$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Way to understand the big picture, idiot.

Perhaps it would be best if Barry issued an EO to make minimum wage $15 right now so his party could reap the rewards of that decision for the next two years.

I'd be on board for that as long as it was called the Democratic Party-Only Executive Order Minimum Wage Hike of 2014.

Way to understand the big picture, idiot.

Big picture? Technology eliminates jobs, that's news you d-bag! :doh:

I have a question for you. :o Where is the money going to come from to pay this increased wages?

There isn't enough money for pay increases anymore??? Oh no!

Or do you mean that every reform isn't a perfect, perfect solution without any side effects? Wow!

Yes, idiot and if you keep artificially raising the labor cost, you are lowering the threshold cost of introducing the technology that displaces human labor.

Way to fight for the working man, idiot.

BTW, you may want to send that message to your leader and the rest of the progressives, who can't send enough likes to the tech industry who keep automating the minimum wage earners out of their jobs.

Forward!

Edited by GG

That's the funny part. The "rich" don't often frequent the fast food joints and low end retail that this would affect the most.

Your dumb. People with employees have plenty of money. Small businesses are almost always flush with cash. Instead of giving valuable, skilled, hard working employees a fair wage they use that money to pay for rich CEOs to go on lavish vacations, buy Ferraris, and eat caviar.

Having never run a successful business I can tell you this is how it works because my professor at college who never ran a business either told me.

There isn't enough money for pay increases anymore??? Oh no!

Or do you mean that every reform isn't a perfect, perfect solution without any side effects? Wow!

There are reforms that are not perfect and others that have disastrous side effects that will hurt those they were designed to help the most and this is a perfect example of such reform.

Your dumb. People with employees have plenty of money. Small businesses are almost always flush with cash. Instead of giving valuable, skilled, hard working employees a fair wage they use that money to pay for rich CEOs to go on lavish vacations, buy Ferraris, and eat caviar.

Having never run a successful business I can tell you this is how it works because my professor at college who never ran a business either told me.

And I love arguing with those all for the $15 minimum wage as if they know more about it than I do. Having spent 25 years working with many of those minimum wage people in a labor intensive industry increased labor cost is a huge problem. Restaurants don't have rich CEO's to "take" the money from.

I don't know why anyone would start up a business. Especially here in Cali. Now if the unintended consequence of a absurd $15 minimum wage is a accelerated conversion to automation to replace my fuggin un greatfull, no give a shite employees who all have short memories what we have done for them and take everything for granted eventually including gas cards, xmas bonuses we really can't afford, it just may be worth it. Sorry for the rant.

Small businesses are almost always flush with cash. Instead of giving valuable, skilled, hard working employees a fair wage they use that money to pay for rich CEOs to go on lavish vacations, buy Ferraris, and eat caviar.

It's true. I own a small business, and when I'm not posting here, I'm rolling around in piles of century notes.

I don't know why anyone would start up a business. Especially here in Cali.

I started it because I got tired of climbing ladders only to get to the upper rung and find myself still laying awake in the middle of the night, anxious, worried and stressed out about decisions being made by others that directly affected my job. My income was amazing, but I just hated my life as a whole.

Now my income is so-so but I have all the time I need to focus on the things that truly matter to me, and as it turns out, making a schitload of money and having "things" is WAY down that list.

I don't suppose that it's ever occurred to you that technology actually reduces the need for laborers but increases the need for better paying, technical jobs to maintain the automation?

:lol:

Yes, idiot and if you keep artificially raising the labor cost, you are lowering the threshold cost of introducing the technology that displaces human labor.

Way to fight for the working man, idiot.

BTW, you may want to send that message to your leader and the rest of the progressives, who can't send enough likes to the tech industry who keep automating the minimum wage earners out of their jobs.

Forward!

Wait a second there Poindexter, won't the capitalist economy simply create other jobs? I thought that displacement of labor was only a transition. And since the minimum wage will apply to those new jobs its all a win win

There are reforms that are not perfect and others that have disastrous side effects that will hurt those they were designed to help the most and this is a perfect example of such reform.

Oh, this will be a disaster, ummm, ok :thumbsup:

You are a moron

Wait a second there Poindexter, won't the capitalist economy simply create other jobs? I thought that displacement of labor was only a transition. And since the minimum wage will apply to those new jobs its all a win win

Oh, this will be a disaster, ummm, ok :thumbsup:

You are a moron

Your wife sucks BBC for crack.