Brandon is a Big part of the problem

Toledo Bill

Brandon seems to skate through so much of this mess. He is the one constant through these depressing years. I am really sick of "He is a great Marketer". There are a lot of talented marketing professionals out there.

He had Wilson's ear and he is doing his best to work on Pegula.

He was "in charge" for several of the terrible decisions that have been made.

He hired a lower tier College coach (and his asinine assistants).

So now he is "working" Pegula with all his comments about Marrone.

He is a politician and a very poor football man.

Get rid of him... he is a major part of this teams problems.

Brandon seems to skate through so much of this mess. He is the one constant through these depressing years. I am really sick of "He is a great Marketer". There are a lot of talented marketing professionals out there.

I have zero problem with him staying. As long as his duty's reporting to Kim are. power point presentations on the upstick of seat cushions, Hot Dog Sales, and the stats on people caught sneaking subway sandwiches into the games.

He is useless, a guy who has been here for every second of suck, better known as Bills football. He should be muzzled, fired, whatever. he is a huge reason the Bills and more importantly the staff at OBD are one of the worst in the NFL. With his supposed "new" position within the organization it was actually stunning for him to still be making football related comments regarding the team. he is a moron, and a loser, like his crony staff.

Put him in the basement and take his stapler.

Pegula is bringing in a football guy this offseason. If he brings in the right guy, Brandon won't be able to hurt us (if thats what he's doing).

We need better scouting personnel and a professional proven NFL OC. Cant afford more Kujo picks, and we certainly can't afford poor gameplanning like yesterday.

Brandon seems to skate through so much of this mess.

Are the Buffalo Bills really a mess? I mean, are they making the Pegula's money? Do the Pegula's really want a winning Buffalo Bills football team or are they primarily in it for the money?

Buffalo Bills fans lap this stuff up even when the Bills suck. So why would the Pegula's care about a winning Buffalo Bills football team?

Pegula is bringing in a football guy this offseason. If he brings in the right guy, Brandon won't be able to hurt us (if thats what he's doing).

We need better scouting personnel and a professional proven NFL OC. Cant afford more Kujo picks, and we certainly can't afford poor gameplanning like yesterday.

bingo. I also think this job is a little more attractive to football people as the appearance is this team is on the upswing so maybe we land a good football operations guys and a better head coach who hires a good OC and we're off and running...we shall see.

The big part of the problem yesterday is simple. -2. That's the only statistic that you really need to know. In the history of the NFL, when you are -2 in turnovers, you lose the game 95% of the time. This game is squarely on the shoulders of Kyle Orton and the offensive play calling of Hackett. As has been typical, Hackett has this team playing to the level of the competition in lieu of playing to win. It's bush league. I've used this analogy before. Hackett is playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess, and Orton just isn't good enough to overcome terrible game planning.

If pegula hasn't already brought in his football man then you can bet your butt we will see maroone for another year.

Black Monday is called black Monday for a reason. Other teams will have their staffs solidified long before this consultant is even started

If pegula hasn't already brought in his football man then you can bet your butt we will see maroone for another year.

Black Monday is called black Monday for a reason. Other teams will have their staffs solidified long before this consultant is even started

You would think that if a consultant is going to be hired, he has already been doing his homework, and would have a plan that would begin immediately.

I also dont think its out of the realm of possibility the new Football Pres. would retain Whaley, Marrone and co., at least for a year.

Edited by May Day 10

There is no "football guy" or "guru" or "consultant". That's Terry Pegula. And I'm really beginning to believe that the only reason why Pegula bought the Buffalo Bills is because he knows that there's pleney of suckers out here who will buy into the Bills year after year. Making Pegula a lot of money.

You would think that if a consultant is going to be hired, he has already been doing his homework, and would have a plan that would begin immediately.

I also dont think its out of the realm of possibility the new Football Pres. would retain Whaley, Marrone and co., at least for a year.

I've seen enough of Marrone. I don't have any ill-will toward the guy but for an offensive guy the Bills offense is really 'offensive', as in awful. Hackett has been way in over his head since the start and his scheme is not working. We can't live through this disaster on offense for another season in '15.

I would promote Schwartz to HC, promote Pepper Johnson to DC, retain most of the defensive and special teams staff and bring in an NFL level, competent OC and let him choose the offensive coaches with the new HQ. 1st order of business - identify a credible QB plan to get some competency under center, evaluate free agent offers to retain Hughes and Spiller while fixing the problem in the offensive line for real.

I've seen enough of Marrone. I don't have any ill-will toward the guy but for an offensive guy the Bills offense is really 'offensive', as in awful. Hackett has been way in over his head since the start and his scheme is not working. We can't live through this disaster on offense for another season in '15.

