The all Sam Bradford thread

Thanks C.J. Two VERY high draft picks that did virtually nothing to get this team to 9-7, RB heard from. :doh:

I do like CJ, just not that much anymore.

The guy broke his collarbone and we went from 2nd in rushing in 2013 to 25th in 2014. That is clearly not only a result of missing Spiller for half the year, but a clear indication something was wrong this past year on offense. Regression in all departments.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but no....just no

You dont trade what could possibly be the BEST defensive tackle in the league for a talented but oft injured, hasnt done anything yet, player regardless of position.

Im not saying yes. But I wouldnt hate the idea.

The upside for Dareus is miles below the upside for Bradford. At the end of the day, I see a healthy Bradford on par with, or slightly below Mat Ryan, who I would be more than willing to trade Dareus for.

Edited by jo39416

I know that we dont have a franchise qb

But

Why in the world would you trade Marcel Darius......a certified multiple pro bowler....in the prime of his career.....on a team where the strength of it is our Defense....in particular our D line IN PARTICULAR our DEFENSIVE TACKLES

Why in the world would we even contemplate doing that?

I agree with John wholeheartedly on this. Marcel is a proven Pro Bowler. Players like that are hard to find. Bradford is a proven hospital patient.

Why significantly weaken our defense on the long shot that we might, maybe, possibly be upgrading our offense?

Im not saying yes. But I wouldnt hate the idea.

The upside for Dareus is miles below the upside for Bradford. At the end of the day, I see a healthy Bradford on par with, or slightly below Mat Ryan, who I would be more than willing to trade Dareus for.

Im sorry....I didnt realize that you were even remotely being serious in your first post.

I cant even engage in this conversation.

Regardless if you love or hate Bradford, don't put too much stock in the "reports" that there is no interest in him and that no team has contacted St. Louis concerning him.

The more that type of crap flies around, the more guaranteed an impending trade is.

That's just how it works.

For you guys that keep posting links that no teams have contacted the Rams for a trade

for Bradford. That might be true but that's not what is causing these rumors. The Rama gave

Bradford's Agent permission to try and work a trade. So that's why you should stop with the links

and pay attention. Where there is smoke

there's fire.

# where there's smoke there's Fire Bradford

might be a Bill

For you guys that keep posting links that no teams have contacted the Rams for a trade

for Bradford. That might be true but that's not what is causing these rumors. The Rama gave

Bradford's Agent permission to try and work a trade. So that's why you should stop with the links

and pay attention. Where there is smoke

there's fire.

# where there's smoke there's Fire Bradford

might be a Bill

I thought Bradfords agent basically came out and said "it was worth a shot"?

Edit: I can't find where I read that so disregard it.

On another note I heard noone has contacted the Colts about trading Luck! Luck might be a Bill!

Edited by What a Tuel

The articles just came out this morning the rumors for Bradford is not true. On another note, no trades for any of our top players including Dareus. No GM would ever consider it. When people make these suggestions, it comes off as silly as no GM is going to trade away even for a QB a proven pro bowler. If Dareus maintained this level of performance for next seven years without injury, we're looking at him in the HOF. It's a long time before that would be a reality, but my point is simply these kind of athletes are rare and very hard to find.

This is by far the most talented Bills team since the 90's. I still hold out hope for a trade with Foles. The only player I would consider a trade is Spiller. He gives you explosive plays so the casual fan and announcers will key in on those runs, but they don't consider the negative runs, amd lack of vision to hit the hole up the middle.

I would never want to trade with Bradford given his injury track record. Just ask a Rams fan. He's missed 31 games in 4 years. That's just under 8 games a year so for those EJ lovers, you'll get to see him ha

F the year if Bradford was our starting QB.

Carucci is pretty "in the know" and he's apparently the one who first refuted the "Bills interested in a trade for Bradford" speculation...

Has the prom queen (McCown) signed with anyone yet?

Mccown is visiting with the Browns/Oranges today and tomorrow.

Btw my phone autocorrected Mccown to Clown.

Git er done. Ground/Pound , play D, Keep em upright and the Guy can play. EJ will back him up and be ready.

PLUS, you have to remember that what we do in this area effects what every other free agent thinks about coming here. Getting a Bradford is a serious big time "we are back" move by the Bills.

they have 10 draft picks, and I don't think they really want to bring in 10 rookies especially since none would be a starting QB. I can see it too because they have a ton of cap space but have a hard time convincing FAs to go there even if they overpay. A trade eliminates that issue.

A trade with an extension is another matter though isn't it? Since Bradford is wrangling this trade how likely is it that Cleveland is near the top of his list?

My friend works for the Rams doing sideline communication tech stuff. He's an ex college player and a football nut. He says Bradford has tremendous accuracy, practices harder than anyone, and is a great team leader.

He also says he can't wait for the Rams to dump him because he's got zero pocket presence and is heavy on his feet.

He said Bradford is as good as Rogers if you give him 5 seconds and a clean pocket, but thats not how it works when the bullets fly.

A trade with an extension is another matter though isn't it? Since Bradford is wrangling this trade how likely is it that Cleveland is near the top of his list?

if an extension is involved and it should be to get that contract more friendly, very unlikely I suppose.

However knowing the Browns they might give a first round pick, and take the contract as is.

Edited by YoloinOhio