What happens if The Bills lose Thursday?

first_and_ten

I'm immuned

If the bills win I'm happy, if they lose I enjoy the comedy..

I'm really no longer that emotionally attached to the franchise

Long time reader first time poster...

I try to do the same. Its a defense mechanism.

Yesterday really hurt. They suckered me in after those 2 wins against Minn and NJ and I drank the kool-aid before the game. For walking dead watchers it was like realizing I had eaten "tainted meat"

If they lose Thursday... numbness for me. And most likely the 14 year streak continues.

The Chiefs game really hurt.

Either the team lays down or they compete Thursday. It is a winnable game vs a team they match-up very well with.

They need to stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and the O needs smarter play in the red zone.

The defense just has to take the field and they should abuse that O-line.

And for God's sake Marrone needs to stop playing not to lose and go for it on 4th and short when it makes sense. Take a calculated risk for once and put some faith in your offense. If the HC doesn't believe they can gain 6 inches, the offense isn't going to respond very well to that.

I think Snorom has the right answer - I think they'll lose Thursday, I'll get up Friday and go to work and me and the two other Bills fans I know will complain about the ref's, the coaches and the players, and then we'll get to work and that will pretty much be it. Looking forward to Camp opening next July....

Edited by chaccof

it would prove you Super Orton fans wrong which would make me VERY happy.

so what's the alternative? manuel is never going to be a top 15 nfl qb. he'd be lucky, with a decent coach and oline to be out of the bottom 10. we don't draft til the second. the only fa qb that's recently been better than orton has been palmer and he's hurt. i'm no orton fan but how does his sucking help the franchise?

and i hope it leads to a wholesale firing of everyone that hasn't definitively proven that they are among the top half of the league at their jobs. that should include the hc and gm.

Edited by birdog1960

Orton gets benched. Experience experiment over.

There is no way Orton gets benched if Bills fall to the fish. If the Bills go 1-3 or 0-4 in November, then yes time to go back to EJ. But then there is no way you put EJ back in vs P Manning for starters. So he earliest EJ sighting ( barring injury ) would be @ home vs Green Bay. If EJ starts there you know the season turned into a tire fire in November.

The Defense has got to feel like the offense sold them out.

While the D played well they are also responsible for the loss. The Bills had a 10 point lead going into the 4th and the D allowed two TDs. Sure you can try and blame it on a fumble but the bottom line is they let them get into the endzone. Did KC's D let the Bills get into the endzone when they started a drive at the 25 late in the game? Top flight units come up big in big moments. The Bills D, no matter the talent level or sacks, seem to come up small all too often. This same stuff happened last year.

With a loss on Thursday, the Bills AFC record will drop to 2-5 and we can all look forward to another season of football without our team in the playoffs.

This~

There is nothing we fans can do except cry in our beers, and hope Brady falls on his face at some point.

As much as I wanted Marrone to be successful, its been mistake after mistake is so many facets that shows the entire coaching staff is still learning as they go. Will the Pegula's want to wait it out another two years to see if this staff can eventually become actually relevant in the division? I dunno. I know I don't want to wait when I see other teams become playoffs teams in one year after a HCing change.

The Eagles, and they continue to win with a backup off the waiver wire in Mr Butt Fumble. The Cardinals with the best record in the same division as the 49ers, and Seahawks :worthy: Mike McCoy took his team to the playoffs in his first year, and may do so again this year. Jeez, even Mike Pettine has his Browns leading the black, and blue AFC North division over Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.

Still, the Bills are only 2 games out of first place in the division with 7 games remaining. At Mia, NYJ, Clev, At Denver, GB, At Oak, At NE. Hey, miracles do happen! Win the next 3, and its 8-4, lose to Den & NE but beat GB & Oak, and its 10-6. That's enough to show me that no changes should be made playoffs or no playoffs. Even at 9-7 it might be enough depending on how the team is playing at the end of the year, and if the OC is still out thinking himself.

Dream on. You'd rather have Manual out there? It's not an experiment; it's necessary under the circumstances.

I'm a big EJ fan, and think this was the right move as with Hackett as OC its like the blind leading the blind. Why some fans are still whining about the move is beyond me.

so what's the alternative? manuel is never going to be a top 15 nfl qb. he'd be lucky, with a decent coach and oline to be out of the bottom 10. we don't draft til the second. the only fa qb that's recently been better than orton has been palmer and he's hurt. i'm no orton fan but how does his sucking help the franchise?

and i hope it leads to a wholesale firing of everyone that hasn't definitively proven that they are among the top half of the league at their jobs. that should include the hc and gm.

you may have missed the point here. Metz is one of 5 super fan who likes to twist my words.

