$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

If Trump paid no taxes or a low tax rate but followed the law in doing so does that make him a bad guy?

Not necessarily, just pointing out his hypocrisy, that's all. That's ok, isn't it?

I don't listen to people that either lie or make dumb ass claims.

I don't need to look it up. You're the one claiming he paid no taxes. So show the proof he paid none and explain how he was able to do that. I'm just asking you to back up your claim. You know...debate tactics.

But the claim is correct, CEO's are getting raises and most everyone else is not.

Then don't look it up and I'll not waste the time either

Not necessarily, just pointing out his hypocrisy, that's all. That's ok, isn't it?

But the claim is correct, CEO's are getting raises and most everyone else is not.

Then don't look it up and I'll not waste the time either

Oh now it's most everyone is not. Earlier you said no one is getting increases.

I have looked it up. I want to hear it from you. You know get your take on it seeing you brought it up.

Edited by Chef Jim

He weakened his point by looking at market, but the main thing was about wages. CEO pay increased, most everyone else's didn't

And yes there is evidence Trump paid no taxes. You look it up

Not sure what you are trying to get at here dumbass, but you made a statement that I simply refuted and I pointed out that you can't get anything right.

CEOs at the biggest companies got a 4.5 percent pay raise last year. That's almost double the typical American worker's, and a lot more than investors earned from owning their stocks — a big fat zero.

So investors earned nothing from owning stock

Nothing? Where did you read that?

:lol::lol: It's the first !@#$ing sentence of the article he posted too. You just can't make up comedy like this.

So further proof that you not only don't read the articles you post but the parts of the articles you cut and paste as part of your post. :wallbash:

:lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

Boston Globe Accidentally Reports That Raising the Minimum Wage Kills Jobs.

Many Americans are campaigning for a raise in the minimum wage. Even more Americans are struggling just to find jobs at any wage.

Yup -- those two news items are related.

While trying to present a case for the Massachusetts state legislature to approve a program that provides summer jobs to teens at non-profits and government agencies, an editorial at the Boston Globe accidentally explained why artificially imposed minimum wages kill job opportunities.

I don’t think the Globe even realized it, either:

The program provides money for YouthWorks, which pays the wages of 4,400 low-income teens in eligible cities who work for nonprofits or local government agencies in the summer. The Senate originally proposed the same funding amount as last year, $11.5 million.
Level-funding actually means 600 fewer positions, though, because of the rise in the state’s minimum-wage increase to $10 per hour this year and $11 per hour next year.

Maintaining the number of positions would take $13.34 million. But the compromise budget bill lawmakers filed Wednesday night included $10.2 million for the program, which translates into about
1,000 jobs lost

The editorial correctly notes that an increase in the minimum wage means anything with a set amount of funding for payroll will -- of course -- have to cut jobs.

In this case, a government-funded program with the same funding levels will be unable to hire nearly as many workers as it could before a state minimum wage increase kicked in.

This is also what happens in private business.

Business owners are left with no good choices other than cutting payroll. For businesses with minimum wage workers, that means layoffs or fewer new hires.

"But people can't live on minimum wage," they argue.

You know what's even harder to live on?

No wage.

• 1 month later...

Pizza worker in Seattle loves new $15/hour minimum wage until, well, you know...

Pizza shop worker Devin Jeran was excited about the raise that was coming his way thanks to Seattle’s new $15 an hour minimum wage law. Or at least he was until he found out that it would cost him his job.

Jeran will only see a bigger paycheck until August when his boss has to shut down her Z Pizza location, putting him and his 11 co-workers out of work, Q13 Fox reported.

He said that while the law was being discussed all he heard about was how the mandatory minimum wage increase would make life better for him, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

“If that’s the truth, I don’t think that’s very apparent. People like me are finding themselves in a tougher situation than ever,” he told the TV station.

Pizza worker in Seattle loves new $15/hour minimum wage until, well, you know...

I liked this part from the original article:

"The organization that pushed for the higher minimum wage, 15 Now Seattle, wouldn’t comment directly on the closing to Q13 and didn’t offer any sign of sympathy.

“Restaurants open and close all the time, for various reasons,” Director Jess Spear said."

So not only do they not know much about business, they don't care either. Nothing like a little audacity with your ignorance.

I was listening to a liberal talk radio program and he was talking about how kids in Oakland were being sent home from school for not having vaccines. He said people who don't understand science are afraid of it. I'll take conservatives that don't understand science over liberals that don't understand economics any day.

I was listening to a liberal talk radio program and he was talking about how kids in Oakland were being sent home from school for not having vaccines. He said people who don't understand science are afraid of it. I'll take conservatives that don't understand science over liberals that don't understand economics any day.

With the new populist right wing, you get the best of both worlds, they don't understand science or economics.

Funny how progressives want to blame the problems with health care on "Big Pharma," but the minute anyone questions vaccines that have been rushed to market through bribes, suddenly the problem is that people don't understand science.

Funny how progressives want to blame the problems with health care on "Big Pharma," but the minute anyone questions vaccines that have been rushed to market through bribes, suddenly the problem is that people don't understand science.

It was funny. I'd never heard this guy's radio show before. A couple of things that stuck out. He said that people that don't understand science don't like it so they don't like anything. So he accuses conservatives of being stupid. Oh so you're the smart one. Well they were interviewing a woman and he said "and here is this African American woman (what's her race have to do with it?) in her big SUV spewing fluorocarbons...." Fluorocarbons??? :doh:

I liked this part from the original article:

"The organization that pushed for the higher minimum wage, 15 Now Seattle, wouldn’t comment directly on the closing to Q13 and didn’t offer any sign of sympathy.

“Restaurants open and close all the time, for various reasons,” Director Jess Spear said."

So not only do they not know much about business, they don't care either. Nothing like a little audacity with your ignorance.

Well, you have to admit - that approach worked so well for Obamacare. It's a liberal strategy. They know what's best. Force it on the people. Sieg Heil! :ph34r:

• 4 months later...