Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I absolutely would.

I would also trade it for Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Flacco, Ryan, Luck, Wilson and Eli Manning

That's about it. Any one of those would immediately make us a playoff team and superbowl contender.

Rivers or Rothsberger way before ELI

Obviously the Bills would do it. 2015 2nd and 3rd. 2016 1st. Or almost whatever it takes from a Bills perspective.

For the Saints, you could sort of make an argument that they should consider it. They suck in pretty much the suckiest division in the NFL. He's a huge cap committment. The issue I see (other than the fact that they would be trading away a franchise QB) is who takes his place?

If the saints had a young guy they are grooming, I'd say maybe they'd consider it. But I don't think they do. So I can't see how they could trade Brees away.

Give them the Picks and EJ Manual

The fact that people even think that they would ever consider that really lowers the lowers the credibility of this board.

I always thought that we knew the game a little better than that. Apparently we are so blinded by our need for a QB that we will believe anything. There are people that actually think a team would trade a QB with better career numbers than Brady, coming off of a 5,000 yard season for anything. Come one people get real!!!!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The fact that people even think that they would ever consider that really lowers the lowers the credibility of this board.

I always thought that we knew the game a little better than that. Apparently we are so blinded by our need for a QB that we will believe anything. There are people that actually think a team would trade a QB with better career numbers than Brady, coming off of a 5,000 yard season for anything. Come one people get real!!!!!

Wait.... you mean the Saints have to agree to this???

That ruins everything!

(You posted some amazing stats a while ago that I must admit shocked me, and I was expecting big numbers. I'm just thrilled if we have a 300 yard passing game.)

Wait.... you mean the Saints have to agree to this???

That ruins everything!

(You posted some amazing stats a while ago that I must admit shocked me, and I was expecting big numbers. I'm just thrilled if we have a 300 yard passing game.)

He passed for 300+ nine straight games last year. He's done it twice in his career. At the time no one else had reached 8 straight, and only 15 times had 5 in a row been accomplished. Those totals are from last October.

Edited by NoSaint

What I find funny is all the people saying it will never happen, I have news for all of you, anyone is available for the right price. Now with that being said what's the price, we will most likely never know.

What I want to hear this off season is Doug W calling around to find the QB he believes can put us over the top. If he does that and can't meet the price than that a different matter but at least go out and explore some options

I think the most likely out come could be Cutler, hey if Romo can turn his career around Cutler could too, if the guy could just control the turnovers there is no denying he has the talent (but you still have to fix the train wreak o-line).

Edited by gordong

What I find funny is all the people saying it will never happen, I have news for all of you, anyone is available for the right price.

the price proposed was in the OP - and it wont happen for it. if we gave enough, sure, but itd be A TON

the price proposed was in the OP - and it wont happen for it. if we gave enough, sure, but itd be A TON

I agree it would take a ton to get Brees, but...... With him as QB we go to a super bowl favorite, Would you trade the chance to win a SB knowing you are going to suffer for it years later.

Personally I would.......Because I believe that this defense will be long gone before we can draft/or groom a QB. I think we have 3 maybe 4 year window defensively .

Edited by gordong

What I find funny is all the people saying it will never happen, I have news for all of you, anyone is available for the right price. Now with that being said what's the price, we will most likely never know.

What I want to hear this off season is Doug W calling around to find the QB he believes can put us over the top. If he does that and can't meet the price than that a different matter but at least go out and explore some options

I think the most likely out come could be Cutler, hey if Romo can turn his career around Cutler could too, if the guy could just control the turnovers there is no denying he has the talent (but you still have to fix the train wreak o-line).

It's a MINIMUM of 3 1sts. I guess that anyone is available for that but it's not realistic. It like saying "I would be a Pats fan for a trillion dollars."

Yes but you have to acknowledge that taking on a nearly 20 million dollar cap hit in one position would mean letting players on the defense walk. Hughes would certainly be done and it might mean letting Dareus walk next year.

You would do that for Brees. Jerry Hughes is a nice player. Drew Brees is a top 10 QB all-time (without much argument).

Yes but you have to acknowledge that taking on a nearly 20 million dollar cap hit in one position would mean letting players on the defense walk. Hughes would certainly be done and it might mean letting Dareus walk next year.

on the bright side, you could shed that kyle orton contract too!

It's a MINIMUM of 3 1sts. I guess that anyone is available for that but it's not realistic. It like saying "I would be a Pats fan for a trillion dollars."

You would do that for Brees. Jerry Hughes is a nice player. Drew Brees is a top 10 QB all-time (without much argument).

Everything comes at a cost was my main point. If you send that valuable pick to get Brees then you are also committing a lot of salary to that position too. Its worth it considering how important getting a QB is. But it comes at a cost. Having 20 million at QB means letting Hughes and Dareus go. And it going to mean making a lot of other more difficult choices all around the roster.

Everything comes at a cost was my main point. If you send that valuable pick to get Brees then you are also committing a lot of salary to that position too. Its worth it considering how important getting a QB is. But it comes at a cost. Having 20 million at QB means letting Hughes and Dareus go. And it going to mean making a lot of other more difficult choices all around the roster.

No doubt but good cap management can make that a non issue. NoSaint talked about it up thread in regards to NOLA. There are LOTS of ways to creatively operate the cap while your window is open.

It's a moot point though in regards to Brees. He's not going anywhere. It could be relevant however if talking about someone like Cutler.

• 1 month later...

Can they afford the 24 million hit from Drew Brees' contract? Will he be willing to restructure? It seems like a mess down there and maybe we make a push to get him. I would be stoked if we could somehow make it happen. And in other news I wouldnt mind picking up Owen Daniels in FA. Probably both pipe dreams I know!