$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Anyone that knows anything at all about economics knows that innovation has been displacing workers forever. Learn some history man. They will find other jobs

That's not what your overlords are preaching on the campaign trail.

Anyone that knows anything at all about economics knows that innovation has been displacing workers forever. Learn some history man. They will find other jobs

More magical jobs. They are going to appear out of thin air for the McDonalds cook who can't read.

Bad jobs report too.

The U.S. economy added the fewest number of jobs in seven months in April and Americans dropped out of the labor force in droves, signs of weakness that left economists anticipating only one interest rate hike from the Federal Reserve this year.

Nonfarm payrolls increased by 160,000 jobs last month as construction employment barely rose and the retail sector shed jobs for the first time since December 2014, the Labor Department said on Friday.

April's job gains were the smallest since September and below the first-quarter average job growth of 200,000. Adding to the report's soft tone, employers added 19,000 fewer jobs in February and March than previously reported.

More magical jobs. They are going to appear out of thin air for the McDonalds cook who can't read.

Continuing that line.... the magical jobs won't appear out of nowhere. Those magical jobs will appear overseas because of the NAFTA, TPP etc (that both the Dems and Repubs have pushed).

That's a long metrobus ride.

New topic: there is classic misdirection here. The crisis is not minimum wage. The crisis is lack of career jobs above minimum wage.

In other words: F--- the minimum, where are the stable medium wage jobs. That is the real problem.

Political lemmings need to stop being tricked by the minimum wage talk, and start asking why there aren't higher wage jobs.

When I was a dishwasher, MW was just that. Something to get you through.

Edited by boater

I'd bet the "dumi" experience beats the average fast food cashier experience.

15.00 an hour my ass.

The thing is with the $15 per hour "livable" wage is you really don't want it to be livable! No way you should settle in and be satiated and comfortable with that dead end position. The appropriate $8 per hour rate for non skilled no brain labor should be motivation to get a skill to be more in demand hence better pay!

The thing is with the $15 per hour "livable" wage is you really don't want it to be livable! No way you should settle in and be satiated and comfortable with that dead end position. The appropriate $8 per hour rate for non skilled no brain labor should be motivation to get a skill to be more in demand hence better pay!

Yes. The left has abandoned the idea that minimum wage jobs are for teens, part-time and other entry level workers (or those just looking for something to do). In their week economy these jobs now have to pay a better wage which of course earns them more votes with other people's money. It's another faux issue aimed to distract the electorate from the big 5: Debt and deficits, underfunded entitlements, immigration, economic growth and national security.

Continuing that line.... the magical jobs won't appear out of nowhere. Those magical jobs will appear overseas because of the NAFTA, TPP etc (that both the Dems and Repubs have pushed).

That's a long metrobus ride.

New topic: there is classic misdirection here. The crisis is not minimum wage. The crisis is lack of career jobs above minimum wage.

In other words: F--- the minimum, where are the stable medium wage jobs. That is the real problem.

Political lemmings need to stop being tricked by the minimum wage talk, and start asking why there aren't higher wage jobs.

When I was a dishwasher, MW was just that. Something to get you through.

I don't know but until we figure it out, let's generate more 'revenue' by raising taxes on corporations and the people who invest in small businesses.

/The Left

I don't know but until we figure it out, let's generate more 'revenue' by raising taxes on corporations and the people who invest in small businesses.

/The Left

And let's not forget gatorman's economics lesson: if all companies are forced to pay $15/hour, there will be greater demand for their product, and their revenue will increase so they can afford to pay the higher wage!

I don't know why EVERYONE doesn't increase payroll!

And let's not forget gatorman's economics lesson: if all companies are forced to pay $15/hour, there will be greater demand for their product, and their revenue will increase so they can afford to pay the higher wage!

Yes and higher payrolls mean more tax revenue to the government. By gosh we can solve so many problems if we just double everyone's pay.

This is why capitalism and left wing politics work so well together. Consumer need money to spend. Conservatives hate that fact, but that's how it goes

And why stop at $15? Wouldn't it be twice as awesome if it were $30?