Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

My prediction: There will be no more treating EJ Manuel like he is a fragile piece of glass. He is going to be asked to run the ball in the read option even if that means taking hits.

My bolder prediction: The Bills will trade next yer's first round pick and this years 2nd round pick to trade up and take a QB.

Manuel and the new guy will compete for the job.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, no. But Tannehill quality? Sure. Or Dalton quality? Yep. Of course Flacco wasn't Flacco quality until the 2012 playoff run either, but we shouldn't expect that kind of transformation again.

Crazy to think EJ could be a 60% passer with 3:2 Td to int ratio and low 80s qb rating?

I am not sure how i feel about this hire if it happens.

I would prefer a proven OC with HC experience. I think this would help REX be a success.

The OC with HC experience is key because he understands the job of HC. Imagine what we had this year in reverse. BUT the HC could actually coach his side of the ball!

Which OC with HC experience were you talking about?

Not thrilled about Roman. I hope he was truly handcuffed by Harbaugh like I've been reading. I'm also hoping he can develop EJ. Not a bad hire but I'm not super excited about it. Now it's time for me to go watch a ton of 49er film to see how they've run that offense through the years.

Thanks for that. I feel a lot better now. I don't know much about him. Don't know if he's good or bad. That was encouraging that he totally adapts to his players and not forcing a system.

I knew nothing about him either and I feel much better about him reading this...

One fact that is amazingly overlooked .. There are no qbs worth taking if you don't have a top five pick in 2015 . It could be argued that the next qb worth a shot will be picked in the third hence the rationale for no pick this year round one . Hundley is only one that may go late first and is a worse version of ej .. Hope their moves have admitted they don't like him any more than Winston , who may be a good fa when he matures in five years ..

Can we please just get Kyle Shanahan to come in and make a simplistic offence. Manziel might not be able to do 1 read, but Manuel can (it's 2 reads or more that he slows down). Also Zone Blocking is like the perfect thing to do for us. Pretty sure Shanahan could draw up plays to get spiller in space as well.

Given his situation in SF and Rex in NJ, they really value olines. We have some nice pieces all ready. I can see a big FA signing at G.

Both those O lines were built by previous regimes. It was Eric Mangini who drafted DaBrick, and Mangold in 2006, (and in 2007 he drafted Revis, just sayin). That 2008 line (before Rex)also had Damien Woody, Alan Faneca.

In 2010 Singletary drafted Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, and that line was loaded with #1's & #2 picks before Harbaugh / Roman even got there.

The Jets started out to be a dominate run team with a strong defense when Rex got to NY with Brian Schottenheimer as OC, and for some reason moved away from that as the years went by.

I honestly don't know what to expect from the 2015 offense, and everything will depend on those OG acquisitions. The Bills need serious upgrades on 3 of the 5 line spots, unless they can coach up some of those young players.

Umm, no. But Tannehill quality? Sure. Or Dalton quality? Yep. Of course Flacco wasn't Flacco quality until the 2012 playoff run either, but we shouldn't expect that kind of transformation again.

You should compare Flacco and EJ's rookie year stats. Very similar. There was talk early in his career that Flacco held back the Ravens.

Roman isn't perfect but he's the best NFL OC EJ has ever had.

Hopefully a strong run game will help open up Sammy et al. Question is, will EJ progress in 2015 or will we bring in a free agent QB, and if so, who? Another interesting off season for the Bills.

We need to bring in a FA quarterback. EJ as a savior is a major reach, despite what his GM says. If I'm Ryan, I insist on it before I sign the contract (of course $5 million a year may temper his insistance).

The longer you work on "developing" EJ, the more disillusioned veterans on this team will be. It's hard enough to keep good ones in Buffalo as it is. Bring in a FA and let them fight it out. Also, look at Kirk Cousins; he'll come cheap. He's talented no matter what his critics say.

We need to bring in a FA quarterback. EJ as a savior is a major reach, despite what his GM says. If I'm Ryan, I insist on it before I sign the contract (of course $5 million a year may temper his insistance).

The longer you work on "developing" EJ, the more disillusioned veterans on this team will be. It's hard enough to keep good ones in Buffalo as it is. Bring in a FA and let them fight it out. Also, look at Kirk Cousins; he'll come cheap. He's talented no matter what his critics say.

This is funny. Even though EJ has a better td to ratio and qb rating than Cousins, Cousins is talented and EJ isn't. There is no agenda here.

Also, I think playing under Shanahan and Gruden is slightly better than playing under Hackett and Marrone. Slightly.

I'm sorry, but if this is true then it's a terrible hire. You can talk about situation all you want, but the proof is on the field. He isn't being retained for a reason and they have a equal, if not better offensive unit than us. You can't say that their WR's are better nor RB's. Their offensive line is better. Yes, they played against good defenses, but we will too.

We were an offensive unit away last year from the playoffs. There is nothing about this hire to inspire a change. Same for Rex. We brought in a defensive minded guy who runs a different kind of defense than we do. So basically, we are going to possibly change our strength and bring in a different version of the same guy we've been trying to fire all season.

Not feeling it

I always liked Roman...

I think this past season in San Fran can be written off...Very weird situation for that locker room to deal with...

They still finished with the 4th best rushing Offense in the NFL...Something the Bills need to improve desperately...

I think you can easily assume bringing in Roman means the Bills will at the very least inquire about the possibility of trading for Kaepernick...I think Kaepernick was a Harbaugh guy big time and San Fran make take this opportunity to get that cap money cleared off in order to keep their best players on Defense long-term and re-adjust... We'll see... B-)