How about inserting E J for a few plays?

ShelfromNJ

That very rarely works.

That said, on third or fourth and short, or goal line situations, he may be a lot better for this offense to go in and run roll outs, or bootlegs, or read options, or just scramble his way for first downs or Tds, or even QB sneaks. I think that might be a decent idea considering that Orton can't move and we don't have great short yardage blocking. Orton would hate it but he can't move and he's playing like crap which is the only reason to consider it.

EJ in the wildcat. Run it a few plays vs the Raiders. Then vs the Pats run it once and then next time have the TE block down and then roll off the block and he will be wide open for the pass. Gray would be the perfect guy to run this play with

That very rarely works.

That said, on third or fourth and short, or goal line situations, he may be a lot better for this offense to go in and run roll outs, or bootlegs, or read options, or just scramble his way for first downs or Tds, or even QB sneaks. I think that might be a decent idea considering that Orton can't move and we don't have great short yardage blocking. Orton would hate it but he can't move and he's playing like crap which is the only reason to consider it.

Yeah, because he was doing all of those things before he got benched...

None of this happened.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VBDqyq_6Oc0

Holy smokes at the 1 min mark. What a run and td strike to stevie !

Free ej !!

That happened a year ago. Then he was benched this season. It's a nice highlight reel with some nice passes and things..but it wasn't a lot of this: " run roll outs, or bootlegs, or read options, or just scramble his way for first downs or Tds".

Did it in Chicago...Shhhhhhhhhh

LOL

Well kudos to the OP for getting others to reply. I brought this up a couple weeks ago in two other threads about the suckitude of our O....I had zero replies :)

My point was with a supposedly "do whatever it takes to win" and "innovative OC" that they have had weeks to work on a few plays to keep the other D on their toes. It doesn't take a DC much to game plan for Kyle Orton, which leaves them more time to gameplan against Freddy, Sammy, etc. what's wrong with giving a DC one more thing to prepare for? EJ was touted as a mobile QB, and he's 6-4, 240. I mean, hell, we sure could have used a wrinkle when Miami, KC, and Denver were sending the house on pass plays knowing Kyke was a sitting duck.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

What do you think about designing a few plays for E J to run? It would definitely surprise other teams. We could use the no huddle offense. It might really confuse the Pats and give a spark to the offense.

Because the no huddle offense worked so well when EJ was the starter?

Well kudos to the OP for getting others to reply. I brought this up a couple weeks ago in two other threads about the suckitude of our O....I had zero replies :)

My point was with a supposedly "do whatever it takes to win" and "innovative OC" that they have had weeks to work on a few plays to keep the other D on their toes. It doesn't take a DC much to game plan for Kyle Orton, which leaves them more time to gameplan against Freddy, Sammy, etc. what's wrong with giving an OC one more thing to prepare for? EJ was touted as a mobile QB, and he's 6-4, 240. I mean, hell, we sure could have used a wrinkle when Miami, KC, and Denver were sending the house on pass plays knowing Kyke was a sitting duck.

Eh I believe we are winning and in the playoff run with 2 games to go. Let's not be Cleveland and over think this thing. The last time we did that was to bench Flutie (the guy who got us there) and that hasn't worked out so well

Care to discuss Andrew Lucks sub 200 yard pass day yesterday vs those same Texans ?

2013 highlights are expired ?

Yes they are. Go back and read the comments had about the switch to Orton. He was not decisive, he was inaccurate, he did not demonstrate leadership. EJ only sees time this year if Orton is hurt.

What do you think about designing a few plays for E J to run? It would definitely surprise other teams. We could use the no huddle offense. It might really confuse the Pats and give a spark to the offense.

But that would show a coach thinking in a forward aggressive manner & thats not in our coaches thought pattern !!

Eh I believe we are winning and in the playoff run with 2 games to go. Let's not be Cleveland and over think this thing. The last time we did that was to bench Flutie (the guy who got us there) and that hasn't worked out so well

No one said start him. Throw him in for a couple plays a game. Different look, give a DC something else to game plan for, even if you don't use it much or if at all. Two times we were blowing out the jets, it wouldn't hurt a thing.....but it throws more at the opponent to counter act and work on with his players during practice. That's all. Didn't feel like we were "winning and in playoff run" when we lost to KC and Miami. Both these teams and Denver had it easy defending a one dimensional Kyle Orton

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

Because the no huddle offense worked so well when EJ was the starter?

he was a freaking ROOKIE and missed a few games to injury . AS a Rookie EJ won 2 or 4 games in the 4th QRT, he also lost 2 games back to back because SJ13 and Chandler dropped / fumbled balls away in the 4th with a lead before the opponent scored on those turnovers!!!

If you EJ haters think that the Bills will get a QB ti be an instant SB Hero I have some swampland in Florida I'd love to sell you!!!

My point was with a supposedly "do whatever it takes to win" and "innovative OC" that they have had weeks to work on a few plays to keep the other D on their toes. It doesn't take a DC much to game plan for Kyle Orton, which leaves them more time to gameplan against Freddy, Sammy, etc. what's wrong with giving a DC one more thing to prepare for? EJ was touted as a mobile QB, and he's 6-4, 240. I mean, hell, we sure could have used a wrinkle when Miami, KC, and Denver were sending the house on pass plays knowing Kyke was a sitting duck.

the complete lack of innovation in our offense is mind boggling. These goofballs were brought in because they were supposed to be innovative offensive minds.