• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I like that too. His press conference yesterday was fantastic:

Reporter: "you don't seem very happy today coach."

DM: *shrugs* "Busy".

I loved that.

a very belichick-esque PC yesterday. Kind of funny.

Heard something on the radio this morning about good coaches. Can't remember who the interview was (might have been Peter King on Dan Patrick) but basically a good HC is someone who can hire a good staff and people want to work for.

Marrone has his issues, but the staff he assembled, especially on defense, is awesome. Get this dude a decent QB and we are right back at the top. I really believe that

If he can upgrade the OC spot. Either by helping Hackett or replacing him outright. Then he passed the final test.

I wonder if there would still be so much hatred for the play calling if Orton could throw a catchable ball once in a while.

Until you show some Spiller OR Brown off tackles. Probably. Maybe some pass pass run or run pass run or any deviation from the usual predictability on a normal basis. Play calling needs to be fine tuned

Russ was on WGR this morning. He didn't know why the coach was even a question at this point. It was a pretty awkward interview tbh.

I don't live where I can get WGR, from the sound of things that is not a big loss. The Buffalo media seems to have more than their share of d-bags. I don't see how at this point the Head Coach can even be in question as to his return. The team is building and mistakes will be made. Making a change, 2 years into a program, that has shown progress in many ways, is just plain ludicrous.

I don't live where I can get WGR, from the sound of things that is not a big loss. The Buffalo media seems to have more than their share of d-bags. I don't see how at this point the Head Coach can even be in question as to his return. The team is building and mistakes will be made. Making a change, 2 years into a program, that has shown progress in many ways, is just plain ludicrous.

check out the link to the interview that was just posted in this thread. While I understand there are questions that can be posed about Marrone I thought it was kind of tacky the way Simon threw in Brandon's face about Mike Williams, punting decisions, etc. Just came off unprofessionally and he might have gotten a more informed response from Brandon had he not been such a d*ck in the interview. Jmo.

The wgr morning guys just blew up at each other about this quote. Howard saying culture change isn't a real thing and sal disagreeing. It was pretty funny to listen to on my drive to work.

The WGR hosts, except Sal who has a football background, are like kindergarteners discussing quantum physics.

14 years of no playoffs makes the media think they know something.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Glad Howard asked Brandon those questions. Russ is so smooth and sounds like a politician

Its called making the playoffs. The Bills will be happy being 8-8 and looking in.

check out the link to the interview that was just posted in this thread. While I understand there are questions that can be posed about Marrone I thought it was kind of tacky the way Simon threw in Brandon's face about Mike Williams, punting decisions, etc. Just came off unprofessionally and he might have gotten a more informed response from Brandon had he not been such a d*ck in the interview. Jmo.

I'd rather not listen to Brandon the marketing guy.

To be fair, these guys get bombarded by these questions every single day multiple times a day from fans. It makes sense for them to ask the same questions their listeners want to know answers to when they get to interview someone from the Bills front office.

Glad Howard asked Brandon those questions. Russ is so smooth and sounds like a politician

Its called making the playoffs. The Bills will be happy being 8-8 and looking in.

I'd rather not listen to Brandon the marketing guy.

I agree with you guys that the questions needed to be asked by Howard and were totally appropriate. Russ also responded exactly as expected given that he was integral in hiring Marrone and where the team currently is.

To be fair, these guys get bombarded by these questions every single day multiple times a day from fans. It makes sense for them to ask the same questions their listeners want to know answers to when they get to interview someone from the Bills front office.

it wasn't what he asked him. It was how he asked him. It was embarrassing IMO. Next time let Sal ask the question so there could appear to be a shred of credibility. Simon knows who Brandon is and what is role is. The way he asked the questions should have recognized that Brandon has an agenda to deliver. The more you speak with a condescending, accusatory tone to a PR guy the less real info you will get. Imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think its Schwartz (sp) (also remembering Marrone brought him on)

This defense is punishing now. Literally stacking guys on carts all season. His Detroit teams had a similar swagger of playing on that edge. A bit undisciplined, but the payoff in this case is worth it.

Man 0 Man do I agree this this :thumbsup:

The Bills offense has been a tire fire all season except against the Jets 2x and Cleveland.

Thanks. Not nearly as contentious as I thought. One pretty awkward moment and the way It was handled by Simon was pretty lame.

Russ was on WGR this morning. He didn't know why the coach was even a question at this point. It was a pretty awkward interview tbh.

I'm in the same boat. How can the guy who has led the team to the first non-losing season in 10 years even be in jeopardy. Any time I mention to people that there are some Bills fans who want him fired they are blown away by it. Forget accepting mediocrity this has to do with Marrone restoring respectability.

At the beginning of the year there was a conversation on SVP and Rucillo (sp?) where they discussed who was worse off Oakland or Buffalo. SVP went on a long rant that it was Buffalo. 16 weeks later do you think that opinion has changed as one teams sits at 8-6 and the other at 2-12? Broadcasters were picking the Bills to win a game last week against the best team in the NFL. When was the last time that happened? Buffalo is no longer the game teams circle on their calendar as an easy win. I can't believe people want to replace the driving force behind that! I feel like I am going to have a NDBUFFCUSEfan style meltdown when discussing it :lol: .

it wasn't what he asked him. It was how he asked him. It was embarrassing IMO. Next time let Sal ask the question so there could appear to be a shred of credibility. Simon knows who Brandon is and what is role is. The way he asked the questions should have recognized that Brandon has an agenda to deliver. The more you speak with a condescending, accusatory tone to a PR guy the less real info you will get. Imo.

Absolutely true! It was like he threw out an ambush question to stun the marketing guy. And, then was condescending in response. I forget who said, "you can always tell charlatan because he doesn't give you one good reason, he gives you several". I'm surprised in a addition to questioning his fourth down decisions, he didn't throw in he has bad breath, kicks the dog and says obviously too much.

I think that we are reading a little too deep into this. Marrone certainly has changed the mentality of the players. The playcalling is certainly head scratching. Russ Brandon still (predictably) is a major power broker at OBD.

Yea, i think the Pegula's are waiting to see how the season plays out, and should the Bills win the next two games its a no brainer that everyone stays.

I think the Bills beating Brady, Belichick in New England would unsure the entire coaching staff stays intact. Russ Brandon still wields an extraordinary amount of power in the org considering his current job, JMHO.

A 9-7 season and things might not be so rosy, as at that point the Pegula's may or may not choose to bring in a consultant. This question is perhaps the make or break from Brandon