The Walking Dead Return

The crazy guy Rick let out of the trailer with the tats on his face and beard was the guy in the flashback that took the girl out of the train car. He got chomped as soon as he got out so he won't be an issue.

Wow, I definitely did not put that together. I guess the rest of the season is wide open! I wonder how long the show will revolve around getting to D.C.?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, you think Gareth and Terminus was a sanctuary, and then the "bad" people came and took over before Gareth got them back? Do you think the second group starting eating Gareth's people, and then Gaeth's people fought back and ate the other people and then it just became how it was?

I don't get what they are implying about Gareth's group and the other group.

So, you think Gareth and Terminus was a sanctuary, and then the "bad" people came and took over before Gareth got them back? Do you think the second group starting eating Gareth's people, and then Gaeth's people fought back and ate the other people and then it just became how it was?

I don't get what they are implying about Gareth's group and the other group.

That's what the woman was explaining to Carol when they were in the room together, and the flashbacks seem to back it up. There's no mention of the other group being cannibals, so hard to say if it started there or if Gareth's group just started that up on their own after they took Terminus back. Either way, the whole point was to point out that so many people are just giving up trying to be "good" and doing whatever suits them, since being good only leads the "bad" people taking advantage of you.

That's what the woman was explaining to Carol when they were in the room together, and the flashbacks seem to back it up. There's no mention of the other group being cannibals, so hard to say if it started there or if Gareth's group just started that up on their own after they took Terminus back. Either way, the whole point was to point out that so many people are just giving up trying to be "good" and doing whatever suits them, since being good only leads the "bad" people taking advantage of you.

which is a out close to what would really happen if and end of humanity scenario like this were to happen.

The cannibalism is the one major stretch in the whole thing. They get taken advantage of, so they snap and just start killing everybody. That at least makes sense. Resorting to cannibalism goes to another level all together. They need to bring Gareth back just so we can see exactly what took them to that extreme.

The cannibalism is the one major stretch in the whole thing. They get taken advantage of, so they snap and just start killing everybody. That at least makes sense. Resorting to cannibalism goes to another level all together. They need to bring Gareth back just so we can see exactly what took them to that extreme.

Didn't you see those steaks from last season? They looked delicious.

I agree on the stretch, I want to know more.

I have read the comics or books, but in this TV version, this thing that lead them to cannibalism, I would like to know. I do not know what lead The Hunters to cannibalism in the comics.

I am thinking that the people who took over the group from Gareth ate people, so Gareth's people ate them.

Couldn't it be as simple as food is hard to come by, and it's easier and safer for them to lure and trap travelers with the promise of a safe haven then it is to scavenge amongst the walkers?

The marking on the tree was where the weapons were buried. Darryl made it and they pointed at it when they were going to dig up the weapons after they escaped. Morgan just saw it and followed it into the woods.

I don't think that's right. They buried the weapons by the fence surrounding terminus, not by the railroad tracks. I could be wrong, I believe the markings are something that Morgan is following, a "bread crumb" someone is leaving. The Morgan scene seems like it's shortly after the crew leaves. But you can tell the mud is dry on the terminus sign and the tree marking is fresh, so there's a time lapse between those scenes. could be someone is following the crew...

Edited by ricojes

I'm thinking Gareth and a small group survive, and then hunt down Rick's group of merry travelers, and we see a couple main characters die this season.

Also, I kinda wonder if the guys who attacked Gareth originally might be part of a certain future villain's group.

There's no way we don't see Gareth again. Rick told him he was going to kill him with the machete. That's pretty obvious foreshadowing.

Indeed... Gareth and his group are going to get a main character or two... which is going to give Rick, and the viewer, all the satisfaction, when the machete hacking happens.

I don't think that's right. They buried the weapons by the fence surrounding terminus, not by the railroad tracks. I could be wrong, I believe the markings are something that Morgan is following, a "bread crumb" someone is leaving. The Morgan scene seems like it's shortly after the crew leaves. But you can tell the mud is dry on the terminus sign and the tree marking is fresh, so there's a time lapse between those scenes. could be someone is following the crew...

