What show to start?

The Underdog

There is an interesting and damn good Irish series on Netflix called Jack Taylor. They took a series of crime novels with the same character and made 8-10 episodes but they are all full movies. Like an hour and a half each. Really good idea. I've watched four and liked them all. About an aging ex cop who is now a reluctant private eye who is always in trouble himself. Set in Galway.

There is an interesting and damn good Irish series on Netflix called Jack Taylor. They took a series of crime novels with the same character and made 8-10 episodes but they are all full movies. Like an hour and a half each. Really good idea. I've watched four and liked them all. About an aging ex cop who is now a reluctant private eye who is always in trouble himself. Set in Galway.

I'll try it. Have you watched Luther?

I'll try it. Have you watched Luther?

I tried it...sorry...It put me to sleep.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these on Amazon...Brotherhood (Irish mob and politics in Providence RI) former Showtimes series, 3 seasons, kind of interesting. Also, Hand of God, judge who starts hearing God when his son attempts suicide and is left in a coma, the judge then hunts the people responsible for his son's plight.

Justa reminder

You're the Worst Started back up

Better Things season Premiere is this evening(i liked the first season)

Broad City came back last night, but i have not watched yet.

And just a reminder to set your DVR, Ken Burns Vietnam War starts this Sunday. Takes me a while to work through most of his films, I am not one to watch 5 nights in a row.

Hank Steuver from the WAPO liked it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/yes-america-pbss-the-vietnam-war-is-required-viewing--all-18-hours-of-it/2017/09/14/c89bd07a-94be-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_stuever-1145a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.f9b949650b5e

I started watching Ballers. Not a very good show but it's kinda sorta about football so I continue to watch. They are going for a mix of Entourage and NFL. It's misses the mark but is still entertaining enough that I've watched all of the episodes. I think a cool show would be a TV series like the movie The Program about college guys and football. I also enjoyed the movies Blue Chips and He Got Game. I feel like there is a lot of scandal in the college game that gets covered up. I'd like to see a show on that! On HBO of course wink wink

I started watching Ballers. Not a very good show but it's kinda sorta about football so I continue to watch. They are going for a mix of Entourage and NFL. It's misses the mark but is still entertaining enough that I've watched all of the episodes. I think a cool show would be a TV series like the movie The Program about college guys and football. I also enjoyed the movies Blue Chips and He Got Game. I feel like there is a lot of scandal in the college game that gets covered up. I'd like to see a show on that! On HBO of course wink wink

Ballers is a guilty pleasure of mine. I know it's ridiculous, but it's about football so I continue to follow along. Mt wife makes fun of me for watching it (yet she watches Desperate Housewives). I like your idea for the show about the "dirty dealings" of college football and recruiting. Last Chance U was pretty good.

I humbly disagree. I think this season has been the best yet. I can't get enough of Pacho, Miguel/Gilberto, and David Rodriguez. Great characters.

I can dig it. I don't know if it's because I don't really speak Spanish, but the actors seem on average superior to shows of comparable budgets in English. My quibble is once they lost the guy who played Escobar (Wagner Moura, terrific) it got a little bogged down. The Cali guys are good but one dimensional IMO.

Ehhh...this season has lost a step over the previous 2. Still very good, but I'm going BoJack Horseman myself.

I humbly disagree. I think this season has been the best yet. I can't get enough of Pacho, Miguel/Gilberto, and David Rodriguez. Great characters.

I can dig it. I don't know if it's because I don't really speak Spanish, but the actors seem on average superior to shows of comparable budgets in English. My quibble is once they lost the guy who played Escobar (Wagner Moura, terrific) it got a little bogged down. The Cali guys are good but one dimensional IMO.

The first few episodes were difficult because the show basically lost both it's Protagonist (Murphey) and Antagonist (Escobar) and replaced them with the Deuteragonist (Pena) and an ensemble of Antagonists drawn from supporting characters.

But once it picked up it was pretty good

Sunday night, 9.17 on PBS is the first episode of Ken Burns' Vietnam War series.

Thanks for reminder. DVR is set.

Ozark was my favorite show of the summer by far.

I started HBO's "The Deuce" last night. Period drama about the dirty, corrupt, stetchy Times Square in the early 70's.

Binge watching GOT now. Wife rejected it when it first came out. She doesn't like movies featuring actors with long greasy locks, dirty fingernails, and bad dentition, hacking and whacking each other to bits. :death:

Finally got her past that and we're in the middle of Season 4. I think it was the nudity that did it. :rolleyes:

Now, with all the killing and hacking she can't sleep at night and is very anxious about our children. :o

It may be time to take a break and let the adrenaline blood level to get back to normal. :ph34r: