What show to start?

The Underdog

Just finished watching the first two episodes of "the Guestbook" on TBS. By Greg Garcia, so if you liked Earl and Hope, you will prolly like this show. I thought they were great!

Lots of great actors and actresses, and some old favorites from his previous shows to boot!

Don't forget Greg's first cult classic: Yes, Dear. :pirate:

Love kornheiser. Didn't realize he had a podcast. My podcasts consist mainly of the whole family of how stuff works and Mike Rowe. I'll have to add him to my feed

Pooj, don't know if you like podcasts or not, but he was just onKornheiser''s, great listen. makes me feel very old I have been listening to Mr. Tony for almost 25 years now.

Love kornheiser. Didn't realize he had a podcast. My podcasts consist mainly of the whole family of how stuff works and Mike Rowe. I'll have to add him to my feed

Summer is hit or miss for his podcasts, great fun to go to Chatter( place he owns with Povich and Gary Williams) and have breakfast while he records the thing.

Plan on it sometime in the fall!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone started the Defenders yet?

Only 8 episodes. Finished on Saturday.

Seemed more like a long teaser to start a story line instead of a complete series. The ending send vague, rushed, and a little forced. Although I was expecting a little forcing of the story to bring together 4 separate lines.

Good not great.

I'm tiring of the Marvel/Netflix character theme of "who am I."

Just started Ozark...I'm hooked.

I just finished the 10 episodes which were released on Netflix in July. My fave was the last episode. Lots of great characters in this show. It was recently renewed by Netflix for season 2.

Bateman stars, produces, and sometimes directs. I am quite certain the Ozark Chamber of Commerce is not endorsing this series.

Only 8 episodes. Finished on Saturday.

Seemed more like a long teaser to start a story line instead of a complete series. The ending send vague, rushed, and a little forced. Although I was expecting a little forcing of the story to bring together 4 separate lines.

Good not great.

I'm tiring of the Marvel/Netflix character theme of "who am I."

I finished 3 and a half episodes and feel like nothing has happened. It hasn't grabbed me at all. What i find comical is that there's a guy that's bulletproof, a guy with a glowing fist, a blind ninja, and a girl with superhuman strength yet they all are sitting around the table unable to comprehend supernatural stuff happening.

"Oh my God, this is ridiculous. I'm outta here."

Lady, you can flip a car and just had a guy control your mind for an entire season.

Edited by Wooderson

I finished 3 and a half episodes and feel like nothing has happened. It hasn't grabbed me at all. What i find comical is that there's a guy that's bulletproof, a guy with a glowing fist, a blind ninja, and a girl with superhuman strength yet they all are sitting around the table unable to comprehend supernatural stuff happening.

"Oh my God, this is ridiculous. I'm outta here."

Lady, you can flip a car and just had a guy control your mind for an entire season.

I am through 5 episodes - but, man, the end of episode 4 almost made me stop: (spoilers for Ep 4 and 5 below)

JJ throws a car through the window, disables Electra who everyone is terrified of - then walks OVER Electra (leaving her armed) and into the room where everyone is trapped JUST to stand shoulder to shoulder with the other defenders to fight... ELECTRA.

The TV Marvel shows have been gritty and different than the movies, I expected JJ to at least disarm Electra if not kill her right there rather than taking the time to tough talk her then pose with her new friends. They abandoned logic to get to a cool "last shot" of them all together - and then they bungled the shot, it looked ****ty instead of epic.

And that was just the start of Defenders randomly leaving dangerous villains for no logical reason - the one finger of the hand who they capture and torture - they leave him on the ground, and suddenly DD can't "hear" him untying his binds when he can hear everything?

They've abandoned logic, like the last few episodes of JJ where she suddenly was able to be knocked out by a 2x4 wielded by a normal human lady with no upper body strength.

So far I have not enjoyed it... but I'll finish it out this week.

No mention of the new Twin Peaks (did I miss it?)

I think it's pretty excellent. I kind of expected it to be just a mildly interesting sort of reunion project, but it's way more than that. I'm finding it really fun to see such an insane vision executed like this. It adds to the whole Twin Peaks mythology and it answers questions and fills in the gaps from the original in a really interesting and fun way. In my opinion, it's up there with the best stuff David Lynch has ever done.

No mention of the new Twin Peaks (did I miss it?)

I think it's pretty excellent. I kind of expected it to be just a mildly interesting sort of reunion project, but it's way more than that. I'm finding it really fun to see such an insane vision executed like this. It adds to the whole Twin Peaks mythology and it answers questions and fills in the gaps from the original in a really interesting and fun way. In my opinion, it's up there with the best stuff David Lynch has ever done.

I agree, it's some of Lynch's best stuff.

I am through 5 episodes - but, man, the end of episode 4 almost made me stop: (spoilers for Ep 4 and 5 below)

JJ throws a car through the window, disables Electra who everyone is terrified of - then walks OVER Electra (leaving her armed) and into the room where everyone is trapped JUST to stand shoulder to shoulder with the other defenders to fight... ELECTRA.

The TV Marvel shows have been gritty and different than the movies, I expected JJ to at least disarm Electra if not kill her right there rather than taking the time to tough talk her then pose with her new friends. They abandoned logic to get to a cool "last shot" of them all together - and then they bungled the shot, it looked ****ty instead of epic.

And that was just the start of Defenders randomly leaving dangerous villains for no logical reason - the one finger of the hand who they capture and torture - they leave him on the ground, and suddenly DD can't "hear" him untying his binds when he can hear everything?

They've abandoned logic, like the last few episodes of JJ where she suddenly was able to be knocked out by a 2x4 wielded by a normal human lady with no upper body strength.

So far I have not enjoyed it... but I'll finish it out this week.

Agreed. It's stuff like that where I feel this show is too forced.

The effectiveness of Kung Fu against Luke Cage is also curiously not constant.

I'm still excited for Punisher though. I think the stand alone story is easier to focus on, and it should be a better storry (more personal and character driven) like DD 1 or JJ, and not forced to look towards team building like DD 2, Cage and Fist. Plus Bernthal is the best Punisher by far.

Agreed. It's stuff like that where I feel this show is too forced.

The effectiveness of Kung Fu against Luke Cage is also curiously not constant.

I'm still excited for Punisher though. I think the stand alone story is easier to focus on, and it should be a better storry (more personal and character driven) like DD 1 or JJ, and not forced to look towards team building like DD 2, Cage and Fist. Plus Bernthal is the best Punisher by far.

I'm with you on all of that. Punisher should be fun.

I just finished the 10 episodes which were released on Netflix in July. My fave was the last episode. Lots of great characters in this show. It was recently renewed by Netflix for season 2.

Bateman stars, produces, and sometimes directs. I am quite certain the Ozark Chamber of Commerce is not endorsing this series.

haha - I thought the same thing. Don't think I'll visit Lake of the Ozarks anytime soon. Edited by YoloinOhio

Watched episode 10 last night, not at all what I expected! Very good season finale, sets up well for next season...