Ryan Nassib - revisited

I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were making a comparison.... I was just trying to use EJ (probably our 3rd string QB) as a reference... Why trade for more of the same? I won't even go out on a limb and try and suggest EJ has more upside, because I don't know that... What I do know as those two QB's are comparable, and trying to make move for someone to compete with your 3rd string QB is silly

Long story short- I would support and organizational move like this if he showed more- granted, that would require more to acquire him, but blindly taking shots for a starting QB from other teams benches isn't how Super Bowl contenders are made...

Apologies for being so contentious. I'm not even saying we should trade for him anymore (I did advocate trading a mid v round pick for him in the offseason before we got Taylor). I just think that when he's a free agent he'll get a shot at starting somewhere and that he could end up being a solid player. Obviously my opinion is Cuse biased, but it's just what I think. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for being so contentious. I'm not even saying we should trade for him anymore (I did advocate trading a mid v round pick for him in the offseason before we got Taylor). I just think that when he's a free agent he'll get a shot at starting somewhere and that he could end up being a solid player. Obviously my opinion is Cuse biased, but it's just what I think.

As a FA signing, I'm on board with bringing ANYONE in on a reasonable contract... I don't really like trading away draft picks- look at what our team has done with mid and late rounds picks lately

As a FA signing, I'm on board with bringing ANYONE in on a reasonable contract... I don't really like trading away draft picks- look at what our team has done with mid and late rounds picks lately

Can't disagree with this.

Ask anybody here in Syracuse.

The Buffalo Bills should have taken Nassib in the draft when Marrone started with the Bills. Nassib is not a great QB but working under Marrone in Marrone's first year he could have at least gotten the Bills (and Marrone) up and running until the Bills got a better long term QB.

The Buffalo Bills putting all their eggs in one basket with EJ Manuel and not selecting Ryan Nassib in the draft was a HUGE QB blunder and the Bills are paying for that QB blunder today.

Here in Syracuse there are many who think that Marrone left the Bills because Marrone knows that the Bills are screwed long term at the QB position.

The Buffalo Bills should have taken Nassib in the draft when Marrone started with the Bills. Nassib is not a great QB but working under Marrone in Marrone's first year he could have at least gotten the Bills (and Marrone) up and running until the Bills got a better long term QB.

The Buffalo Bills putting all their eggs in one basket with EJ Manuel and not selecting Ryan Nassib in the draft was a HUGE QB blunder and the Bills are paying for that QB blunder today.

Here in Syracuse there are many who think that Marrone left the Bills because Marrone knows that the Bills are screwed long term at the QB position.

At least you are admitting that we should ask a group of homers for that opinion...

With the Marrone / Hackett ship having sailed off, is Nassib still worth bringing in? He shined under Hackett, but who knows how Roman would use him. Roman is more of a read option type guy (see Kapernick). I don't know if Nassib would thrive in that system.

Technically, I am just North of Syracuse, so maybe I don't count as anyone.

The diehard Syracuse fans I know were glad to see Marrone go, thought the Bills were crazy. Rumor was Marrone was lucky to close out the 2012 season with wins and he wouldn't be able to compete in the ACC. By mid-season 2012, they were ready to fire him. Actually Nassib looked pretty good in those last 4 wins. But to think Marrone could win with Nassib and not with Manuel is a stretch.

Oh yes, and Syracuse was his "Dream" job.

I could see bringing in Nassib for free, but suggestions that the Bills trade for him just don't make sense.

I personally believe Marrone left the Bills because he knew he was lucky to win as many games as he did last year and he would never be worth more on the market than at that time.

With the Marrone / Hackett ship having sailed off, is Nassib still worth bringing in? He shined under Hackett, but who knows how Roman would use him. Roman is more of a read option type guy (see Kapernick). I don't know if Nassib would thrive in that system.

Not being a smartass but watch him play this preseason. He's not that good.

At this point I'm ready to give any QB a try. Osweiler has played behind maybe the best QB ever for three years. You have to think he's going to want his shot at being a starter really soon somewhere and Manning could play for another 3 years. I wouldn't be opposed.

and yet there was talk the Broncos offered Tyrod more money than we did this offseason. Perhaps because Kubiak wanted to bring in a guy he knew or perhaps Osweiler isn't the QB he was made out to be. The thing is with EJ thus far I think he's shown to be the best QB of his draft class which is all we could ask for. Has he developed into the QB we wanted? Not yet but I still say he's a better #3 than Simms ever will be. So keep him around for the season and then if we still have a hole at QB next year we take a QB with our top pick next year and then toss aside Manuel. Tossing him aside makes no sense as everyone here is crying for us not to start Cassel yet have more faith in a guy in Tyrod who has 35 NFL pass attempts to his name with 2 INTs. Think about that? The grass might be greener with Tyrod but it might not be the good greener some hope he is but he could be greener as he's less developed than EJ.

Has anyone looked at Matt Ryan or Matthew Staffords their first two seasons and compared EJ to them? Not that far off and these guys eventually got better, why can't EJ?

and yet there was talk the Broncos offered Tyrod more money than we did this offseason. Perhaps because Kubiak wanted to bring in a guy he knew or perhaps Osweiler isn't the QB he was made out to be. The thing is with EJ thus far I think he's shown to be the best QB of his draft class which is all we could ask for. Has he developed into the QB we wanted? Not yet but I still say he's a better #3 than Simms ever will be. So keep him around for the season and then if we still have a hole at QB next year we take a QB with our top pick next year and then toss aside Manuel. Tossing him aside makes no sense as everyone here is crying for us not to start Cassel yet have more faith in a guy in Tyrod who has 35 NFL pass attempts to his name with 2 INTs. Think about that? The grass might be greener with Tyrod but it might not be the good greener some hope he is but he could be greener as he's less developed than EJ.

Has anyone looked at Matt Ryan or Matthew Staffords their first two seasons and compared EJ to them? Not that far off and these guys eventually got better, why can't EJ?

Because the bills posters ,want a new shiny toy. For a little while.