Southtowns (and the Ralph) getting a s***load of snow

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how they would even attempt to play today. This is insane.

I'd love to be there to see it! I sat through a Bengals game at the Rockpile where we could rarely see the game. We had a blast. I would watch a high school game in that kind of weather. Winter was never too severe, but it was always too long.

70,000 people stuck at the stadium would stink. Literally. The Superdome didn't do well after a hurricane, and they had a roof. As long as they didn't cut off beer sales or run out, Bills fans might get by.

Sitting here in Virgina watching the news my wife from Philly asked me how people deal with 5 feet of snow. I told her that they just do - wishing all of you still in WNY the best this week...Has the NFL ever canceled or delayed a game due to snow?

Really wish this snow was happening during a game, that'd be fun to watch.... from many miles away in the comfort of my own home. :D

I would love to see a game in this weather! I chose the Nov 30 Cleveland game to make a trip- I am hoping for a blizzard for that game!

I live pretty close to the stadium and its been going nonstop all day. We had one inch at halftime of MNF game, and there is probably four feet on the ground now. It's incredible. The stadium should be ok, but parking is probably going to be limited. There is just no place to put this stuff. I've lived in the south towns for 35 years and I've never seen anything like this.

I live pretty close to the stadium and its been going nonstop all day. We had one inch at halftime of MNF game, and there is probably four feet on the ground now. It's incredible. The stadium should be ok, but parking is probably tor tragoing to be limited. There is just no place to put this stuff. I've lived in the south towns for 35 years and I've never seen anything like this.

Rookie! 57 years here and I have seen it worst. After the storm of 77 the snow was so deep we were walking on top of the cabs of tractor trailers on Abbott Road in front of One Bills Drive. Over to ECC South and jumping (2stories) off the roof in to the snow banks! They brought in a large payload to remove the snow which sometimes contain a car on Abbott road.

It's all fun in the snow but the fact is, the team isn't practicing are they?!? That's not good. It's the NFL. The team that practices usually wins. It's not like we're miles ahead of the Jets. +6 turovers ain't gonna happen again.

This is very true, I didnt even think of that

Rookie! 57 years here and I have seen it worst. After the storm of 77 the snow was so deep we were walking on top of the cabs of tractor trailers on Abbott Road in front of One Bills Drive. Over to ECC South and jumping (2stories) off the roof in to the snow banks! They brought in a large payload to remove the snow which sometimes contain a car on Abbott road.

Those were good times

Ha! I jumped off the peak of a garage roof into a snowdrift that, unbeknownst to me, had a Volkswagon Beatle buried in it that belonged to Bob Kaufman (remember him with the Braves?). Oops! He used to drive it for kicks, but I think his head was out the sunroof. Looked like a Shriners gig. Zoo animals walked over the fences across the drifts. (Sadly, a lot died too.) Missed 3 weeks of school we didn't have to make up, as I recall. We have pictures of me talking to a neighbor face to face, then zoom out and realize he's inside on the second floor and I'm standing in the snow.

It must be pretty localized as a webcam from Elmwood Ave just has a light covering on the ground.

Just a toip to everyone who has furnace cents close to the ground. Keep them clear. Normally this isn't an issue bc normally we don't have this much snow.

Pete, I've been to almost every home game since 1990, and games with heavy snow are a blast. Inclement weather such as extreme wind or rain is usually fun, too, with the exception of the Giants in 2007. That was horrible.

Hammered, better a rookie than an old man 😀. Seriously, though, I don't know if there was thundersnow in 1977, but I heard a little bit last night. Only other times I heard it were in the October storm and in the early December storm in 2010. Thundersnow = bad things. I thought the December 2010 storm was pretty nutty - my wife got caught by Clinton St on the thruway and I parked under the overpass to do the rescue for that one - but the amount of snow in one day here is stunning. Almost as much as the week's worth of snow around Christmas 2001.

@BuffaloBillsPR: Media advisory: The #Bills will issue an update tomorrow morning at approx. 10 AM regarding the practice & media availability schedule.

If this were the Patriots, there'd be no question about practice. Belichick would require everyone come in, cut anyone who didn't, and somehow find a way to cheat to make sure it happens.