Congrats Buffalo, you almost made it to mid November

BuffaloBaumer

You know what it so difficult to wrap my head around. Not only will the Bills miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row, they can't even make it to the month of December to make games interesting. Do you know how pathetic that is? You can't even be relevant with 4 games left in the season for how many years? It takes a special kind of suck and incompetence to be such a doormat in this league and here we are once again crapping the bed before we even hit NOVEMBER 15!?

This team had 4 winnable games in November and they start off 0-2 like the chokers have done so many times before. Now, they are stuck in purgatory where losses give the Browns and even better draft choice and wins don't even matter. Yes, wins don't even matter. Go ahead and beat the Jets and Raiders if you want because reality will come crashing down when real NFL teams enter your schedule again. Was I really thinking a week ago that the Patriots game was going to mean something. How dare I actually forecast that far ahead. I would have thought it was even more farfetched that the Jets game would mean nothing and here we are, another season D.O.A.

If I was Terry Pegula, I would have made a phone call to Whaley after they punted on 4th and 6 and said....anyone who let's this guy make another decision for the rest of the season is fired along with him. Are you SERIOUSLY going to punt there with the season on the line? Did that really just happen? I don't even know where the incompetence starts and where it ends in this organization. Pegula has a chance to wipe the slate and I fully expect him to do it (Whaley, Brandon, Marrone....everybody). I don't care what good moves Whaley has done, he traded our 1st next year to get a freaking WR while we still didn't have a QB. That's they guy I want making my football decisions around here?

I agree that the farsical handling of the QB situation alone is grounds for dismissal for the entire lot, including Whaley.

Lots of folks around here won't agree with that though.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1787.

The organizational structure tree at One Bills Drive must equally be refreshed from time to time with the blood of every mediocre failure running the place.

Get rid of them all. Purge, purge, purge. Keep purging until they are all gone.

And then start over with the highest skilled people you can find at all positions, preferably who have no past of any kind with this organization.

One exception to that rule might possibly be Bill Polian in a consulting role. He masterminded the only Bills era worth a crap in 45 years. He has wisdom to share with the new breed brought in now, I'm sure.

I agree that the farsical handling of the QB situation alone is grounds for dismissal for the entire lot, including Whaley.

Lots of folks around here won't agree with that though.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1787.

The organizational structure tree at One Bills Drive must equally be refreshed from time to time with the blood of every mediocre failure running the place.

Get rid of them all. Purge, purge, purge. Keep purging until they are all gone.

And then start over with the highest skilled people you can find at all positions, preferably who have no past of any kind with this organization.

One exception to that rule might possibly be Bill Polian in a consulting role. He masterminded the only Bills era worth a crap in 45 years. He has wisdom to share with the new breed brought in now, I'm sure.

And I am quite sure that Polian would be the first to admit that he could not have had any success without Kelly and Manning. My brain feels like blowing up when I think about how inept this organization has been as they fail time and time again to fix the QB and Oline. Is it really THAT hard to figure out? Apparently so for this group.....

The fans really deserve better. They spend hard-earned money on this crap year after year, much of it in June and July when we're continually promised that it's "playoffs or bust." It has to stop - it's consumer fraud.

Do the fans really deserve better? While it's no secret that the Bills have failed, are failing now, and will continue to fail for at least two more seasons, the fans continue to do the lemming dance to the ticket window. By continuing to buy tickets, Bills gear, memorabilia, etc., the fans perpetuate the team losing by partially funding (Maybe totally funding since fans watch TV too and the TV revenues are big $'s for each NFL team.) incompetence.

Would the fans shop in a grocery store that stocked spoiled items for years?

Edited by Keukasmallies

yes, but unfortunately, I think we all know the reality here.

This may be true but if the Bills can win 2 or 3 in a row the odds will change.

To say the Bills are eliminated again in November is just not true

This may be true but if the Bills can win 2 or 3 in a row the odds will change.

