Something's about to happen

Virgil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see much happening myself, but if anything does happen my guess is that it would be a 1 or 2-year extension for Marrone and staff, and maybe Marrone getting more say in the roster.

If a Polian thing happens, I doubt that would happen until February.

I've got flight data monitored for flights in to all airports within 50 miles of OP.

Who's got Tempo? The actual airport? We also need eyes at the Peace Bridge, on Luke Russerts mom, OBD itself and can someone please find Pat Moron?

Alpha team, go go go!

I don't see much happening myself, but if anything does happen my guess is that it would be a 1 or 2-year extension for Marrone and staff, and maybe Marrone getting more say in the roster.

If any part of this happens...ugh! Polian's a dinosaur that needs to stay retired (and keep his entitled brat-of-a-son away from this organization). Marrone getting an extension is emetic! We needn't revisit the Jauron extension nightmare.

I do not expect extensions yet. After all we kept hearing about time to review things, I do not think they willy nilly extend a few guys here, a few later and then look at what to do with others later.

Doesn't seem good form to extend Johnson, Pagac this week Henderson next week, etc etc. I think they are going to put it on the table, look at it all and evaluate it. Then if someone like Polian is coming let him and Pegula come in and be presented the info. Pegula then talks it over with Polian and Whaley. Three get on the same page, insight from Brandon maybe, others... something like that.

Of course, this is because I think the only role Polian will have is to give a true football perspective on the situation. To help Pegula size up what he has with who he has. I would love it if he could talk to Cowher, Joe Gibbs or someone that has been involved in professional football/sports for a long time. Someone who can say "Whaley is hungry, he wants to win and succeed but his ideas, they just do not seem rational. I would give him some free reign but also make sure you realize that he may bite off more then he can chew. I recommend finding someone who can help beneath him in an office management situation to assure he gets the info needed." "Marrone is a coach who will succeed but he needs to get off the track he is running in order to do so. He's a great coach but you will need him to unhinge himself from some of his principles in order to succeed. The faith he shows in his talent is jaded by his personal relationships with them and thus it makes him an ineffective leader when doling out responsibility. ...this is how I would handle it."

Stuff like that. Polian knows business. He knows talent acquisition. He knows how to put the right people in the right positions. But, he is new to football management and will need help assessing what talent is for the game.

The only thing I want to see "happen" at this point is for that 3-day opt out period to pass without incident. Starting over with a new HC is not the answer here -- despite what far too many fans think.

That's a Bingo.

Just call it a weird feeling, but I think something's about to happen that's going to shake things up.

You just happen to have a weird feeling on same the day Marrone has to decide if he wants to opt out of his contract...way to go out on a limb

Edited by Max997

Just call it a weird feeling, but I think something's about to happen that's going to shake things up.

Call it a gin storm - it IS New Year's Eve! :D:beer:

I'm not so sure. That Paup4ever guy could really become the all time leader in dumb threads started in a week

Most Unique, let's be PC, it is almost 2015 :D