Ryan Nassib - revisited

Anyone remember all the buzz around Marrone and his former QB Ryan Nassib during the 2013 draft?

A lot of people thought the Bills were going to take Nassib, but instead they made the move for EJ. Looking at our current QB situation with Orton retiring, I think the Bills should look into trading for Nassib.

Marrone, Hackett and Nassib all know each other and they had a good working relationship at one point.

Nassib also has a few years working under Eli for the Giants, so he isn’t a rookie anymore. Instead of wasting a mid-round pick on a QB prospect, I think Whaley should trade for Nassib, let’s say a 4th or 5th rounder. I’m a Cuse football fan and I can say Nassib really shined under the Hack man.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have drafted him in that same draft with the 4th pick that we used on Duke Williams. It was the first draft of this new coaching staff and I don't think people would have objected to it.

The Giants took him a couple of spots later, so a 5th won't do it for the Giants and I really don't see a 4th in this draft being that attractive to them. When it comes to QBs you have to overpay a little, no matter if the guy is unproven.

You know, he is another native Pennsylvanian.

We can work the PA Conspiracy Connection.

Pegula, Cowher, Nassib.

He hasn't played a game for the Giants. Does anyone know if he is "coming along nicely" or what?

I'd take a stab at him as a prospect for camp if we could get him for not much.

the fact that they didnt take him in the 4th round means Whaley feels the guy simply has no shot at being a good NFL qb.

Gruden felt he was the most NFL ready of all the qb's that year, I was shocked at how far he fell.

He can sling it. Must be an accuracy issue or maybe he showed an inability to know where to go with the ball.

exactly Marrone and Hackett coached him and said not good enough...this is the NFL. If it were that easy bring in Urban Meyer and pick up the trophy at the end.....this aint college. It's not simply recruiting or collecting the best players and coaching has NOTHING to do with anything THAT is college

exactly Marrone and Hackett coached him and said not good enough...this is the NFL. If it were that easy bring in Urban Meyer and pick up the trophy at the end.....this aint college. It's not simply recruiting or collecting the best players and coaching has NOTHING to do with anything THAT is college

Who knows who said he isn't good enough. After all Marrone and Whaley cant seem to agree on anything. Or was it Buddy Nix's idea to draft EJ over anyone else?

They should have drafted him in that same draft with the 4th pick that we used on Duke Williams. It was the first draft of this new coaching staff and I don't think people would have objected to it.

You don't think anyone would have objected if we took two rookie QB's in the same draft? I do and I would have - especially if it's their first draft (the coaches don't draft the players).

At this point I'm ready to give any QB a try. Osweiler has played behind maybe the best QB ever for three years. You have to think he's going to want his shot at being a starter really soon somewhere and Manning could play for another 3 years. I wouldn't be opposed.

This was the QB I wanted in that draft.

They passed.

And have been wrong on each choice since. So I'm guessing there might be something here.

Maybe in the aftermath of the Wilson/Kap debut mania they thought EJ was that guy. Not bc they think Nassib can't cut it. They just felt they were set and didn't want to 'waste' a pick.

Edited by Big Blitz

You don't think anyone would have objected if we took two rookie QB's in the same draft? I do and I would have - especially if it's their first draft (the coaches don't draft the players).

I know I wouldn't. With a new regime I wanted to do what shanahan did with the redskins, bring two QB projects, Duke Williams won't make or break your team a good QB might.

the fact that they didnt take him in the 4th round means Whaley feels the guy simply has no shot at being a good NFL qb.

I'm having trouble with this conclusion. Because a team typically only has a few picks, they often have to choose between several players they like, in most any round. Doesn't mean they thought the guy they passed on had no shot at being good in the NFL.