Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

No. I love Schwartz as DC, but fear him as head coach. Detroit was getting worse with him.

Schwartz's 5 year record, while bad, was still better than the 5 preceding it. I don't have full faith in him, but I have some.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this

I have so much respect for the Pegula's.

Marrone did not desrve an extension yet and I am glad the Pegula's didnt budge.

If Marrone doesnt want to be here then good riddance.

I just hope the Bills are now an appealing option to possible HC candidates

CBF

Yep. That sums it up for me as well.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 50s51 seconds ago

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 2m2 minutes ago

Top source confirms: Marrone will pocket $4 million base salary for 2015 in addition to anything he makes from next employer.

I find this very difficult to believe. I dare say it would be totally unprecedented, and incredibly poor negotiating by the Bills.

Prediction time:

Polian named President and Football Czar.

Whaley remains as GM and responsible for the roster with help from Polian.

Overdorf gone and Whaley is responsible for cap; he and Polian hire a capologist.

Brandon is given a promotion and new job to run the business side of Bills/Sabres/HarborCenter/New Bills Stadium.

Schwartz named HC. Henderson named DC, Pepper Johnson leaves to become Marrone's DC.

Schwartz gets some highly regarded OC that Pegula pays a boatload to, who may be in line if Schwartz falters.

I am on record as being one of the biggest anti Marrone people on the board.

That being said, i can understand why he did this.

He knows he sucks as a HC, got lucky this year to win 9, and team under him would most likely regress next year.

He gets fired and gets only the last year of his contract.

This way he gets the $4M , gets a new 4 year deal somewhere else...like getting a 5 year extension.

As much as i hate him as a coach, i have to respect this decision from a financial standpoint

Prediction time:

Polian named President and Football Czar.

Whaley remains as GM and responsible for the roster with help from Polian.

Overdorf gone and Whaley is responsible for cap; he and Polian hire a capologist.

Brandon is given a promotion and new job to run the business side of Bills/Sabres/HarborCenter/New Bills Stadium.

Schwartz named HC. Henderson named DC, Pepper Johnson leaves to become Marrone's DC.

Schwartz gets some highly regarded OC that Pegula pays a boatload to, who may be in line if Schwartz falters.

I could see all of this but Reich is my prediction for HC. I think that the other stuff is pretty accurate.

Could someone explain to me how Dougie opts out (leaves) but still gets paid $4 million next year...in addition to his salary from his new team. He decided to leave yet he gets $4 million fro the Bills?? Wtf??

Someone needs to ask the savior Russ.

Could someone explain to me how Dougie opts out (leaves) but still gets paid $4 million next year...in addition to his salary from his new team. He decided to leave yet he gets $4 million fro the Bills?? Wtf??

But he's a big dummy. Actually just a good agent. With relocation a possibility if a new owner came along, it was probably a provision any coach would ask for.

He got a clause in his contract because ralph was so old, that if ownership changes in the three years he is the coach, he has an opt out clause where he gets 4m if he chooses it.

Makes all the sense in the world. Seems as if Marone tried to leverage extensions for the rest of his staff, and T Pegs declined. Good on Marone for trying, but better on the FO for saying no. Hackett needed to go.

Edited by DirtDart

I could see all of this but Reich is my prediction for HC. I think that the other stuff is pretty accurate.

I can see the giving Reich the title of Associate Head Coach and OC so it is a promotion, and then he is the guy who is in line for the job. He does not deserve a HC job in any way right now. He's never really ran an offense.

I am on record as being one of the biggest anti Marrone people on the board.

That being said, i can understand why he did this.

He knows he sucks as a HC, got lucky this year to win 9, and team under him would most likely regress next year.

He gets fired and gets only the last year of his contract.

This way he gets the $4M , gets a new 4 year deal somewhere else...like getting a 5 year extension.

As much as i hate him as a coach, i have to respect this decision from a financial standpoint

I have to fully agree with you hear. And I can't tell you how excited I am to HATE him and whatever team he coaches. That's what he's bought from Bills fans with that $4 mil. Real gangster move. Good for him. Really hope he coaches the Jets,

Marrone is just an ass plain and simple. He thinks he's a Saint and reason for our success and tried power moves and fought with Whaley. He lost. He's a loser.

Our team won b/c of personnel and defensive coaching. Not Marrone. Don't the let door hit you in the ass.