Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, John Adams said:

Yes. Her opinion is one shared by many informed people, including people far smarter that her, or you. 

It's not my agenda, as you'll note I rarely venture into this thread, but of course she's being used. She caught fire. 

I'd say her experiences in the last year are more valuable to her life than a year in class that she can make up. 

You'd better hurry.  The turnip truck is getting away.  You can fix your skinned knee after you hop back on.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

Greta's manifesto:

Why We Strike Again

I've always wondered about this sort of political activism. How many people are significantly affected by protestors locked in arms and blocking streets? How many people die on the way to the hospital seeking treatment for heart attacks or other medical emergencies?  How many victims of a stroke are disabled as a result of the additional time required to reach the hospital or the time it takes first responders to get to them?  Choking victims, victims of assault, people who require oxygen and so on. Then wonder...if faced with some Heidi-looking mo'fos standing between me and the emergency room with a loved one in peril...what might I do?  

I agree that Trump should largely ignore this 11 year old anarchist, call out the civil unrest and anarchy-in-the-streets her ilk sells, and the impact on freedom loving people everywhere just trying to get to work and take care of her families.  Compare them to the weather underground, perhaps share some stories on people impacted by these street blockades, and let people make up their own minds.

I would think that many people could look at this young lady and decide she's unhinged all on their own. I think if left alone, it won't be all that long until she gets back to being the featured villain in a Stephen King movie. 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I've always wondered about this sort of political activism. How many people are significantly affected by protestors locked in arms and blocking streets? How many people die on the way to the hospital seeking treatment for heart attacks or other medical emergencies?  How many victims of a stroke are disabled as a result of the additional time required to reach the hospital or the time it takes first responders to get to them?  Choking victims, victims of assault, people who require oxygen and so on. Then wonder...if faced with some Heidi-looking mo'fos standing between me and the emergency room with a loved one in peril...what might I do?  

I agree that Trump should largely ignore this 11 year old anarchist, call out the civil unrest and anarchy-in-the-streets her ilk sells, and the impact on freedom loving people everywhere just trying to get to work and take care of her families.  Compare them to the weather underground, perhaps share some stories on people impacted by these street blockades, and let people make up their own minds.

I would think that many people could look at this young lady and decide she's unhinged all on their own. I think if left alone, it won't be all that long until she gets back to being the featured villain in a Stephen King movie. 

I look at her and see this:

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1

Why is a 16 year old girl with ADD who has no formal expertise in physics, biology or any other science being given so much airtime and audiences from world leaders?

Truly mind boggling.

Our beloved Donald has every right to call out her bull#### and antagonise her and others like her when the opportunity presents itself.

She is nothing but an annoying, attention seeking brat. And her parents are no better than child abusers.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Why is a 16 year old girl with ADD who has no formal expertise in physics, biology or any other science being given so much airtime and audiences from world leaders?

Truly mind boggling.

i thought it was fetal alcohol syndrome, i guess that was a jest or irony where i read it...

46 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Truly mind boggling.

Our beloved Donald has every right to call out her bull#### and antagonise her and others like her when the opportunity presents itself.

She is nothing but an annoying, attention seeking brat. And her parents are no better than child abusers.

Because that's what I want my president thinking about. Trolling kids. And she has Asperger's Syndrome, not ADD. 

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i thought it was fetal alcohol syndrome, i guess that was a jest or irony  classless where i read it...

And you probably read it here. 

6 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Because that's what I want my president thinking about. Trolling kids. And she has Asperger's Syndrome, not ADD. 

And you probably read it here. 

She has become the spokesperson for the Green New Deal people. Trump gently knocked her and the movement. If a person does not have TDS then it's no big deal. Think about it, what does her position matter in comparison to the direction the whole world may take? 

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Because that's what I want my president thinking about. Trolling kids. And she has Asperger's Syndrome, not ADD. ...

what you fail to see is that she is a spokesperson for a movement. what Trump did was to attack the movement. had she not positioned herself to be at the forefront of that political ideology, i doubt she would have been targeted. it's really not that hard to see/understand.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

She has become the spokesperson for the Green New Deal people. Trump gently knocked her and the movement. If a person does not have TDS then it's no big deal. Think about it, what does her position matter in comparison to the direction the whole world may take? 

