Russ Brandon: "Marrone Has Changed the Bills' Culture"

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is great that RB gave his vote of confidence but the choice to keep Marrone is not up to him

CBF

This is an important point to remember, I think. RB just doesn't have the influence he used to have in this area. He can only recommend.

GO BILLS!!!

@AdamBenigni

#Bills President Russ Brandon gives vote of confidence to Doug Marrone at QB Club luncheon. @wgrz

#Bills Brandon: "I'm not always a fan of all the play calls... but Doug Marrone has changed the culture of the organization." @wgrz

@AdamBenigni

Clarification on #Bills/Russ Brandon quote: "I'm like any other fan, I don't always understand all of the play calling." (1/2)

(2/2) was said in context of giving Doug Marrone full vote of confidence at #Bills QB Club luncheon. "Leading organization on right path."

Hmm... perhaps I am a contrarian over here but why is Brandon making these statements ? This implies he is evaluating the coaching staff. Simon stated in some posts that RB still squawk's in WHaley's ear too often. The argument can be made that he is a marketing person and is hence involved in painting a rosy picture of the Bills.

IMO, Brandon should stick to comments about where the team plays, which markets are important etc and really shut up about the football side of things.

P.S. I do agree with his statement but wish it was Whaley who made it instead.

Hmm... perhaps I am a contrarian over here but why is Brandon making these statements ? This implies he is evaluating the coaching staff. Simon stated in some posts that RB still squawk's in WHaley's ear too often. The argument can be made that he is a marketing person and is hence involved in painting a rosy picture of the Bills.

IMO, Brandon should stick to comments about where the team plays, which markets are important etc and really shut up about the football side of things.

P.S. I do agree with his statement but wish it was Whaley who made it instead.

If there is a true separation between the business and football operations at OBD, this would be like Sabres' President Ted Black endorsing Ted Nolan in public. From what I know of Sabres' GM Tim Murray, he would be POed and privately tell Black to STFU.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We can't really argue with the results. Sure, the defense is the bread winner, but Schwartz works for Marrone and although Marrone makes some boneheaded in game decisions, he's still only a 2nd year coach. He'll get better at those things as he gains experience.

The players play hard every game. That's all you can really ask for,

That and finding a new OC and QB of course....

If there is a true separation between the business and football operations at OBD, this would be like Sabres' President Ted Black endorsing Ted Nolan in public. From what I know of Sabres' GM Tim Murray, he would be POed and privately tell Black to STFU.

this is what really gets under my skin as far as Brandon goes... and why I get the "wild idea" he is involved in matters not solely on the business/marketing end.

personally I think it is entertaining how he gives zero f#*%s what the media thinks. They cannot stand it.

I actually think it colors a lot of people's opinion of him. People get mad when he doesn't explain every detail or situation and what is going on or why the decision was made as it was. It then leads to wild speculation such as the M Williams, Urbik, or Mario injury situations.

Do you honestly think the Pegulas don't know what Brandon is going to say in a situation like this? Seriously? If you do, I've got some sweet land in Florida to sell you.

I actually think it colors a lot of people's opinion of him. People get mad when he doesn't explain every detail or situation and what is going on or why the decision was made as it was. It then leads to wild speculation such as the M Williams, Urbik, or Mario injury situations.

Actually, and I meant to post this WAY earlier, hopefully it doesn't get buried here: Chris Brown offered some sterling insight into the whole M.Williams thing.

It was on the WGR pregame yesterday.

He said in Williams' waning days, Orton approached Hogan and Watkins about when they could schedule some time to come in during off-hours to throw. Williams was standing right there and wasn't even an after thought in the process.

Brown indicated that once he witnessed that, that Orton didn't even consider him among the peer group, that he knew Williams' days were numbered.

It's also an anecdote that puts to rest that it was Williams v Marrone.

i believe that he thinks the local media are often not knowledgeable about their questions and comments and doesn't care about massaging that. He reminds me of Bill Polian. Maybe it's a NYC thing. Edited by YoloinOhio