$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Raise the price of something and demand goes down. When demand goes down so does the need for labor. What part of that don't you understand?

They will still need labor. The higher wages will INCREASE demand for other goods and services so labor might actually increase because of this. Understand that?

Raise the price of something and demand goes down. When demand goes down so does the need for labor. What part of that don't you understand?

Ah, that sinking feeling when you find yourself arguing seriously with gator boy. Remember this moment so that you can avoid it in the future.

Don't feed the troll

Don't feed the troll

Yes, because I derail threads! You are such a loser. You and 3rdthing. Hypocrite losers.

You are too stupid to compete so you are trying to create an unnatural monopoly in order to compete.

Ah, that sinking feeling when you find yourself arguing seriously with gator boy. Remember this moment so that you can avoid it in the future.

Derail the thread?

Yes, because I derail threads! You are such a loser. You and 3rdthing. Hypocrite losers.

You are too stupid to compete so you are trying to create an unnatural monopoly in order to compete.

Derail the thread?

If you come to message boards to "compete'

then you are the loser.

Derail the thread?

The effect on demand from higher prices has been explained to you repeatedly over the last three years. Yet you come back with the same drivel, troll.

The effect on demand from higher prices has been explained to you repeatedly over the last three years. Yet you come back with the same drivel, troll.

And that's it, case closed? No, my mind is not a closed book, I understand that economics is a dynamic field and there are many ways these things can play out. Increased buying power vs Increased costs. With wages having been lagging for so long its time to give America a raise.

Don't feed the troll. :rolleyes:

Stop derailing threads! You calling someone else a troll is a treat. Scumbag

It's amazing to me that you're not a YUUUUGE Donald Trump fan because you sound just like him! SAD!

It's amazing to me that you're not a YUUUUGE Donald Trump fan because you sound just like him! SAD!

Ladies and gentleman, yet another thread derailment attempt by one of the idiots screaming the loudest about it.

What a POS

Ladies and gentleman, yet another thread derailment attempt by one of the idiots screaming the loudest about it.

What a POS

Changing names and multiple identities won't change the fact that you are nothing but a detraction from any conversation in which you take part. The fact that most people voted to not ban you hasn't given you pause, but instead has done the opposite - it's only served to embolden you to ramp up the stupidity and screw up conversations even more than before. Given the history of identities you've had over the years, you have a long history of adding nothing except a lengthy string of reminders that you are nothing but a troll, and a bad one at that.

Changing names and multiple identities won't change the fact that you are nothing but a detraction from any conversation in which you take part. The fact that most people voted to not ban you hasn't given you pause, but instead has done the opposite - it's only served to embolden you to ramp up the stupidity and screw up conversations even more than before. Given the history of identities you've had over the years, you have a long history of adding nothing except a lengthy string of reminders that you are nothing but a troll, and a bad one at that.

This is just stupid. I was on topic, you guys are derailing this thread. I changed my name cause I wanted a new one. No secret about it. You are a joke

Random, pre-coffee musing: Is it possible that a hike to $15 dollars minimum wage is what a lot of large companies want (not all of course, not even the majority)? Not because they intend to pay that, but because it will give them an excuse to automate a large percentage of their lower paid positions without suffering as big a hit in PR?

Anyway, back to the topic:

The CBO has said a federal minimum increase to over $10 an hour would destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs, but that would be mostly in lower costs area of the economy. So Seattle raising the rate would be different because it is not a low cost area. A Federal rate at $15 would not work, and NYS might not work either. We'll see.

Random, pre-coffee musing: Is it possible that a hike to $15 dollars minimum wage is what a lot of large companies want (not all of course, not even the majority)? Not because they intend to pay that, but because it will give them an excuse to automate a large percentage of their lower paid positions without suffering as big a hit in PR?

There are companies already doing that.

Anyway, back to the topic:

The CBO has said a federal minimum increase to over $10 an hour would destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs, but that would be mostly in lower costs area of the economy. So Seattle raising the rate would be different because it is not a low cost area. A Federal rate at $15 would not work, and NYS might not work either. We'll see.

There are companies already doing that.

Did you really just confuse "lower-cost areas of the economy" with "lower-cost areas of the country?" :doh:

I think it's becoming clearer by the day that federal one-size-fits-all mandates are impractical and nonsensical. I know it gets old hearing conservatives push for states rights solutions, but if you really think about it, makes a whole lot more sense. If the federal government wants to get involved and push the country a certain direction, they shouldn't do it through these mandates, but more so with a carrot and stick approach through incentives.

Edited by Magox

I think it's becoming clearer by the day that federal one-size-fits-all mandates are impractical and nonsensical. I know it gets old hearing conservatives push for states rights solutions, but if you really think about it, makes a whole lot more sense. If the federal government wants to get involved and push the country a certain direction, they shouldn't do it through these mandates, but more so with a carrot and stick approach through incentives.

But they want it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.