To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

I have officially fallen off the Manuel wagon today. I'm convinced he's another Edwards in the making. Hope the Dougs are telling Orton to get his arm loose- their tenures with the Bills may end up falling on the shoulders of Orton. Manuel just lacks that "it" quality that elite QBs have... a realization that struck me watching this dreadful performance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I not surprised to see dudes call for Orton already.

He's had two good games (which we won) and one bad game (which we lost), and we're 2-1.

The Chargers are damned good, so I'm not too upset. We have some winnable games coming up, let's see how it goes.

Its simple. Complete team victories the first two weeks covered up for limiting quarterback play. EJ did enough to win the first two weeks. Today, they needed the QB to make some professional football decisions and throws and he couldn't do it. Awareness is an issue with Manuel.

I suspect this thread will be bust today. EJ was horrible out there. The O-Line wasn't much better but that was a catalogue of bad throws.

the o line was fine. Its no secret that opposing teams are going to bring pressure and force Manuel to make plays. He didn't do it. He is indecisive and makes terrible throws under pressure.He lobs every throw and it was a matter of time before he got one of his receivers killed. It was a gutsy effort by the defense to keep us in the game but ultimately we needed our QB to make a play. Enough with this crap about EJ only having to not make mistakes. HE NEEDS TO MAKE PLAYS.

Its simple. Complete team victories the first two weeks covered up for limiting quarterback play. EJ did enough to win the first two weeks. Today, they needed the QB to make some professional football decisions and throws and he couldn't do it. Awareness is an issue with Manuel.

Awareness is VERY much an issue. he had some nice options in the second half. And did no see the field even with time ?

I saw some head hanging from Mike Wiilams. I don't like that at all.

he killed Goodwin. Thats on EJ. That throw was enough for me to get on bashing bandwagon

I have officially fallen off the Manuel wagon today. I'm convinced he's another Edwards in the making. Hope the Dougs are telling Orton to get his arm loose- their tenures with the Bills may end up falling on the shoulders of Orton. Manuel just lacks that "it" quality that elite QBs have... a realization that struck me watching this dreadful performance.

Wecome to the club. Glad you get it now. Better late than never.

Our numbers will continue to grow until it is obvious to all that EJ just isn't the answer. Even though he is not all bad and he does indeed do some nice things, now and again.

the o line was fine. Its no secret that opposing teams are going to bring pressure and force Manuel to make plays. He didn't do it. He is indecisive and makes terrible throws under pressure.He lobs every throw and it was a matter of time before he got one of his receivers killed. It was a gutsy effort by the defense to keep us in the game but ultimately we needed our QB to make a play. Enough with this crap about EJ only having to not make mistakes. HE NEEDS TO MAKE PLAYS.

step up n throw the ball on a friggin line

Not sure what game you were watching if you thought the OL was fine. They were horrific. Guard play was flat out awful today. No running lanes to speak of, and the pressure got to EJ in a hurry.

EJ played bad today, no doubt about it. But to say the OL played fine is a complete lie. They were just as bad as EJ was.

Then why was this not the case in the previous two games? Because The O line play was OBVIOUSLY better in those games.

Not saying EJ played well today......but lets not act like this has been happening all season

really, what game were you watching? I saw Pears getting blown up on a regular basis, and even Glenn got knocked back into EJ on one play. The Chargers had EJ under pressure quite a bit for only rushing four almost all game.

EJ stunk it up, and so did the line, the play calling, the defensive play calling. all the penalties

Fredex showed up, not sure about the rest

This is exactly the same thing EJ did at FSU. His team had superior talent and took advantage of an awful ACC. When his team actually needed him, he looked like he did today.

He locks onto his WR and hopes he gets wide open. Then the ball is usually high. If the WR is not open he has no pocket awareness, starts to panic and implodes. That's what he does. Hopefully SD is a really good team and we don't have to rely on EJ to ever win us a game because he's simply incapable.