another job will Hackett follow? I say promote Schwartz, make Pepper DC, keep Hackett and bring in Russ Grimm as offensive line/asst.HC.

Keep Hackett??? I will be glad to see him gone.

Why Cowher?? Seriously???????? Because he's the only proven winner at HC in the group mentioned. He's actually won the SB, which is what we are still chasing.

Reich has potential, but would be very risky IMHO. Experience matters. We need someone who can beat Belichick.

Schwartz wasn't a very god HC IMHO.

Ryan wasn't a very good HC either.

Why Cowher?? Seriously???????? Because he's the only proven winner at HC in the group mentioned. He's actually won the SB, which is what we are still chasing.

Reich has potential, but would be very risky IMHO. Experience matters. We need someone who can beat Belichick.

Schwartz wasn't a very god HC IMHO.

Ryan wasn't a very good HC either.

The Steelers have been the best, most stable organization in football over the last 40 years. Each of their coaches have won at least one Super Bowl, with everyone's roles are well defined. The Bills are a very different situation.

I'm not convinced that Cowher is that great...

The Steelers have been the best, most stable organization in football over the last 40 years. Each of their coaches have won at least one Super Bowl, with everyone's roles are well defined. The Bills are a very different situation.

I'm not convinced that Cowher is that great...

Cowher can hypothetically bring stability to the organization and attract and maintain good coaches with a reputation as a fair and good boss. That is what Cowher is. Keep in mind, we are behind the rat race at this point.

Nate Hackett. Next man up.

---

Naw, but seriously, knee says Reich.

Not enuf gravity to challenge Whaley, who the Pegulas like. Would be liked by Polian when/if he comes in. Can stay on the offensive side of the ball while Shwartz holds it down on D. Would be given plenty of lee-way by die-hard Bills fans.

And would quell whatever movement exists for Pegula to bring Jimbo into the organization. Pegula connects with the past, but with a view to the future.

Darell Bevell. Get the top OC to run the show. Just won a Super Bowl. Has learned from a top 3 HC what it takes to get it done. Keep the whole defensive staff if possible, though I assume Marrone comes calling for Henderson or Pepper, and build a whole new offensive staff handpicked by Bevell.

Edited by VanCity

Cowher can hypothetically bring stability to the organization and attract and maintain good coaches with a reputation as a fair and good boss. That is what Cowher is. Keep in mind, we are behind the rat race at this point.

I can understand that perspective, and understand a bit of what he brings to the table. He isn't terrible, but I'm not sure his specialty is building a team. I never thought of him as some great tactician either.