Knee jerk reaction to who will be bills new HC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhh snap! Is that for real? Bring it on! I didn't think there was a hope in hell that could happen.

Elevate Can't Hackett out of the way to HC and bring in Trestman as OC. No one will see the continuity coming. B-)

Actually, how ingenious would it be to make Hackett the defensive coordinator? If there is anyone anywhere that knows how to immediately grind an offense to a halt it's him.

Ohhhhhh snap! Is that for real? Bring it on! I didn't think there was a hope in hell that could happen.

***EDIT - not sure if this is BS or not, just saw that Lori re-tweeted it and did a small amount of research. Not sure if it is BS or not***

So the pic is from 2012, but the guy has said this in response to if it was a fake post:

Nick Giammusso@NickGiammusso 2h2 hours ago

@Iamtherock23 No! He's all over town!

This guy's bio is:

Nick Giammusso is the President, CEO and Co-Founder of VIPSeats.com, a ticket marketplace that helps clients buy and sell sports, concerts and theater tickets worldwide.

Prior to starting VIP Seats, Nick worked as a concert promoter and box office manager for his god parents Irwin and Monique Pate and their companies Pate & Associates and Prime Seats. He worked his way up to become the Director of Marketing & Ticket Sales at Prime Seats, a Buffalo, NY ticket company. Nick was instrumental in helping to grow a start-up ticket service into what became known as Western New York’s Buffalo Memorial Auditorium Box Office in the late 80′s and early 90′s.

Nick has been featured and referenced in The Pittsburgh Post Gazette- Demand for Tickets Lodging Promises To Be Super, Indy Star, ESPN.com- Super Bowl gets back to basics: Glitz and Glamour, The Buffalo News- A People-Person’s Ticket To Success, ESPN.com- World’s Most Recession Proof Economy, Chicago Sun Times- Need Two You’ll Need Bucks, Fox Sports, Sports Business Journal and many other national publications as a result of his knowledge and experience in the ticket industry.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Mine: Rex Ryan

I know there are issues to get around like relationship with Schwartz and defense having 4-3 personnel, but I think that gets sorted out in favor of a guy who's had legit success against bellichick and knows other teams in the division well. Don't forget winning division is easiest way to make post season because it means beating just 3 other teams (ask panthers). Probably also somehow personal about sticking it to jets for allegedly courting marrone into option out.

I say book it, Rex is coming here

Oh God no! Almost anybody but him, he is a defensive coordinator trying to be a head coach and sucking at it!

I know, here we go back to 6 and 10 again or maybe if we are lucky 7 and 9

Why? They went 9-7 in spite of Marrone, not because of him. His departure is not in itself a bad thing. If the Bills replace him with an even worse coach, sure, but that remains to be seen.

Actually, how ingenious would it be to make Hackett the defensive coordinator? If there is anyone anywhere that knows how to immediately grind an offense to a halt it's him.

You know in an odd way, that makes sense. He certainly brought our offense to a halt!

Why? They went 9-7 in spite of Marrone, not because of him. His departure is not in itself a bad thing. If the Bills replace him with an even worse coach, sure, but that remains to be seen.

I think Marrone was a decent coach it was offensive coordinator and o line that sucked. And when you bring in a new coach they always have to have a new system , not that I worry about them changing the offense. I worry about them changing the defense.

I can understand that perspective, and understand a bit of what he brings to the table. He isn't terrible, but I'm not sure his specialty is building a team. I never thought of him as some great tactician either.

The team's 90% built. Once we get Polian and a coach like Cowher in house the QB position will be seriously addressed I suspect.

You know in an odd way, that makes sense. He certainly brought our offense to a halt!

I think Marrone was a decent coach it was offensive coordinator and o line that sucked. And when you bring in a new coach they always have to have a new system , not that I worry about them changing the offense. I worry about them changing the defense.

Your concern about a defensive change is reasonable, but bear in mind Marrone hired the terrible offensive coordinator and was supposed to be an O-line guru. But the OL was horrible during his tenure. The only thing I liked about him was the fact that he hired Pettine and Schwartz.

Edited by Heisenberg

Your concern about a defensive change is reasonable, but bear in mind Marrone hired the terrible offensive coordinator and was supposed to be an O-line guru. But the OL was horrible during his tenure. The only thing I liked about him was the fact that he hired Pettine and Schwartz.

Yes, you are right on all those points. Maybe I should not worry until we see who we get for coach. I thought we were doomed when we lost Pettine, but that worked out fine.

The team's 90% built. Once we get Polian and a coach like Cowher in house the QB position will be seriously addressed I suspect.

I hope that post goes directly to God's ears. If all that happens, I promise to stop drinking and beating my wife.

I have my preferences, but I have to believe that with the Pegulas as owners, Polian possibly coming on board, and the current state of talent on the team, the position of head coach of the Buffalo Bills would have to be very attractive to any elite candidate.

I have my preferences, but I have to believe that with the Pegulas as owners, Polian possibly coming on board, and the current state of talent on the team, the position of head coach of the Buffalo Bills would have to be very attractive to any elite candidate.

Well, there is no question that the job is more attractive than it has been any time in the last 20 years--maybe ever.

Why the love for Cowher? He's been out of the trenches for ages. Let him keep reading his TV copy. Reich is a big gamble. Ryan might be good, but I can't get over the horror show the Jets were this year. A good HC doesn't let things get that bad.

Dick Vermeil was out of coaching for about 15 years then came back and led the Rams to a Superbowl championship.

Dick Vermeil was out of coaching for about 15 years then came back and led the Rams to a Superbowl championship.

The keyboard jockeys probably wrote that the game had passed him by when the Rams hired him.