I would promote Schwartz to HC, promote Pepper Johnson to DC, retain most of the defensive and special teams staff and bring in an NFL level, competent OC and let him choose the offensive coaches with the new HQ. 1st order of business - identify a credible QB plan to get some competency under center, evaluate free agent offers to retain Hughes and Spiller while fixing the problem in the offensive line for real.

Schwartz had more talent in Detroit and couldn't make the playoffs, i can't fathom how anyone could want to fire Marrone and promote him. Good DC, leaves much to be desired as an HC.

I don't know, I think the blame has to go on the players. All the game we lost were there for the taking, we just didn't make plays. Brown fumbling out of the enzone, ej picked off by watt, giving up a 3rd and 22 in a must win game. It seem like in football the difference between most wins and loses is 2 or 3 plays a game.

I don't know, I think the blame has to go on the players. All the game we lost were there for the taking, we just didn't make plays. Brown fumbling out of the enzone, ej picked off by watt, giving up a 3rd and 22 in a must win game. It seem like in football the difference between most wins and loses is 2 or 3 plays a game.

Agree. Look, the coaches aren't perfect, but we didn't miss the playoffs bc of them. This team isn't good enough, close, but not yet. Without a QB no coaching staff is going to look great out there, we're limited at QB/OL, two important holes we just couldn't fill.

Sharpen your pitchforks! Someone has to be strung up and hanged for this abomination! I don't see why you landed on Brandon??? There is a big GLARING person to blame for the piss poor play calling and it is Nate Hackett. He calls 9 runs against one of the worst run D's in the league and has no adjustments or answers for the other teams game plan week after week. I am a true believer that even with Orton's performances week after week any "NFL capable" OC gets us into the playoffs this year.

In no way did he devise plays to get our playmakers he ball. While Green Bay put their dangerous wideout in shotgun and handed him the ball, are you telling me we couldn't do that with Watkins? Show Hackett the door not Brandon. This offense is painful to watch not soley because of the o-line (which marrone should know how to fix right? since he was an o-line player ???) but because of the Bush League Offense they ran.

Sharpen your pitchforks! Someone has to be strung up and hanged for this abomination! I don't see why you landed on Brandon??? There is a big GLARING person to blame for the piss poor play calling and it is Nate Hackett. He calls 9 runs against one of the worst run D's in the league and has no adjustments or answers for the other teams game plan week after week. I am a true believer that even with Orton's performances week after week any "NFL capable" OC gets us into the playoffs this year.

In no way did he devise plays to get our playmakers he ball. While Green Bay put their dangerous wideout in shotgun and handed him the ball, are you telling me we couldn't do that with Watkins? Show Hackett the door not Brandon. This offense is painful to watch not soley because of the o-line (which marrone should know how to fix right? since he was an o-line player ???) but because of the Bush League Offense they ran.

the fact is, there is always something with this organization. It is flawed. They never get it right, and Russ Brandon has presided over this mess for a long time, has probably been the most influential/powerful member of the front office since Donahoe was relieved. A whole new football program that can and will sustain itself must be built. Staying "in the hunt" longer doesnt appeal to me as success.

Blame the guy who was put into a position to run a football team by an owner who didn't care he didn't have the football experience? Got it. It's like your boss coming to you and saying "Hey, I know you've stood there driving bolts into engine blocks for 15 years but do you want to run this entire factory?" You say yes because the money is better and your boss has faith (albeit totally misplaced). Brandon is a good marketer and savvy businessman and I think the Pegula's will recognize that value and put him in the right position to continue doing what he does. I think the personnel department is better Whaley, despite the Kujo whiff, are showing good decision-making and player evaluation skills. They've drafted some good ones, found some good ones off other rosters (intrigued by Gray as a TE), traded for Hughes, etc. It's a legit dept and I hope they keep it together.

They need a president of football ops and that person will keep Whaley not because he's told to but because he's good. I suspect that the first conversation of the offseason is "What are we doing in 2015 with this tire fire of an offense?" And the response better not be "Nate will improve."

I don't like hackett, but I thought 9 was to many, the o-line couldn't block for crap yesterday. At some point you got be more then this massive brain trust of plays and tricks. Sometimes you have just block the guy in front of you. Lets face it the o line stinks.

Jimmy Ov' is a significant part of the problem too. I mean with the position him and Russ have had the past years it must come on their shoulders. Not an absolute fore-gone conclusion but blame on them none the less. Our talent pool was never stocked up and when it did? It was never retained. Gut wrenching my friends, that's all this ride has been for the past 16...

