What To Take From the Jets Game ?

T master

If you could point out where i said they wouldn't make it to the play offs i would appreciate it .

I think they have the talent to be a play off team but the coaching is VERY subject not to mention inexperienced !!

If not for the injection of experience at the QB position i personally believe our record would be much different !!

You imply it here:

I hate to say it but i hope our new owners see that after Whaley & Shwartz this team needs to be looked at pretty closely to decide if this staff is really what it will take to put us in the play offs ..

If Shwartz was made HC & DC along with the QB coach elevated to OC Marrone along with his O line coach fired to bring in a proven coach at this position & Hackett could be put back where he belongs as a assistant then they may be on to something, but the way this group is going .

Why make a comment about Marrone needing to be fired in order to put together a coaching staff that can get us into the playoffs, if you think that this Marrone led team has a shot of getting into the playoffs?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've taken away from this game:

Offense:

I never thought I would find myself being an Orton fan, but I am now. He holds onto the ball too long, and he's woefully immobile. I'm not sure how well he can throw on the run, because I've barely seen him do it. But, he has raised the level of offense, spreads the ball around, and has turned some of our less heralded players into studs-- Hogan, Smith, Gragg. But, the O-line needs to be better, obviously. Definitely the weak link in the offense, imo. That being said, I think (and hope) that Orton's going to be here for a while.

I think we really missed Fred. At least two less sacks if he were on the field. Brown, and Dixon were great, and I don't think too many of us miss Spiller. But, FJ plays a huge role on this team (as a check-down safety valve, among other things), that Dixon doesn't have yet.

Defense:

Schwarz is the real deal, and deserves a lot of credit for this win, imo. Geno, and the Jets' poor secondary essentially gave us a 14 point head start. When Vick came in, and marched down the field for a touchdown on his first drive, he looked competent, mobile, and accurate. When we went into halftime with a seven point lead, I honestly thought we were going to come back out and lose the game. But, our defense made adjustments, and soundly shut Vick down. Vick's mobility was a non-fctor in the second half.

One play in the first half really bothered me, though. Orton got sacked by two defenders who hit him from either side without being touched. How the hell goes that happen???

Edited by Rocky Landing

And thats why we need EJ back in there?

Did I say that? LOOK at all the get rid of Hacket threads

Did I start them? No I didn't.

Why does it not suprise me that you read Rodac's drivel

Again it should be a concern to any that the Bills had too many back to back 3 and outs. If it were numerous series of 5 plays or more I wouldn't be as concerned.

The Bills were ranked 2nd in the league in most 3 and outs going into the game. CBS showed this statistic during the game.

However, the offensive play calling was too predictable which resulted in the 3 and outs and kept the Jets hanging around when they should've been out of it a lot earlier in the game.

shhhh they don't want to hear us pointing this out. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

First off let me say i am as happy as i can be that we beat the Jets & are at 5 & 3 going into the bye week but with thinking who & what the team that we played are as a whole just how excited should we be by this win ?

First off by all means we should have won this game hands down with out even trying . But if you take away the terrible play at QB & the 3 INT's by Geno & 1 By Vick at the end of the game with our AWESOME D the game is tied & we would have to fight to win it .

The running game is all but stagnant the passing game is getting better because of Orton not because of the OC that's for sure & our College minded coach can't see the forest for the tree's because him being a mediocre NFL talent at best spending more time on the waiver wire than on the field during his career doesn't know decent talent when he see's it which is the reason why Urbik say most of this half of the season .

I hate to say it but i hope our new owners see that after Whaley & Shwartz this team needs to be looked at pretty closely to decide if this staff is really what it will take to put us in the play offs ..

If Shwartz was made HC & DC along with the QB coach elevated to OC Marrone along with his O line coach fired to bring in a proven coach at this position & Hackett could be put back where he belongs as a assistant then they may be on to something, but the way this group is going .

When your QB has more experience at play calling than your OC & your HC had a less than stellar NFL career at a position on the team you coach which is a troubled position on that team then & your not real sure how to coach it up to fix it something needs to change !!

Blast away Bills fans !!

But you can't!! Those things did happen. If Scott Norwood makes the FG the Bills are SB Champs but he missed and they're not......same with saying "if the season ended today..........." Well the season doesn't end today...ok I'm done

What I take away is we have a QB who hits our receivers in stride and knows what he's doing...he'll frustrate us with INTs but we can make the playoffs with Orton at QB

Did I say that? LOOK at all the get rid of Hacket threads

Did I start them? No I didn't.

Again it should be a concern to any that the Bills had too many back to back 3 and outs. If it were numerous series of 5 plays or more I wouldn't be as concerned.

shhhh they don't want to hear us pointing this out.

Why is it so hard to understand that we were going against the 7th ranked defense in the league and the coaching staff didnt want to take risks turning the ball over.......Orton has thrown a pick EVERY game expect this one and the coaching staff knew our defense was pinning them down......NONE of our points were scored on defense and we scored over 40 points......

Turnovers are the fastest way to let a bad team (especially when its the home team) get back into a game......they were playing ultra conservative

https://www.google.c...q=jets schedule

Ummmm the JETS have allowed an average of 28.5 points per game .

how can one honestly say that they have a top 10 defense?

They are giving up the 6th fewest yards/game pretty much the standard measure for overall defense. The above stat may be related to short field position their 28th ranked offense is giving to their opponents.

I'm shocked we won, I thought we would come out flat. I'm not used to seeing the Bills win on the road.

Any road victory is fantastic in my book, especially against a division opponent.

The Bills have a better record playing outside New York State this year (3-1) than at home (2-2). This is a good trend. It has a lot to do with the strength of the team being the defense, especially the D line.

They are giving up the 6th fewest yards/game pretty much the standard measure for overall defense. The above stat may be related to short field position their 28th ranked offense is giving to their opponents.

unless they are all pick 6's the defense has to take some of the blame.

The Bills have a better record playing outside New York State this year (3-1) than at home (2-2). This is a good trend. It has a lot to do with the strength of the team being the defense, especially the D line.

The Bills played 2 of the better AFC playoff opponents at home. the Bills are not there yet

So are you now questioning the standard measure of ranking a defense in the NFL ?

stats lie. I suggest that you pick up the book and read it

Considering most people said the Bills would only win 4 games, isn't being 5-3 at they bye a good thing?

I'm the biggest homer there is. I picked the Bills to win 10. I liked the Marrone hire. I still think EJ can be good. However, when you have started three consecutive drives with a run don't you need to start a drive with play action?

I'm the biggest homer there is. I picked the Bills to win 10. I liked the Marrone hire. I still think EJ can be good. However, when you have started three consecutive drives with a run don't you need to start a drive with play action?

I agree but did you see the play action on the Smith TD?

https://www.google.c...q=jets schedule

Ummmm the JETS have allowed an average of 28.5 points per game .

how can one honestly say that they have a top 10 defense?

are you kidding, they are 6th in yds given up per game in the entire NFL...holy crap man. The lead the league in interceptions as an example the bills after turnovers moved the ball 0 yards and went backwards still had 9 points.