A Very Sad Story About Darryl Talley

norton20

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn that sucks. I wonder if it would have done him some good to reside in Buffalo. I truly believe the way we have treated our favorite players from years past lifts their spirits and makes them feel relevant, which sometimes seems to be one of the issues with sports retirement.

I met Mr. Talley when at a Golf event in Orlando.

We sat at last two stools at the bar the bar for 45 minutes - he was sharing stories with me and I was totally in awe. As I left - I felt I was in Heaven meeting one of my football idols from the Great Teams I watched weekly and read about daily.

His character was a both Genuine and humble. He even had shared his cell# and I would text him for a couple years after we met (I did not over do it - just a funny text, a picture of the Home crowd, and recently when Andre made the Hall. He would always reply in a great way. I lost my phone in April and losing Pictures on the phone was awful-and it also stung losing the cell # of #56. ( I know I should have backed it up -never thought I'd lose it) but my point is - you hear how sometimes Star Players are awful in person - Mr. Talley was Awesome!

It's hard to even comment here. I can't say I'm surprised. Yes, I am surprised that it is hitting Talley, a bit, but not that this is happening.

Yuck. Especially at Thanksgiving, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Matt in KC

Really depressing read. Darryl Talley embodied the never quit attitude that made those 90's Bills teams great. A shame to think that CTE might get the better of him. Stay strong Spiderman! When you feel down, remember that #BillsMafia will always be with you. All the best to you and yours Darryl Talley. Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

We need to do something...set up a fund for him where Bills fans can donate...this isn't right. It shouldn't be like this for these players.

I am hoping this article spurs the team to do something. I understand they might be concerned about setting negative precedent, but given talley's current state, they should consider some kind financial assistance.

Can't imagine falling in love with a city and a team and putting your life and body out there for them, and then being completely betrayed by that team's Front Office. He obviously just wanted to retire a Bill and be with the team for as long as he could, and they wouldn't let him, even with all the spirit and leadership he could have brought with him.

It's heartbreaking