You might be right. I read that in one of the after show reviews..

Just went to a WD forum to verify and saw some screen captures. When Morgan gets to the "No Terminus" sign the mud is dry and there is significant plant/weed growth around the sign, so his arrival could be months past the time Rick and the crew were there. Leads me to believe there will be a Morgan show and he probably won't be seen in another episode for quite some time. At any rate, I love how there is no explanation for the tree markings. There were too many spoilers floating around last season, but haven't seen anything to explain this one....Looking forward to watching the Bills crush the Vikings and then some Walking Dead to cap off the night!!!!

Just went to a WD forum to verify and saw some screen captures. When Morgan gets to the "No Terminus" sign the mud is dry and there is significant plant/weed growth around the sign, so his arrival could be months past the time Rick and the crew were there. Leads me to believe there will be a Morgan show and he probably won't be seen in another episode for quite some time. At any rate, I love how there is no explanation for the tree markings. There were too many spoilers floating around last season, but haven't seen anything to explain this one....Looking forward to watching the Bills crush the Vikings and then some Walking Dead to cap off the night!!!!

Isn't that just a matter of not going to sites looking for spoilers?

So someone is following Rick's group and Morgan will show up to save the day.

Were the roughnecks from last season the same guys that originally attacked terminus?

I'm assuming Beth's been taken by a yet-to-be-seen enemy.

spoiler alert

some "wacko" policewoman? IIRC

I found more but I'll keep the spoiler to myself.

In the quick The Walking Dead scene, Morgan then turns opposite the direction that Rick and his group headed. He finds a marking carved in a nearby tree and begins walking that direction.

http://www.inquisitr...-friend-or-foe/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

In the comics, Morgan actually did rejoin the group in the prison arc. In the show, he didn't, I assume because the actor was doing that other AMC show.

Somehow over the past couple years there were spoilers that were right on the money. I usually don't mind reading spoilers, because they are generally opinions or false information. I am just saying that the script and/or plot of the show appears to be tightly guarded this season, well at least 1 week in.

Somehow over the past couple years there were spoilers that were right on the money. I usually don't mind reading spoilers, because they are generally opinions, comic book related or false information. I am just saying that the script and/or plot of the show appears to be tightly guarded this season, well at least 1 week in.

So someone is following Rick's group and Morgan will show up to save the day.

That's what I was thinking, but now the long time lapse between the scenes has me second guessing that. I don't read the comic and have been wrong more times than not predicting this show, I guess that's what makes it so good in my humble opinion....

Edited by ricojes

The signs in the trees could be Gareth's new way of luring people in to eat them.

Some people living in the Walking Dead world still have hope (kind of like being a Bills fan, there's always hope), so they see a sign that says safe haven or sanctuary they are quick to believe it. The non-zombies at this point are more dangerous than the zombies and they prey on gullible people. You really shouldn't trust any thing or anyone in their world and that's the philosophy of Rick's crew...

OK...I have not seen this explained anywhere on the net.......

So a "Heard" comes through and takes out Terminus.......we know that they are out there

What has prevented this from happening in the past?....I mean this isnt the places first day or anything......

I would guess they would have been well equipped to handle most big herds of zombies but they had a couple things working against them this time around.

First off the guy Carol and Tyrese grabbed and eventually killed was supposed to set off a bunch of fireworks that would have distracted the zombie group and got them headed in a different direction. It looked like a strategy they had employed in the past.

Second and most importantly Carol blew a big a55 hole in their fence and main building on top of setting a bunch of stuff on fire. So with the major perimeter breach in zombie defenses, along with chaos caused by the fire and the good guys running around inside their fences capping people, it was more than the Terminus crew could handle when this herd wandered their way.

I would guess they would have been well equipped to handle most big herds of zombies but they had a couple things working against them this time around.

First off the guy Carol and Tyrese grabbed and eventually killed was supposed to set off a bunch of fireworks that would have distracted the zombie group and got them headed in a different direction. It looked like a strategy they had employed in the past.

