Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So UB would be an option, right? I know it only holds about 30k though and they would lose money from refunding and probably don't want to do that if at all possible.

I could see them holding practices at UB, if the players can get there. Not the game.

Who foots the bill? Bills or Erie County?

I would imagine it's the Bills. They're bringing in equipment from outside of the Buffalo area to help with the clearing effort. That should be on the Bills' dime as the County has enough to worry about with regard to allocating resources to the clean up of snow in other areas.

We got 65" here in Lancaster, and are expecting another 3-5" from the next storm system followed by up to an additional 2 feet tomorrow...

Enough is enough!!

You have my sincere sympathies and good wishes. No kidding around. No sarcasm. I hope this next batch isn't as significant. Stay safe. You are dealing with an event almost unprecedented in the United States. This too shall pass, Hang in there.

@NYGovCuomo

Travel bans are in effect in Lancaster, West Seneca, South Buffalo, Cheektowaga and Hamburg. Driving for any reason is prohibited.

Cuomo just had press conference. Wow did he stick his foot in his mouth about the thruway situation.

Edited by dhg

@NYGovCuomo

Travel bans are in effect in Lancaster, West Seneca, South Buffalo, Cheektowaga and Hamburg. Driving for any reason is prohibited.

Mofo better watch out when 9,000lbs. of Carolina come headed that way this weekend.

Redneck truck + Yankee driver = bring it.

Cuomo just had press conference. Wow did he stick his foot in his mouth about the thruway situation.

What'd he say?

Basically, Cuomo said that the Thruway was closed to traffic with plenty of time and the people stuck on it were breaking the law. Said all the entrances have gates and people drove around the gates to enter the thruway. Polancarz had to step in to try and save him. WGRZ was ripping him and apparently the responses to it on social media were pretty quick to come out also laying in to what he had to say.

I will see if I can find a link.

I'm in Lancaster, we have at least 5 feet of snow, still snowing and no relief in sight...

The band was supposed to shift south starting around 4pm but has shown no movement at all and now is expected to stay put potential all night dropping another 10-15" inches...then tomorrow a storm system comes through dropping a general 3-5" all over the Niagara Frontier, followed by a lake snow warning starting at 11pm thru 1am Friday for an additional 2 feet of snow possible...

This is some crazy ****!! Most snow I've ever seen at one time, and I was here for the 7 feet in 5 days event

Here is a pic of my driveway around 3:30pm...that huge blob is snow piled up on my car and there was about a 6 foot drift from the back of my car all the way to the street...

lotsofsnow_zpsff58fe5a.jpg

This is incredible, I can't imagine seeing that much snow outside my front door. I hope you and your family stay warm and safe...