So in return I was being an :censored: back to him.

if you are a super fan who thinks Kyle is the answer to the playoff drought and my post upset you. mission accomplished.

Dream on. You'd rather have Manual out there? It's not an experiment; it's necessary under the circumstances.

are you saying that Orton losing more games IS the answer? Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Orton has played well enough to win. The coaches have put him in bad spots, and other players mistakes have killed the game. But, I see the Bills brining in someone like Bradford, etc. (another decent vet) to challenge Orton in preseason, and then one of them serves as the backup, and EJ goes to 3rd string.

Why are people blind to the real Orton. He's not that good. You bash the coach, but if Orton doesn't repeatedly throw crappy passes in the redzone, we win. Orton had atleast 4 chances at open receivers and missed them all badly. Orton is the reason we did not win yesterday. He had the game in his hands. With everything else that happened, it still came down to missed chances by the great Orton. He blew it.

If the Bills lose Thursday I will do what I always do...........

Blame the coaches, fire them all, start our semi-rebuilding project

start our mock drafts, which are never right

drink beer and whine.... :thumbdown:

Of all the staffs we've seen let go--this one will deserve it the least. I'll actually feel sorry for them. I like them-- but if you can't teach proper ball security to your key player when games (seasons) are on the line--well, YOU GOTTA GO!

Why are people blind to the real Orton. He's not that good. You bash the coach, but if Orton doesn't repeatedly throw crappy passes in the redzone, we win. Orton had atleast 4 chances at open receivers and missed them all badly. Orton is the reason we did not win yesterday. He had the game in his hands. With everything else that happened, it still came down to missed chances by the great Orton. He blew it.

he is a product of our coach and gm. by the time they realized their mistake on manuel it was too late to find anyone else. so, yes, it's on the coach and gm. orton is being orton.

Actually I expect the Bills to have a good game vs the fish.

Two main reasons: First, tho they may be accident prone I don't think this is a team of quitters, and they will be eager for redemption.

Second, they are basically a better more talented team than Miami.

I see no compelling reason to expect a loss.

You are correct, he is not an "elite" franchise type QB or the Bills couldn't have landed him so easily.

The coaching calling 48 passes against the leagues #1 pass defense is disturbing to me. Considering the Bills run game was tearing them a new one with 22 rushes for 111 at a 5.0 YPC average, and against an 18th ranked Chiefs run defense.

Sorry, it just makes no sense to try and go full bore against another teams strengths, and work away from their weaknesses. This team is beating itself in many games.

Actually I expect the Bills to have a good game vs the fish.

Two main reasons: First, tho they may be accident prone I don't think this is a team of quitters, and they will be eager for redemption.

Second, they are basically a better more talented team than Miami.

I see no compelling reason to expect a loss.

Except this team quit last year. So many of them have a documented history of quitting on Doug Morrone.

Except this team quit last year. So many of them have a documented history of quitting on Doug Morrone.

One positive from Sundays debacle was that after the momentum sucking Brown fumble they came right back with a strong drive. If Brown doesn't stumble they come away with seven instead of three and we are back in the drivers seat. I expected that turnover to negatively affect their play and it didn't. I think it would have in the past.

I guess we will see soon enuf. If after KC they fold like a cheap tent then I would consider that to be a very bad sign for Marrone.

While the D played well they are also responsible for the loss. The Bills had a 10 point lead going into the 4th and the D allowed two TDs. Sure you can try and blame it on a fumble but the bottom line is they let them get into the endzone. Did KC's D let the Bills get into the endzone when they started a drive at the 25 late in the game? Top flight units come up big in big moments. The Bills D, no matter the talent level or sacks, seem to come up small all too often. This same stuff happened last year.

If you're expectation is that a defense shut out an offense on every game, You have unrealistic expectations.

When Jarius Wynn went out of the game the Chiefs exploited Manny Lawson's inability to set the edge, then one of the best RB in the NFL went pinball game all over the Bills once he broke contain.

The Bills defense still forced a 4th and 1 and Andy Reid actually had the sack to snap the ball and win the game. The Defense played more than well enough to win the game, only allowing 17 points and one TD off of a Turnover on a shortened field.

The Bills offense was in the redzone 4 Times and scored 6 points.

You can place the tiniest microgranular of blame on the Defense if it makes you feel better but the Offense did everything they could to lose the game. The Chiefs defense made ZERO big plays to shutdown the Bills Offense. The Bills Offense just threw 4 Stupid passes into the endzone or stands. So don't pretend that the Chiefs defense stood stout. They could have just laid down and watch the offense throw stupid pass after stupid pass and have the same net effect.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You are correct, he is not an "elite" franchise type QB or the Bills couldn't have landed him so easily.