Trump knows how to rattle those with a two-foot long stick up their behinds

YES, WE KNOW: 

No One Actually Believes the Global Warming Hype.

In polite society, we are required to pretend that the Earth faces an existential crisis because of increasing levels of atmospheric CO2; that global warming will destroy the planet, that the oceans will rise and storms will batter the sea coasts; that fossil fuels are the devil’s spawn, and in a short time–by 2050, say–all civilized societies will have banned their use, and we will be living in a solar- and wind-powered Nirvana.

But does anyone over the age of 16 actually believe this nonsense? I doubt it. A case in point is Saudi Arabia’s sale of five percent of Aramco, the world’s largest oil company. The London Times reports:

Saudi Aramco has become the world’s first $2 trillion company as shares in the oil giant rose again on its second day of trading.

$2 trillion is the implied market value based on the revenue generated by selling five percent.

The valuation puts Aramco well ahead of the next biggest listed company, Apple, which became the world’s first $1 trillion company last year and is now worth about $1.2 trillion.

Saudi Aramco is the world’s biggest oil company and generated net income of $111 billion last year.

So the price to earnings ratio is around 18 to 1, which is about average in today’s booming stock market.

Analysts debate the $2 trillion valuation:

International analysts remained sceptical over its valuation. Bernstein Research, one of the few banks to publish research on Aramco, formally initiated coverage last night with an “underperform” rating, describing it as “too much, too soon”.

The analysts reiterated their belief that the company was worth only $1.36 trillion and “should trade at a discount rather than premium to international oil majors” given the corporate governance risks arising from the kingdom’s continued ownership of more than 98 per cent of the shares.

But the point is obvious: if investors seriously believed that the world is going to abandon fossil fuels, starting now and concluding circa 2050 (or whatever), they wouldn’t be interested in paying top dollar for Aramco shares. Or, perhaps, paying much of anything.

The Wall Street Journal’s liberal news operation comments on the Aramco IPO:

Can an oil-and-gas company count as a sustainable or ethical investment? In Saudi Aramco’s case, the obvious question of its carbon emissions may not even be the main problem for the increasing numbers of investors who focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria.

Aramco supplies one-eighth of the world’s oil and has sidelines in gas, chemicals and other petroleum products. These carbon-producing products are exactly what the world—except the U.S.—has committed to cut back on as part of the Paris accord.

Commitments aside, the U.S. has actually reduced its CO2 emissions more than any other country, as a result of fracking. But the point is that investors don’t seem to take the world’s “commitments” seriously.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

what you fail to see is that she is a spokesperson for a movement. what Trump did was to attack the movement. had she not positioned herself to be at the forefront of that political ideology, i doubt she would have been targeted. it's really not that hard to see/understand.

You're too funny. I wonder what action Trump could take that you would think was unworthy of the president of the United States. 

8 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You're too funny. I wonder what action Trump could take that you would think was unworthy of the president of the United States. 

why am i not surprised that you, once again/as always, create a strawman and attempt to move the goal posts instead of dealing with the contents of the post at hand.

i was going compliment you earlier today for not being as much of a feck, of late, as your history shows you to be. i thought you were honestly trying to do/be better. alas, you have yet again proven that those are nothing more than fleeting moments. it really is too bad because i do think you to be somewhat intelligent and having an honest discussion not only benefits the participants but those around the periphery. glad i held my praise.

do better, i have faith you can stretch these fleeting moments into longer stretches.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Foxx said:

why am i not surprised that you, once again/as always, create a strawman and attempt to move the goal posts instead of dealing with the contents of the post at hand.

i was going compliment you earlier today for not being as much of a feck, of late, as your history shows you to be. i thought you were honestly trying to do/be better. alas, you have yet again proven that those are nothing more than fleeting moments. it really is too bad because i do think you to be somewhat intelligent and having an honest discussion not only benefits the participants but those around the periphery. glad i held my praise.

do better, i have faith you can stretch these fleeting moments into longer stretches.

I take positions for and against Trump. 

Never seen you take a position critical of him. 

Just sayin'.