Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting here in Virgina watching the news my wife from Philly asked me how people deal with 5 feet of snow. I told her that they just do - wishing all of you still in WNY the best this week...Has the NFL ever canceled or delayed a game due to snow?

Couple years ago philly played Minnesota on a Tuesday night because of snow

I'm in Lancaster, we have at least 5 feet of snow, still snowing and no relief in sight...

The band was supposed to shift south starting around 4pm but has shown no movement at all and now is expected to stay put potential all night dropping another 10-15" inches...then tomorrow a storm system comes through dropping a general 3-5" all over the Niagara Frontier, followed by a lake snow warning starting at 11pm thru 1am Friday for an additional 2 feet of snow possible...

This is some crazy ****!! Most snow I've ever seen at one time, and I was here for the 7 feet in 5 days event

Here is a pic of my driveway around 3:30pm...that huge blob is snow piled up on my car and there was about a 6 foot drift from the back of my car all the way to the street...

lotsofsnow_zpsff58fe5a.jpg

Edited by matter2003

Buffalo Bills' Dan Carpenter bails out snowbound neighbors: http://www.foxsports...eighbors-111814

The weather outside was frightful. For Roy and Lorraine Noble, having Buffalo Bills kicker Dan Carpenter as a neighbor proved delightful during Tuesday's snowpocalypse.

The storm -- which was expected to bring more than six feet of snow to areas in the Buffalo, New York, region -- left many people stranded. Roy and Lorraine Noble, 88 and 87 respectively, called the Buffalo News after their kicker neighbor in Orchard Park's Brompton Heights section bailed them out.

Thunder snow sounds freaky bad. Never heard of it, but I'd like to see it once.

Thunder sleet is what we get in OK. Just last sunday, actually. We've had a few thunder snows too. It's way cool.

Thunder snow sounds freaky bad. Never heard of it, but I'd like to see it once.

Thunder sleet is what we get in OK. Just last sunday, actually. We've had a few thunder snows too. It's way cool.

I'd love to be there to see it! I sat through a Bengals game at the Rockpile where we could rarely see the game. We had a blast. I would watch a high school game in that kind of weather. Winter was never too severe, but it was always too long.

70,000 people stuck at the stadium would stink. Literally. The Superdome didn't do well after a hurricane, and they had a roof. As long as they didn't cut off beer sales or run out, Bills fans might get by.

The only snow game I have been to was the 8-0 loss to Cleveland....it was the end of that years playoff run...ouch. But, it was crazy, couldn't see past 30 yards. How did Dawson kick a fifty harder I don't know! The tailgate was awesome too in that weather and Cleveland fans were pretty welcoming. The experience minus the loss was awesome. However, I will never go to another snow game again. One was enough for me.

@SI_PeterKing: Buffalo update 1:

Orchard Park got 4 ft of snow Tues. Doug Marrone couldn't get to work. Helped stranded motorists dig out most of day.

@SI_PeterKing: Buffalo update 2:

Forecast for between 1.5 to 3 feet more snow Thurs. Crews have already dug out 220,000 TONS of snow on stadium property.

The Bills will be hiring multitudes to shovel out the stadium come Friday......$8/hr and lots of fresh air......and, with the way tickets are selling, maybe they will give all the shovelers tickets for the Jets game as well.

That's always been the unspoken bonus: free tickets

It's how I got to go to the KC AFCC game in '94. But it's miserable work.

Sabers have listed "Patrick Kaleta (snow) out." He's the only one that can't make it in.

That's the best thing I've seen since "Rob Johnson (ass) doubtful."

Nolan probably told Patty "We're good. No need to risk getting here."

So what will they do about the game? According to what I've been able to glean from the twitter verse, it appears to be the League's call whether to move the game time or location.

Wouldn't it be some supreme irony if we DID end up playing a game in Toronto this year?