Rumor: Pegula met Cowher for dinner

YoloinOhio

Here's a question: does Whaley have the authority to fire Marrone on his own?

Probably but it should be an organizational decision. Obviously when the GM - President and owner disagree on these things it can deteriorate their relationship and we see it all the time. There's other times when they disagree and feelings don't get hurt and they can still move forward and work together. So sometimes it plays out that they disagree and the President and Owner will say we disagree but hey ultimately it's your decision so go ahead - and other times it creates a riff and the GM is told no you're not doing that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably but it should be an organizational decision. Obviously when the GM - President and owner disagree on these things it can deteriorate their relationship and we see it all the time. There's other times when they disagree and feelings don't get hurt and they can still move forward and work together. So sometimes it plays out that they disagree and the President and Owner will say we disagree but hey ultimately it's your decision so go ahead - and other times it creates a riff and the GM is told no you're not doing that.

That is kind of what I am sensing.

What this team needs is an innovative mind for the offensive side of things. Go find the next Chip Kelly and offer him 10 million a year.....done.

If they don't retain Marrone, I want Malzahn.

What this team needs is an innovative mind for the offensive side of things. Go find the next Chip Kelly and offer him 10 million a year.....done.

I have to disagree. I don't think it's find a Chip Kelly and done. Kyle Orton has such limitations it has little to do with innovation. It's a tall order to find a QB.

Just remember...Cowher would want a lot of control, which means Whaley goes, too.

Just a minute, those two must be acquainted....at the very least, as they both have Steeler pedigrees! I wouldn't be sure that Cowher would result in Whaley being dumped. Especially if Cowher was upstairs from the GM position........

Here's a question: does Whaley have the authority to fire Marrone on his own?

Theoritically, yes......but......he would not do that without Pegula's and Brandon in the picture and agreeing.....Whaley is a team player, and would not get out of line by doing that on his own. Now, they might let him make the final call, but not without serious consultations with the folks upstairs.