To say the Bills are eliminated again in November is just not true

the one thing that no one's mentioned is that if the bills do end up at 7-5 (which I happen to think they won't), the mood on here is gonna change quite a bit and we're all gonna get suckered back in. Edited by metzelaars_lives

the one thing that no one's mentioned is that if the bills do end up at 7-5 (which I happen to think they won't), the mood on here is gonna change quite a bit and we're all gonna get suckered back in.

That's because it never happens when it's mentioned. Last year it was, "We're playing a bad Atlanta and a bad Tampa team, we'll be right back in it!" Then we dropped both.

You know what it so difficult to wrap my head around. Not only will the Bills miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row, they can't even make it to the month of December to make games interesting. Do you know how pathetic that is? You can't even be relevant with 4 games left in the season for how many years? It takes a special kind of suck and incompetence to be such a doormat in this league and here we are once again crapping the bed before we even hit NOVEMBER 15!?

This team had 4 winnable games in November and they start off 0-2 like the chokers have done so many times before. Now, they are stuck in purgatory where losses give the Browns and even better draft choice and wins don't even matter. Yes, wins don't even matter. Go ahead and beat the Jets and Raiders if you want because reality will come crashing down when real NFL teams enter your schedule again. Was I really thinking a week ago that the Patriots game was going to mean something. How dare I actually forecast that far ahead. I would have thought it was even more farfetched that the Jets game would mean nothing and here we are, another season D.O.A.

If I was Terry Pegula, I would have made a phone call to Whaley after they punted on 4th and 6 and said....anyone who let's this guy make another decision for the rest of the season is fired along with him. Are you SERIOUSLY going to punt there with the season on the line? Did that really just happen? I don't even know where the incompetence starts and where it ends in this organization. Pegula has a chance to wipe the slate and I fully expect him to do it (Whaley, Brandon, Marrone....everybody). I don't care what good moves Whaley has done, he traded our 1st next year to get a freaking WR while we still didn't have a QB. That's they guy I want making my football decisions around here?

With my Christmas decorations, I have a box of Bills decorations that used to go up at the same time.

All I wanted to be able to do this year is put them up for the first time in 13-14 years when I put up my Christmas decorations (during the 90s, it was my favorite part of my decorations).

6 days ago, I thought I was going to finally be able to do it!

The box will sit there again untouched this year.

The fans really deserve better. They spend hard-earned money on this crap year after year, much of it in June and July when we're continually promised that it's "playoffs or bust." It has to stop - it's consumer fraud.

The whining that occurs from time to time here about the fans deserving better is all horse ****. The team is what it is, and has been for a decade and a half. Anyone who does not like what they have been getting for their "hard-earned money" the past 15 years yet continues spending it deserves exactly what they get and has no right whatsoever to expect more.

The Bills talent is much greater then 5-5

The defense is. But as a team they most certainly are not.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I've seen many comments about how Pegula's going to turn things around. I'm very grateful that he's keeping the Bills in Buffalo, even though they suck. It's terrific that the area has something that many other cities in the US don't - an NFL franchise. But really, what exactly has Pegula's ownership of the Saber's done for them? They're about as awful a team as you can get and have been like that since he's owned them. I'm not trying to be a smart _ss here, but what in his track record suggests things will be different for the Bills?

I've seen many comments about how Pegula's going to turn things around. I'm very grateful that he's keeping the Bills in Buffalo, even though they suck. It's terrific that the area has something that many other cities in the US don't - an NFL franchise. But really, what exactly has Pegula's ownership of the Saber's done for them? They're about as awful a team as you can get and have been like that since he's owned them. I'm not trying to be a smart _ss here, but what in his track record suggests things will be different for the Bills?

With the Sabres the team made the playoffs in his first year, so he gave the GM and coach the benefit of the doubt and a blank check and told them to try to win the cup. They made some bold moves that didn't work out, the team got worse and he cut ties. Hindsight being 20/20 he should have done it sooner -- especially the GM in my opinion, but the Sabres are rebuilding the right way now. There are no guarantees they'll win a cup with the current people in charge but I don't think they'll hang on to them as long if it's clear it's not working.