Sorry you think Russ is a easy scape goat for yesterday but I don't agree. He wasn't on the field when the defense gave up a crucial 3 and 22. He didn't throw 2 ints. He did make 3 lousy punts and a crappy onsides kick. This game a was a colossal failure on way more fronts than blaming Russ.

I have zero problem with him staying. As long as his duty's reporting to Kim are. power point presentations on the upstick of seat cushions, Hot Dog Sales, and the stats on people caught sneaking subway sandwiches into the games.

He is useless, a guy who has been here for every second of suck, better known as Bills football. He should be muzzled, fired, whatever. he is a huge reason the Bills and more importantly the staff at OBD are one of the worst in the NFL. With his supposed "new" position within the organization it was actually stunning for him to still be making football related comments regarding the team. he is a moron, and a loser, like his crony staff.

Put him in the basement and take his stapler.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Terry needs Brandon to sell his lemon. He's losing big time in the oil/gas business.

Ya, I'm the sure Pegula's are counting pennies at night worrying about the next meal.

Jimmy Ov' is a significant part of the problem too. I mean with the position him and Russ have had the past years it must come on their shoulders. Not an absolute fore-gone conclusion but blame on them none the less. Our talent pool was never stocked up and when it did? It was never retained. Gut wrenching my friends, that's all this ride has been for the past 16...

So the capologist is the reason now? I didn't realize that we were in bad cap position? By most accounts the Bills will have 1 of the best cap situations in the league.

Sorry you think Russ is a easy scape goat for yesterday but I don't agree. He wasn't on the field when the defense gave up a crucial 3 and 22. He didn't throw 2 ints. He did make 3 lousy punts and a crappy onsides kick. This game a was a colossal failure on way more fronts than blaming Russ.

I agree.

It's not fair.

You have to look at his whole body of work...oh wait!!!

Mike... Yesterday has very little to do with my comments on Brandon. He hired the Coaches and has had input on players. He was not THE problem yesterday but is a part of the overall problem that we have seen for many years. Everyone is all over Marrone, Hackett and others (Understandably so) but let's not forget Brandons "contributions".

I have mixed feelings on Brandon and his comments on Marrone building a new culture were clearly stupid unless Marrone has a secret yogurt experiment going on in the lunch room fridge at OBD.

That said, when Mr. Wilson died, Brandon personally participated in a lot of events with the fans, and helped the team through the sale process which resulted in them being permanent Buffalo residents. That is a big deal IMO and I'm guessing it was not easily navigated with vultures like Jones and Kraft trying to get Jon Bon Jersey and Toronto. I'm not saying he did that all on his own, but he played a part. To me, whatever he did during that transitional phase to end up with this result should never be forgotten.

So he hired an incredibly crappy coach while he had a limited budget. That has been a short term problem. It can be fixed.

Mike... Yesterday has very little to do with my comments on Brandon. He hired the Coaches and has had input on players. He was not THE problem yesterday but is a part of the overall problem that we have seen for many years. Everyone is all over Marrone, Hackett and others (Understandably so) but let's not forget Brandons "contributions".

Bill....in that case I can agree, it was a organization failure yesterday! IMHO worse than 2004 because this team has some actual talent (I thought). I just didn't see the urgency that you'd expect in anybody almost like they knew they would fail.It's like I'm yelling at the TV that time is ticking away and they are standing around with their thumb up their ass! I'm just as disgusted as everybody else.

I have mixed feelings on Brandon and his comments on Marrone building a new culture were clearly stupid unless Marrone has a secret yogurt experiment going on in the lunch room fridge at OBD.

That said, when Mr. Wilson died, Brandon personally participated in a lot of events with the fans, and helped the team through the sale process which resulted in them being permanent Buffalo residents. That is a big deal IMO and I'm guessing it was not easily navigated with vultures like Jones and Kraft trying to get Jon Bon Jersey and Toronto. I'm not saying he did that all on his own, but he played a part. To me, whatever he did during that transitional phase to end up with this result should never be forgotten.

So he hired an incredibly crappy coach while he had a limited budget. That has been a short term problem. It can be fixed.

Brandon had little to do with the team staying... unless he built a time machine, and went back in time to advise Terry Pegula on how to build a mega billion dollar portfolio. Those with billions of dollars make all the rules. Pegula made an offer that couldnt be refused. Without Pegula, this franchise would have been hard-pressed to find a local bid rich enough. Maybe that would have given an opportunity for Brandon to organize a group of Golisano, Rich, Jacobs, the guy from California that kind of looks like Billy Corgan, etc... but thats not how it went down and we will never know if it would.

Pegula was buying this team no matter what.

