The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a comic reader, I'm so happy that the "tainted meat" and "finger shot" scenes made it into the show (and that Terminus turned into "the Hunters").

I don't remember much of what happened between "Hunters" and "DC", so the rest of this season will be a mystery to me. :)

Why would he say you can come out now? they have to be weary of strangers not Beth or Carol

Yeah, that's a good point. The only other possibility is someone they know but haven't seen in a while. I don't think anyone fits that bill at this point.

I can't remember but was Andrea ever actually seen killed? Could it be her returning?

i always wondered that myself. I don't ever remember seeing it either. I just assumed

She had a massive zombie bite from Milton and was then shot off camera. So yeah, they didn't show her die, but if nothing else, she's a walker now.

might be that Rick mentioned him to the group??

Rick was with Carl and Michone when they ran into Morgan

Rick used to talk to him every evening on the radio till it died, even after he joined the group near Atlanta. But Daryl wouldn't know him by sight.

Yeah, that's a good point. The only other possibility is someone they know but haven't seen in a while. I don't think anyone fits that bill at this point.

someone mentioned the back story of Beth Darryl and Carol. it may well be someone new.

if the previews I saw of Beth getting slapped around it could well be another unhappy patient.

Yeah... last nights' episode was a little ponderous...not sure what point they were really trying to make, other than life during the zombie apocalypse makes people do things they wouldn't have done before the zombie apocalypse...a point they have made dozens of times already...

I didn't like the priest explanation either; just too boring. And I still think it's stupid to think so many people were out there being attacked by zombies and nobody broke a window.

I'll miss Maggie way more than Glenn

Who did Daryl return with??? Morgan?

I too thought the Terminans would last a few more episodes. Rich told Gareth he'd use the machete and man did he!!!

Something I thought was strange was how Glenn and Maggie seemed to react to Rick hacking up Gareth. Like they were shocked by it. Didn't end up really going anywhere, but it seemed odd.

My guess is the next episode starts with Carol and Darryl driving off after the car and ends around the same point as this one. No idea who's with Darryl, but if things continue as normal (big build-up to a more or less obvious plot point), I'm guessing it's Morgan.

I didn't like the priest explanation either; just too boring. And I still think it's stupid to think so many people were out there being attacked by zombies and nobody broke a window.

Something I thought was strange was how Glenn and Maggie seemed to react to Rick hacking up Gareth. Like they were shocked by it. Didn't end up really going anywhere, but it seemed odd.

My guess is the next episode starts with Carol and Darryl driving off after the car and ends around the same point as this one. No idea who's with Darryl, but if things continue as normal (big build-up to a more or less obvious plot point), I'm guessing it's Morgan.

I noticed that too, Glenn and Maggie just stood in the background and did not participate in the annihilation of the cannibals.

Glenn more than Maggie after she lost her faith and said four walls and a roof.

Sorry, forgot to add some stuff:

Too many things in this episode seemed to end without much point to them. The markings on the trees are really no big deal, just Terminus folks (and as explained, for no reason at all), the tainted meat really didn't matter at all other than grossing them out, nobody knows anything about big baby leaving that guy alive, the preacher's story was boring, etc...

I know part of this is just due to fan expectations from TV shows like LOST giving us twist after twist, but at the same time it seems disappointing. I've read from multiple sources that they don't really want to be stuck to the comic book (I've never read them), but it seems they limit themselves to plots that still follow the basic story.

Also wondering, why/how did Glenn & Maggie become such a bargaining chip between Rick and Abraham? Was it just because Abraham felt like they needed extra bodies with them on their bus ride to DC? It was just kind of odd...didn't Glenn tell Abraham, in just the previous episode that the group goes where Rick goes? Did I miss something? To think of all they have been through, and all the people they have mis-trusted and been dicked over by, along the way, why are they trusting Abraham & co so implicitly?

The markings on the trees are really no big deal, just Terminus folks (and as explained, for no reason at all)

This was a little disappointing. But it will lead Morgan to Rick, which is probably the main reason for the marking story.

the tainted meat really didn't matter at all other than grossing them out

We really don't know for sure, but the cannibal plot is done, so it shouldn't matter anymore anyway.

Nobody knows anything about big baby leaving that guy alive

Uless Carol see's the body, which may be unrecognizable anyway, no one will ever know unless he admits to it. But shows the "big baby" is soft and will probably lead to his demise.

the preacher's story was boring...

True, but his story may not be over.