Second and most importantly Carol blew a big a55 hole in their fence and main building on top of setting a bunch of stuff on fire. So with the major perimeter breach in zombie defenses, along with chaos caused by the fire and the good guys running around inside their fences capping people, it was more than the Terminus crew could handle when this herd wandered their way.

Yep. It was just like what happened to the prison.

This is probably my biggest "eye roll" moment win the show. Carol may be a bad ass, but quickly leaning a firework against a fence and then expecting it to hit a tank at least a hundred yards away was pretty stupid. But hey, it's a show about zombies, so I can suspend disbelief. :)

Edited by Acantha

This is probably my biggest "eye roll" moment win the show. Carol may be a bad ass, but quickly leaning a firework against a fence and then expecting it to hit a tank at least a hundred yards away was pretty stupid. But hey, it's a show about zombies, so I can suspend disbelief. :)

I watched the episode a second time yesterday and I was kind of thinking the same thing. If she could have picked up the rifle she used to launch it out of and kind of aim it I would have felt a little better about it. I remember doing stuff like that as a kid with bottle rockets and toy guns and we were accurate enough to get a rocket to pass through that stream of gas like she did, though at probably half the distance.

But like you said suspension of disbelief is a big part of the show. I was just happy to finally see some burning zombies walking around. Any zombie movie or show is incomplete without that.

:thumbsup:

Her accuracy better never waver from this point on!!!

Well, there were the four guys that got whacked and sliced before they got to any main characters. And then a couple of windup interruptions when it got to Glen, that way my first eye roll....Kind of 24'ish, only they didn't take time to explain how and why they were going to kill them...

Edited by ricojes

I guess we were right with Bob.

But it should have been Tyreese instead. His whiny guy storyline sucks, especially now that we know he didn't kill that guy in the shack. The guy was threatening to murder a baby and he left him alive. Pathetic.

But it should have been Tyreese instead. His whiny guy storyline sucks, especially now that we know he didn't kill that guy in the shack. The guy was threatening to murder a baby and he left him alive. Pathetic.

someone has to take over the role of Hershel and or Dale.

why was Bob crying ??? Did he get bitten?

why is Carol looking to leave the group?

First off the guy Carol and Tyrese grabbed and eventually killed was supposed to set off a bunch of fireworks t

Tyrese didn't kill him. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

someone has to take over the role of Hershel and or Dale.

why was Bob crying ??? Did he get bitten?

why is Carol looking to leave the group?

Tyrese didn't kill him.

I was wondering the same thing about Bob. He kissed his girl and just walked out of the church, did he get bit? It would be cool if he was bit and by eating Bob's leg, the "Terminus" people were then contaminated...

What secret does the "priest" have? Is he helping the Cannibals or something?

How is the church so pristine? That is the nicest place we've seen by far...

Would Carol have left had Daryl not showed up?

In the previews they said 3 are missing, so I would assume that is Bob, Daryl, and Carol. The show ended way to fast yesterday!

I am having LOST flashbacks, there are more questions than answers after that episode...

Tyrese didn't kill him.

I believe they showed a blurry image of him when Bob was waking up...

Edited by ricojes

I think Bob got bit when he was pulled under the water. At least thats what they want us to think.

Especially when he asked Sasha for "one more kiss" then went outside andf well you know what happened next.

Interesting things to think about,

If Bob was bit, will ther guys who are eating his leg turn? After all they would be eating tainted meat.

Also, In the comics, this happens to Dale instead and he tells them that he was bit and that they are now eating contaminated meat.

CBF

Not killing people gets people and walkers gets people killed, like Carl not killing a walker, Andrea not killing the governor, and Tyreese not killing fast talking cannibal hipster dude (although Gareth may still have got Bob).

If Bob was bit, will ther guys who are eating his leg turn? After all they would be eating tainted meat.

Also, In the comics, this happens to Dale instead and he tells them that he was bit and that they are now eating contaminated meat.

CBF

Every one is already infected, not sure how ingesting it will affect them.

Every one is already infected, not sure how ingesting it will affect them.

Everyone is infected, which causes them to turn after they die. Getting bit triggers something else, as they get sick and then turn. So i don't think it's that simple, but you could very well be right, just my opinion.

Edited by ricojes