Edited by May Day 10

Actually, if you judge Brandon on the marketing side he's done an exceptional job. he's managed to get fans to buy tickets despite putting an absolutely miserable product on the field for 15 years. He extended the market to Rochester and fleeced Rogers out of $85M. Those achievements alone should qualify him for a promotion to God of Marketing!

When you look at the results side however, he shouldn't be anywhere near NFL team operations.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Brandon had little to do with the team staying... unless he built a time machine, and went back in time to advise Terry Pegula on how to build a mega billion dollar portfolio. Those with billions of dollars make all the rules. Pegula made an offer that couldnt be refused. Without Pegula, this franchise would have been hard-pressed to find a local bid rich enough. Maybe that would have given an opportunity for Brandon to organize a group of Golisano, Rich, Jacobs, the guy from California that kind of looks like Billy Corgan, etc... but thats not how it went down.

Pegula was buying this team no matter what.

I get it and don't totally disagree but that doesn't mean Brandon couldn't have made things difficult. He was the voice of the current owner in all of the NFL meetings; he could have sold his soul to douche bags like Kraft and Jones....but he didn't. That may not have changed anything, but still. He didn't have to show up at the fan rally after Ralph passed. IMO he has shown a lot of class during an unusual set of circumstances over the last 5 years or so. I understand if you disagree but I don't see it that way.

Yes, the hiring of Marrone was b a double d badd but it isn't like Ralph gave him a blank check. Now he has one. We may keep Marrone for another futile year to be "fair" but obviously if we do, we'll be HC shopping a year from now. The next HC hire is the biggest on field move in decades for this team.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I dont disagree that he handled the death of Mr. Wilson and the months following "well" and with class (dont know how else he could have handled it)... but IMO he had little to do with the result of the sale. Say he "sold his soul" to Jones and Kraft... what exactly does that entail and how would it have prevented Pegula from bidding on the team at an NFL record pricetag? And that's also assuming kraft and Jones were in the market for souls and made an offer

Edited by May Day 10

There is no "football guy" or "guru" or "consultant". That's Terry Pegula. And I'm really beginning to believe that the only reason why Pegula bought the Buffalo Bills is because he knows that there's pleney of suckers out here who will buy into the Bills year after year. Making Pegula a lot of money.

This is one of the most ill-informed posts here of all-time, and there have been some doozies.

I dont disagree that he handled the death of Mr. Wilson and the months following "well" and with class (dont know how else he could have handled it)... but IMO he had little to do with the result of the sale. Say he "sold his soul" to Jones and Kraft... what exactly does that entail and how would it have prevented Pegula from bidding on the team at an NFL record pricetag?

A lot of weird stuff goes on in business and don't think dirt bags like Kraft and Jones couldn't have made something happen. I'm not trying to say that Brandon saved the day, but he clearly and loudly advocated the team staying in Buffalo. This was a reflection of Mary Wilson no doubt, but personally I give him some credit. He could have been some sort of turncoat. The sale of the team was a big deal. It got done pretty quickly and very smoothly. Brandon had some level of a part in that. If left out of football decisions I do not have any issues with him being a prominent part of the Bills business.

I share some of your concerns especially given his positive comments on this obvious train wreck of a coach.

Geepers, I read Hackett before the Oakland game stating the Bills offense just needs more time and continuity. Now Brandon is teaching and training the staff members he has his name on (being Marrone and Hackett) slinging propaganda now. Did they have a meeting to figure out the best way to all keep their jobs that isn't Whaley and the Defensive staff.

Keep Whaley and the Defensive staff and get rid of the crap everywhere else including Brandon. I don't care if Brandon isn't even on the football side any more, can him! Just the fact he has been lying, cheating and stealing from us Bills fans for far too long!

Actually, if you judge Brandon on the marketing side he's done an exceptional job. he's managed to get fans to buy tickets despite putting an absolutely miserable product on the field for 15 years. He extended the market to Rochester and fleeced Rogers out of $85M. Those achievements alone should qualify him for a promotion to God of Marketing!

When you look at the results side however, he shouldn't be anywhere near NFL team operations.

Hi, I'm a Bills fan. I don't care about any of those things, I just want my team to win.

Terry needs Brandon to sell his lemon. He's losing big time in the oil/gas business.

Seems to me that Terry sold his oil/gas properties at the EXACT right time. He timed the market nicely and liquidated in time to pay cash for the Bills.

Businessmen like Pegula recognize Brandon's value and will move to maximize it and at the same time move him away from areas where he can't add value. Brandon would be one of the first to tell you he's not a football man, so they're already moving him into business operations as his sole focus. But they do need to get him to stop speaking about football, such as his recent vote of confidence for Doug Marrone on WGR.