The coaching calling 48 passes against the leagues #1 pass defense is disturbing to me. Considering the Bills run game was tearing them a new one with 22 rushes for 111 at a 5.0 YPC average, and against an 18th ranked Chiefs run defense.

Sorry, it just makes no sense to try and go full bore against another teams strengths, and work away from their weaknesses. This team is beating itself in many games.

You're missing the point. Even with the play calling as it was, if Orton makes a simple pass completion, we win the game. The coaches didn't tell Brown and McKelvin to fumble and they didn't tell Orton to miss wide open receivers for TD's. I've been a frequent complainer about playcalling, but in this case, it's not valid. The game was there to be won with one decent pass from a competent QB.

It sounds like fans of both teams are equally nervous/skeptical about winning this week. It makes sense, we've had pretty similarly tumultuous up and down seasons, each coming off a difficult loss last week.

I think both teams have clear distinct advantages.

Where does Buffalo need to capitalize? Against our shaky O line. With Albert gone, I'm seriously concerned about how our front 5 will hold up. We couldn't hold up with Albert last time, so we better be much more prepared to counter the Bills effective pass rush...and Dallas Thomas, presuming he plays RT, is going to have to have himself a game.....which is unlikely. I think James will hold up fine transitioning to LT, but RT is going to be a huge question mark.

Hopefully Pouncey will make a difference against you guys this time, but even he hasn't been playing well at guard.

Where do the Dolphins have the advantage? Well...defensively as well. I was surprised at how well you guys held off our pass rush last time, but assuming they are a little more effective getting to Orton this week, our DBs have got to capitalize on any and all mistakes.

I can't imagine this to be a high scoring game. It seems pretty evenly matched unless you look at how the Bills have historically whooped us the past few games. Tannehill is sure to play better at home as he usually does, but in my opinion this game could go either way.

Both teams are clearly motivated, it's going to be a battle, but the difference in this game is Ryan Tannehill. If he has some time to implement Lazor's offensive scheme, the Fins have a shot. If not, then 5-5 here we come.

You're missing the point. Even with the play calling as it was, if Orton makes a simple pass completion, we win the game. The coaches didn't tell Brown and McKelvin to fumble and they didn't tell Orton to miss wide open receivers for TD's. I've been a frequent complainer about playcalling, but in this case, it's not valid. The game was there to be won with one decent pass from a competent QB.

It is valid, it is very valid! This game was so Deja Vu of last seasons loss its crazy.

The Bills were going up against the #1 pass defense in the league, and chose to throw 48 times at it. The coaches should have noticed that Orton wasn't on his game, and yet went pass happy in the fourth quarter with 15 passes to two runs.

Its not like Orton turned the ball over or had a horrific day like EJ had in houston. He just never got into a decent Rhythm so why not run more? Then at the end of the game when you are seeing Orton miss open receivers... kick the freaking FG and be down by one point, and then let the defense, and kicking game win it, or go for an onside kick.

Listen to the CBS sports Recap, as also they say it was bad coaching. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20141109_KC@BUF

If you're expectation is that a defense shut out an offense on every game, You have unrealistic expectations.

When Jarius Wynn went out of the game the Chiefs exploited Manny Lawson's inability to set the edge, then one of the best RB in the NFL went pinball game all over the Bills once he broke contain.

The Bills defense still forced a 4th and 1 and Andy Reid actually had the sack to snap the ball and win the game. The Defense played more than well enough to win the game, only allowing 17 points and one TD off of a Turnover on a shortened field.

The Bills offense was in the redzone 4 Times and scored 6 points.

You can place the tiniest microgranular of blame on the Defense if it makes you feel better but the Offense did everything they could to lose the game. The Chiefs defense made ZERO big plays to shutdown the Bills Offense. The Bills Offense just threw 4 Stupid passes into the endzone or stands. So don't pretend that the Chiefs defense stood stout. They could have just laid down and watch the offense throw stupid pass after stupid pass and have the same net effect.

Bottom line is the D allowed 2 TDs in the 4th quarter when the team had a 10 point lead. Forcing a FG in either of those situations would have been huge. It didn't happen. Even if fans want to make excuses I guarantee you the players on the D aren't happy with their performance.

The way I look at it is this, sure the D outperformed the O all game long. No argument here. They looked dominant. But at the end of the game two things would have won it for this Bills. 1) The offense putting it in the endzone or 2) the D stopping KC from getting into the endzone. Neither unit did what was needed to get the job done. Both of KC's units did exactly that for their team though - it's why they won the game.

Edited by MDH