Global warming err Climate change HOAX

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They don't understand that.  I've lived he CA for nearly 40 years and have had no need for a lawn mower.  

Yes they save you money.  

...isn't there some reluctance from your power company to buy back excess energy from your solar system?......

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...isn't there some reluctance from your power company to buy back excess energy from your solar system?......

I have no idea. And which part of your solar system?  Uranus?  

Sorry. I couldn’t resist. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

yeah but... i would be truly impressed if you had them on your electric sno-blower.

yep, i have a net zero system myself. on a yearly basis, it provides all of my household electrical needs. unlike you however, i am only 4 years into the system that is expected to last 25 years minimum.

with all of the rebates and incentives is was able to garner for the system and install, in two more years i will have recouped my out of pocket expenses, 100%. after that is when they payoff really kicks in. especially when you consider that it is forecast that energy prices are expected to rise 50% by the end of the next decade.

What I think is really cool is when you charge your electric vehicle with your solar. ??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

They aren’t really buying back power from me. The system makes what I need. At the end of each calendar year I make a single payment for any excess that Ive used. I just got that bill this week. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

They aren’t really buying back power from me. The system makes what I need. At the end of each calendar year I make a single payment for any excess that Ive used. I just got that bill this week. 

California's so backwards in some ways.  In my state, they tax the rain, and starting next year will fine you for taking care of your lawn...and fine you for not taking care of it.

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have no idea. And which part of your solar system?  Uranus?  

Sorry. I couldn’t resist. 

What I think is really cool is when you charge your electric vehicle with your solar. ??

...some of THEM right here right now and they ain't solar...........

here in NY, with a hybrid, grid tied setup, any excess power generated by your system that is fed back into the grid, gets dumped into the ground. the way the systems are set up, they can't really handle back feeds as it could quite possibly overload the transformers which would cause them to explode and possibly cause widespread outages.

Edited by Foxx

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

...I'm probably wrong but I thought a neighbor contemplating solar was hung up on local power company buying back excess or something like that....sorry for confusion bud........

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Good for you.  I burn my lights 24/7, use my smoker constantly and run my car every day all day because it sounds cool!  I'm just wondering if @Tiberius is part of the solution that he's says the Republicans are not.  

That's all swell, but do your cows fart?

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good, so can we now sue NYS for wasteful negligent use of taxpayer money in this suit? And oh, for using fossil fuels themselves for so many years.... Wondering aloud if all NY state owned vehicles are now electric and equipped with solar chargers since any power plants are fueled by fossil fuels.

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Just curious: Do you think humans are helping the ozone recovery by changing their actions?

Think before posting!

Show me a poster who's argued that human behavior shouldn't change regarding climate or energy.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Just curious: Do you think humans are helping the ozone recovery by changing their actions?

Think before posting!

So, you mean to say that the hole is closing without the help of humans? Doesn't that mean it could increase in size without the help of humans also? A bit of advice counselor, never ask a question without knowing the answer.