The 6-10 Era Ends!

We finish 8-8 and I'm doing the happy dance. I want a home playoff game obviously, but 8 wins for the 1st time since 2004 would OK.

I just want the team to be playing relevant games deep into December. So far the next two weeks the Bills will be playing relevant games. Not that bad but they need to take one of the next two to be playing relevant beyond the next two weeks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finish 8-8 and I'm doing the happy dance. I want a home playoff game obviously, but 8 wins for the 1st time since 2004 would OK.

8-8 with EJ, I'd be slightly disappointed but can see progression. 8-8 with Orton should get people fired. It's a bad joke. He was supposed to be an upgrade. Getting to .500 with a 10th year .500 qb when we had a 2nd year one who was .500 is pathetic.

And we'll trick ourselves into settling for a below average qb next year. 8-8 is not good enough, especially when it's your defense that is winning every game for you.

I want to be happy but we are spinning out wheels and wasting a SB caliber defense.

8-8 with EJ, I'd be slightly disappointed but can see progression. 8-8 with Orton should get people fired. It's a bad joke. He was supposed to be an upgrade. Getting to .500 with a 10th year .500 qb when we had a 2nd year one who was .500 is pathetic.

And we'll trick ourselves into settling for a below average qb next year. 8-8 is not good enough, especially when it's your defense that is winning every game for you.

I want to be happy but we are spinning out wheels and wasting a SB caliber defense.

Testify Brother Biscuit. Orton looked like crap AGAIN. The run game looked like it always does....BAD. It kills me with how good this D could be with a top 15 offense. TOP EFFING 15!!!! 8-8 is a JOKE. And going into next year with Orton as the starter would be the cruelest joke of all!!!! UGG!!! Have some damned self respect Buffalo.

You can play that hypothetical, but highly unlikely that EJ wins the Lions and Viking games.

except that you dont get to 8-8 with EJ so then what would that be oh thats write the same ol same .

We haven't been to 8-8 in 10 years and the fact that we could get there and you would consider it pathetic is what is actually pathetic .

@ESPNStatsInfo: Bills: 7 wins for 1st time since 2008, 7-5 is best 12-game start since 2000

I think everyone knows we have sucked for a looong time....

Seeing this really puts it into perspective...

The plus side is there is a ton of cap room for us especially if the caps has a big jump...we should be able to take another big step and fill most other holes. Unfortunately QB will still be an issue

Yeah, but with a tight Defense and an adequate offense, and no 1st round pick, . . . we can take a QB in the 2nd round without being ridiculed. And rinse and repeat until we get to the SuperBowl in 2023 or so.

You can play that hypothetical, but highly unlikely that EJ wins the Lions and Viking games.

Perhaps that's true, but who knows? Perhaps they win a game or two that the Orton led offense helped to lose. People love to act like EJ was the worst QB ever when he really wasn't. Orton has had a few good games but other than those he hasn't looked like much of an upgrade.

The bottom line is that 8-8 doesn't get the Bills in the playoffs. EJ could have managed missing the playoffs too while getting the experience he needs. The change to Orton was a "playoffs or bust" move and if they don't make the playoffs, well, that's a bust.

This team needs to win 3 of the next 4 and make this conversation moot. With this D it's possible.

Your hatred of Orton is getting tiresome. Post after post over and over. Get over it EJ is on the bench.

Your hatred of Orton is getting tiresome. Post after post over and over. Get over it EJ is on the bench.

For some reason he doesn't seem to get how handicapped EJ was with such an inferior offensive staff this year. Orton, while not great in any aspect.... he is veteran enough to read the defenses, set the line protections like Fitz used to do, and change the play if needed. Listening to EJ, and what he has learned from Orton so far is compelling enough evidence to realize that benching EJ was the best thing that could happen for everyone. EJ is learning far more by watching Orton then he ever did at the hands of Hackett's moronic play calling.

Orton sets the offensive plays he wants to run in the film room, and takes command of the offense in every area. If there is a failure along the way, its that no QB can do it all by himself, and needs more support then some baboon continuously calling pass plays against a better pass defense then run defense. Even against Cleveland who had the 9th ranked pass defense, and twenty something run defense Hackett had Orton come out throwing.

Kyle Orton is not the bigger issue with the team, its the very bad interior O line, and poor offensive coaching. Still, the team is 7-5 and has a shot to get better as the season progresses. We can only hope.