Edited by ricojes

Also wondering, why/how did Glenn & Maggie become such a bargaining chip between Rick and Abraham? Was it just because Abraham felt like they needed extra bodies with them on their bus ride to DC? It was just kind of odd...didn't Glenn tell Abraham, in just the previous episode that the group goes where Rick goes? Did I miss something? To think of all they have been through, and all the people they have mis-trusted and been dicked over by, along the way, why are they trusting Abraham & co so implicitly?

I think Abraham got to trust Glenn during their time together and knows he can handle himself. Why Glenn and Maggie go with them so easily? Outside of needing some important members of the group to go with them for storyline purposes, i dont think there's a reason.

Glenn was with them for a period of time and ultimately helped him to get back with Maggie. So maybe Glenn feels some sort of debt is owed to them?

I think Abraham got to trust Glenn during their time together and knows he can handle himself. Why Glenn and Maggie go with them so easily? Outside of needing some important members of the group to go with them for storyline purposes, i dont think there's a reason.

when Rick was hacking away Maggie and Glenn had a worried look that Rick was unstable.

JMO

Abraham falling to his knees ...... the white bus crash?

and there is a young black kid behind Beth

the Hospital view showed a city landscape.... another interesting item maybe?

At the end of this clip Beth is running from the Hospital with someone behind her.

https://www.youtube....h?v=j4GAs9TJVjM

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Uless Carol see's the body, which may be unrecognizable anyway, no one will ever know unless he admits to it. But shows the "big baby" is soft and will probably lead to his demise.

I think they were burying all of the bodies. Rick and Tyreese were each digging a grave at the end. They only lost Bob, so something else has to go in that second one.

Except they agreed to leave before that happened.

Not only that, but Abraham also joined in on the brutality. He was bashing in a guy's skull repetitively with the butt of his gun.

I think this was because there was impending danger of attack from Gareth's survivors, and they needed Abraham's help to take out Gareth's group. Then there was some loose faith that the others would show up, but people being kept at their word and making agreements is part of the good of the world that is left.

I think they were burying all of the bodies. Rick and Tyreese were each digging a grave at the end. They only lost Bob, so something else has to go in that second one.

Not only that, but Abraham also joined in on the brutality. He was bashing in a guy's skull repetitively with the butt of his gun.

Unless Tyreese was actually burying Garth's people. They were not going to burn them.

I mean it was a brutal brutal butchering. I don't care how numb they have become, you can't watch something like that and not make a face. But I also think most of them would think they deserved it, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by ricojes

Does anyone else find Glen annoying?

CBF

+1

when they met him at first

then he became less .... well I'll leave it at that

Unless Tyreese was actually burying Garth's people. They were not going to burn them.

that was odd. They bury their own. did Sasha make the cross before or after Rick and Tyreese were digging next to the pile under the tarp?

+1

when they met him at first

then he became less .... well I'll leave it at that

that was odd. They bury their own. did Sasha make the cross before or after Rick and Tyreese were digging next to the pile under the tarp?

Maybe Tyreese missed Bob's brain and he ate the priest!!! haha

I think the next episode will be Beth's back story, starting with her abduction. If she has been brainwashed or whatever, she would not be able to tell anyone what happened, so that's the only way to fill in the blanks. I think it might be a couple episodes before we know who was with Daryl.

I mean it was a brutal brutal butchering. I don't care how numb they have become, you can't watch something like that and not make a face. But I also think most of them would think they deserved it, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Especially Glenn. He was next in line at the trough in the first episode. He saw what they were doing to people first hand. And then add in eating Bob's leg on top of all of it. He should have been next in line with the machete.

At the end of this clip Beth is running from the Hospital with someone behind her.

https://www.youtube....h?v=j4GAs9TJVjM

I'll label this as a spoiler even though it's all in this clip. but if you didn't watch closely, don't read! It definitely contains spoilers for upcoming episodes.

Things I noticed....

It appears, at 1:13, the Washington crew found a firehouse with a working firetruck. the reason i say the Washington crew is because it looks like the mullet is manning the hose. plus they show the bus flipping at 2:13.

Van going over the bridge at 2:23, looks like it may be Atlanta again.

interesting shot at 2:39

And then 2:49 the cop talking to Beth. They were very clean and there is power at the facility. now I really believe the Beth episode is next. 2:46, another cop. 2:47 someone getting their arm cut off in a rather painful looking away, Maybe a bite on the lower arm.

Edited by ricojes

I think the next episode will be Beth's back story, starting with her abduction. If she has been brainwashed or whatever, she would not be able to tell anyone what happened, so that's the only way to fill in the blanks. I think it might be a couple episodes before we know who was with Daryl.

After watching that preview, I agree. Looks like we'll get more back story on Beth than I was expecting.