What To Take From the Jets Game ?

T master

We are only supposed to look at the last 4 games, though...

Then post a source that has game by game then. What I posted is for the season. I suspect based on watching the last 4 games that the data is not much different. A little better or a little worse doesn't really change anything.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Against what was the #7 defense in the league, if I may add.

This. They scored 43 offensive points on the road against one of the best Ds in the league in what was billed as a complete mismatch at the LOS. Period. Extrapolating out that the same plays won't work when they play other teams is pointless. The game plan changes for every game.

Then post a source that has game by game then. What I posted is for the season. I suspect based on watching the last 4 games that the data is not much different. A little better or a little worse doesn't really change anything.

I was kidding. He only wanted us to look at the past 4 games because those are the ones Orton played.

the good -

we have outstanding depth on D, and McKelvin is putting his game together - so much so, that i'd suggest we take him off returns

we have a diverse set of skill players on O, and Watkins can open the field up for all of them

the bad -

we have an OC whose gameplans are elementary, and do little to challenge the opposing DC

But if you take away the terrible play at QB & the 3 INT's by Geno & 1 By Vick at the end of the game with our AWESOME D the game is tied & we would have to fight to win it .

Can't argue that, you take away 20 points from the Bills and the game is tied as well. But if Carpenter makes that extra point (cut him), we still would have won by 1. Now if Bradham doesn't get the 15 yard conduct penalty, they Bills might have had another 3, so they could have won by 4. But if the defense gave up another TD, they still lose by 3. So embarrassed....

Against what was the #7 defense in the league, if I may add.

I think that is very important to note in this past game.

I just like everyone else am not a Nate Hackett fan......he could not find a way to use Spiller.....we have EXCEPTIONAL backs but cannot seem to put a great running attack together.....BUT.....what think about this.....

What gets a team back into a game and the momentum going faster then anything....TURNOVERS......the bills did not want to commit turnovers against the 7th ranked defense in the league so they went ultra conservative and protected the ball.

it worked out......as a matter of fact....it worked out to the tune of a 20 point blowout.

Now.....if Nate did this when our defense was playing well.....I would want to reach through the TV and choke him

So.... we have an awesome defense that is adept at creating turnovers, but we should not count them, to make it look like we struggled yesterday. Got it.

Not sure the D created turnovers so much as they were handed to them on a silver platter. But the D did play well, and they (the defense) did capitalize on every Jests gift except one I believe (the McLovin one towards the end of the game that he dropped). The D did more than good, the O however struggled overall, albeit against a Jests D that is generally considered to be pretty good.

If the Bills are thinking about playoffs at all, the O is going to have to play considerably better than they have the past few weeks.

Oh and as to the topic, you take the "W" away from that game, be very thankful, and move on.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I took away that Preston Brown is really developing into a great player. I thought the McKelvin interception that was reversed was as good a play as I have seen a Bills DB make in years. I took away that Sammy Watkins is a superstar. I thought Kyle Orton's TD throw to Scott Chandler was as good as it gets. After watching all the prognosticators pick the Jets Sunday morning, I felt really good about winning by 20 in their stadium.

its the mentality of better not do that against so and so....im not playing so and so. Better not hang that curve to the #3 hitter...im facing the #8 hitter. When the Patriots beat the Raiders 16-9 and the Raiders had about 8 opportunites to win the game no one said anything other than Patriots won

And thats why we need EJ back in there?

Man i hope you were goofing around with that statement …

But if not Boy are you missing the fact that since Orton has been in there the yardage per game thrown by the QB has went up 100 yards per game & the moral of the team behind a veteran leader is ten times what it was with EJ behind center .

I just hope EJ is paying attention so that for the rest of his career as a back up when he does get in the game he will know what to do & how to go about doing it ...

We're 5-3, coming off a huge road win against a divisional opponent going into a perfectly placed bye week, leading into 4 very winnable games.

What makes you think that this team won't be in the playoffs this season?

If you could point out where i said they wouldn't make it to the play offs i would appreciate it .

I think they have the talent to be a play off team but the coaching is VERY subject not to mention inexperienced !!

If not for the injection of experience at the QB position i personally believe our record would be much different !!

the good -

we have outstanding depth on D, and McKelvin is putting his game together - so much so, that i'd suggest we take him off returns

we have a diverse set of skill players on O, and Watkins can open the field up for all of them

the bad -

we have an OC whose gameplans are elementary, and do little to challenge the opposing DC

This is pretty much how I feel except I like McKelvin returning punts. He gives us a better chance at making a big play there. I think it is well worth the risk.

Every year there seems to be a team that comes on strong towards the end of the year and starts playing exceptionally well. I am hoping the Bills' offense gets on track so that we become that team.

My takeaways are:

*Urbik should have been the starter day one.

*Giving Hackett the benefit of the doubt for conservative play calling given our field position and turnovers, he still is in over his head.

*We have a real NFL QB. Not top ten talent, but a legit starter at long last.

*Sammy's a star and Preston Brown is really developing into a solid player. Can't wait for Kiko to come back.

*Pears is brutal.

*Our D Line is special and D Line depth impressive.

*Chandler is playing well.

If it had been any team but Buffalo...

We spent much of the past week worrying about the Bills-Jets game. We worried because:

1. The Bills had a very shaky win over the Vikings.

2. The Bills have a poor record vs. Rex in NY.

3. Despite their record, the Jets had played Green Bay, New England, Denver, amongst others to a standstill.

4. The 1-6 Jets were due to win.

The Bills were actually an underdog!

And yet now, after the rout, it's all about how terrible the Jets were, especially in the National media. There's very little about how well the Bills played. That's to be expected on the National level, but I even see it happening with many Bills fans.

It is so interesting that its in light of a big win over the Jets - not a loss - the chronic playoff drought/mediocrity is really exposed. In other words, its been so long since we've had success, that many can't be convinced this team is actually pretty good. One thing's for sure: If it had been, say, the visiting Colts beating the Jets 43-23, a week after the Pats barely got by those same Jets, the Colts would being hailed as a big contender today.

If it had been any team but Buffalo...

We spent much of the past week worrying about the Bills-Jets game. We worried because:

1. The Bills had a very shaky win over the Vikings.

2. The Bills have a poor record vs. Rex in NY.

3. Despite their record, the Jets had played Green Bay, New England, Denver, amongst others to a standstill.

4. The 1-6 Jets were due to win.

The Bills were actually an underdog!

And yet now, after the rout, it's all about how terrible the Jets were, especially in the National media. There's very little about how well the Bills played. That's to be expected on the National level, but I even see it happening with many Bills fans.

It is so interesting that its in light of a big win over the Jets - not a loss - the chronic playoff drought/mediocrity is really exposed. In other words, its been so long since we've had success, that many can't be convinced this team is actually pretty good. One thing's for sure: If it had been, say, the visiting Colts beating the Jets 43-23, a week after the Pats barely got by those same Jets, the Colts would being hailed as a big contender today.

You're new here, but this is par for the course. If the Bills don't dominate, some are not happy. Plus these are the ones that will post the "I told you" posts at the end of the season, should the Bills faulter...

I'm taking away a W.

You take what you want.

If we scored TDs after each turnover the final score would have been 65 to 23.

I'm not greedy. I'll take the W and the satisfaction that the JESTS are 1 and 7 cellar dwellers who will be shooting Paper, Rock, Scissors with Oakland for the number one pick in the 2015 draft.