Something's about to happen

Virgil

Just hire Rex. He will be so pissed and we would never lose to the jets again. Plus he can actually scheme to beats the pats

Plus he knows how to drag a team down from playoff caliber into the muck in just a few years. But gosh, if we go 4-12 beating the Jets and Patriots it woud be so awesome!

Jets record w Rex (just say no): NYJ 2009 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC East 2 1 .667 Lost to the Indianapolis Colts in AFC Championship Game NYJ 2010 11 5 0 .688 2nd in AFC East 2 1 .667 Lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Championship Game NYJ 2011 8 8 0 .500 2nd in AFC East – – – – NYJ 2012 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC East – – – – NYJ 2013 8 8 0 .500 2nd in AFC East – – – – NYJ 2014 4 12 0 .250 4th in AFC East

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to gloat or say something about being awesome, but it was literally a feeling. Things were just too quiet and overall too positive going into the offseason. Just based off the way that things were going with other teams so quickly. I was literally sitting at work, checking the forums, and just felt off. Like something was about to break all this silence. The last time I felt that way, I lost my job a few hours later out of nowhere ;-(. I kind of thought it would be this, but also thought it could just be the firing of Hackett.

Honestly, I wish I was wrong. I liked Doug. I wanted Hackett gone. All I can assume is that A) the front office disagreements at the beginning of the year were true. B) They wanted Hackett fired and he refused. or what I really think C) He used this as the opportunity to play the field, use interest as leverage to get more control of player personnel and got shut down. I also think they told him that Polian may be coming in and he didn't want another hand in the pot.

End of the day, lucky guess that could have easily been wrong. To those who made fun of the post, you can kind of suck it just for being rude. What's a forum if not for the opportunity to talk about the topics at hand.

Also, I'm a little pissed at Doug because of his "You're stuck with me" comments. And you can tell by the players Tweets that they were blindsided, which I have no respect for. The whole, I'm from the area and this is my dream job BS. You find a way to make your dream job work. Plus the endorsements he was getting by the organization. Just a big FU. If he goes to the Jets, we will have two rivals in our division immediately. Aaron Williams said it best:

https://twitter.com/...431094948913152

By the way I didnt make fun of the post. I didnt see it. most likely i would have been one of those

But at the same token, what's a forum without jokes.

They were not killing you either. Most were fart jokes.

Good call tho.

Its not just Marrone gone because Terry Pegula wouldn't give Nathaniel Hackett an extension :thumbsup:

as the good news just keeps coming

Bill Polian to take over the football operations side late Jan :thumbsup:

More good new as Jason LaCanfora says Bills adviser Buddy Nix will not be offered a new contract once his expires next month :worthy:

Man, you gotta let us know when you get more of these feelings :lol:

Why is Polian taking over for football operations good? His Indy teams stunk for ten years and only manning kept them afloat. Plus his son is the worst GM in the league and I'm sure bill will try to get his little boy a promotion of some type here.

And why is buddy nix being axed a good thing? Our team is pretty loaded with talent since he came on board. We used to have awful drafts now they are pretty darn good.

Why is Polian taking over for football operations good? His Indy teams stunk for ten years and only manning kept them afloat. Plus his son is the worst GM in the league and I'm sure bill will try to get his little boy a promotion of some type here.

And why is buddy nix being axed a good thing? Our team is pretty loaded with talent since he came on board. We used to have awful drafts now they are pretty darn good.

First off the person stating Polian to Buffalo in a football adviser / president position also stated his son WON"T be coming with him.

What planet are you from? In his 13 years at Indianapolis 10 of those years his teams were in the playoffs, along with 2 SB appearances and one win.

Polian built a playoff team from an expansion team in three years. How long did it take the Texans to get to the playoffs, 10 years? The Browns were an expansion in 1999, and are still looking for a playoff year.

Polian took a 2-14 Bills team and got them into the playoffs in three years, along with 4 SB appearances.

Lastly Buddy Nix is the goober who had the philosophy that OG's are a dime a dozen, that any OT can slide inside to a OG position if needed, and that OG's should be drafted in the mid to late rounds. How did that work out this past year?

That is probably the biggest reason he will finally be gone.

The drafts have been better under Whaley then they ever were under Nix. 2010 was almost a complete wash, save Spiller who wasn't needed. Still liking that 4th rounder Nix got for trading away Marshawn Lynch? How is that trade up for TJ Graham doing?

About the only thing Nix did that was great was getting rid of Bills chief scout Tom Modrak, and yet the offensive side of the scouting dept still sucks. I for one am darn grateful a 73 year old Buddy Nix will finally be gone from the team.

If Marrone goes to the Jets, and Hackett follows....he might just regret it bigtime. Imagine, moving from EJ to Gino......yikes......make somebody want to become a 5th grade teacher!! Maybe Marrone is dumping his staff.....and starting over...no wait...he is the king of the gumba hiring. Of course, Marrone makes sense for the JEts, as he would be coming home...raised in the city.

If Marrone goes to the Jets, and Hackett follows....he might just regret it bigtime. Imagine, moving from EJ to Gino......yikes......make somebody want to become a 5th grade teacher!! Maybe Marrone is dumping his staff.....and starting over...no wait...he is the king of the gumba hiring. Of course, Marrone makes sense for the JEts, as he would be coming home...raised in the city.

The guy has hired exactly ONE staff in the NFL. He's not even in contention for "King of the gumba hiring".