What happens if The Bills lose Thursday?

first_and_ten

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a loss Thursday, the Bills would be 5-5, and would be, at most, spoilers for other playoff bound teams for the remainder of this season. I actually feel the bills have a better chance thursday than they did Sunday against KC. Bills have handled the 'phins last three outings, I recall. Buffalo has talent, and the coaching staff is actually adapting to a more wide open style now that the running game is so-so, and we have a competant QB.

As for next year, Pegula will do whatever he wants.....and that may well be determined by how the Bills play the rest of the year. If they play hard and end up 8-8, I think the current management stays......if they play "run for the bus" football at any time...then new coaching will be in place next year. (thats actually a WNY term...learned in many previous Bills administrations of prior decades)

I think though, that Whaley will survive......and be faced with having to sign our real performers in free agency. (Darius, Hughes, and maybe Spiller come to mind)

Pegula may also be influenced by the experience he has had with the Sabres....where he kept an entrenched management in place for too long. The Sabres are one the right track now, albeit a very long road back to respectibility. These Bills are not anyway, any how in as bad a shape as the Sabres are wrt to haveing mature talent on the roster.

As a long time season ticket holder, I am tired of having a new administration every three years......I know that Ralph Wilson's problems in getting top notch coaching were influenced by his apparent lame duck status as owner when he was in his 90's. The Pegula's do not appear to have that concern, and with the franchise here for long term, coaching talent not previously available might be had. Marrone has a 4 year contract, and, if let go, would have a couple of years to land on his feet......that might be the right choice.

I expect another close game in Miami. Because it is in Miami, I would not be surprised if the Bills lost. Worst possible time for a short week as well, with both FredEx and Sammy nursing injuries.

Based on the Sabres, I don't believe the Pegulas' will make any rash decisions now, or after the season is over.

Whaley stays. Unless the wheels fall off completely the remainder of the season so does Marrone.

If the Bills finish under .500 again there will need to be a sacrificial lamb, probably Hackett. But I don't expect a lot of upheaval this off season at all.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Whaley put together a hell of a team, imo. Coaching and maturity are our biggest issues.

(And maturity is kind of on the coaches as well)

Gotta disagree. Whaley didn't put together much on the surface. He's made some good moves, but the draft is still an issue for this organization. Outside the 1st and 2nd rounds, Buffalo doesn't find above average NFL starters. The OL is a mess. Neither Buddy or Doug recognized having a durable veteran QB is a requirement, the trade for Bryce Brown doesn't look good at all right now, and the coach Brandon hired is quickly becoming a running joke.

The latest rebuild (number 3 since TD was fired for those counting at home) is in it's fifth year. I expect they'd have better talent than the DJ/Marv/Brandon years, and yet their record amazingly continues to be mediocre.

Gotta disagree. Whaley didn't put together much on the surface. He's made some good moves, but the draft is still an issue for this organization. Outside the 1st and 2nd rounds, Buffalo doesn't find above average NFL starters. The OL is a mess. Neither Buddy or Doug recognized having a durable veteran QB is a requirement, the trade for Bryce Brown doesn't look good at all right now, and the coach Brandon hired is quickly becoming a running joke.

The latest rebuild (number 3 since TD was fired for those counting at home) is in it's fifth year. I expect they'd have better talent than the DJ/Marv/Brandon years, and yet their record amazingly continues to be mediocre.

outside of rounds 1-2 even average starters are typically a few years in the making.