To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/size]

Bills O-line not opening holes.

Our D settled down and did pressure Rivers, but he's more experienced and knows how to find his receivers.

Playing against a 10 year vet at QB with an O-line that played just well enough.

SD was good. And our O-line didn't give EJ all day, but really Rivers didn't have any more time. He's just more experienced and EJ isn't.

EJ gets the gold star of suckitude today. Penalties didn't help but credit SD's defense and experienced QB for forcing us to hold, etc.

Just to be clear....I am in no way shape or form saying EJ played well today......I just think blaming him soley for the loss is stupid....about as stupid as giving NO credit to the QB in wins.

People have their agendas.....mine is seeing the QB we drafted get a fair shake. STILL doesnt have a full 16 games

Sorry folks. No way to not say it. EJ just blew this game. He flusterd easily, made poor decisions, highly inaccurate (hope Goodwin recovers) and just missed too many reads. He needs to learn from it but come on, you can't defend it, he stunk today.

If you want to say that EJ sucked today and we lost soley because of him.......no friggen way

If youw ant to say that EJ sucked today ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM....and the team lost today......im with ya

Just to be clear....I am in no way shape or form saying EJ played well today......I just think blaming him soley for the loss is stupid....about as stupid as giving NO credit to the QB in wins.

People have their agendas.....mine is seeing the QB we drafted get a fair shake. STILL doesnt have a full 16 games

If you want to say that EJ sucked today and we lost soley because of him.......no friggen way

If youw ant to say that EJ sucked today ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM....and the team lost today......im with ya

JMO as long as this thread is here, there will be an argument win or lose...

If you want to crap on the running game, you also have to understand the defenses are now daring the Bills to pass. Opposing defenses are selling out on the run which makes it very hard to move the ball on the ground. Until Manuel can start backing the defense off the line of scrimmage, the running game will continue to falter.

EJ did kill them today. Lots of mistakes all around but the D picked it up, FJ picked it up, EJ didn't. He actually got worse. Not saying bench him. Just being honest. SD had the book on him. Rivers was under pressure too but he's a vet who knows how to make plays. EJ isn't yet. Will he be? If you bench him now you'll never find out and you wasted the pick.

If you want to crap on the running game, you also have to understand the defenses are now daring the Bills to pass. Opposing defenses are selling out on the run which makes it very hard to move the ball on the ground. Until Manuel can start backing the defense off the line of scrimmage, the running game will continue to falter.

This^

Again I say.....dont you think this was the same plan of the opposing defenses in game 1 and game 2?

We are in fact 2-1

Again I say.....dont you think this was the same plan of the opposing defenses in game 1 and game 2?

We are in fact 2-1

And i don't think the running game was very effective in all 3 games. 1 offensive TD against the Dolphins. 8 in the box doesn't happen when you start hitting a few deeper crossing patterns. EJ did just enough to win the first two game, but by no means did he WIN the game for the Bills.

EJ was bad today. It was the first we've seen him play to his pre-season form. Let's see how he bounces back next week. That will be very telling.

Another negative...I'm not a fan of Hackett. The play-calling after three weeks is still far too conservative for me. We need to see what we have in EJ and that means making him make throws he's not comfortable making. If he can't handle the offense, he's not the QB for this team.

And i don't think the running game was very effective in all 3 games. 1 offensive TD against the Dolphins. 8 in the box doesn't happen when you start hitting a few deeper crossing patterns. EJ did just enough to win the first two game, but by no means did he WIN the game for the Bills.

This is precisely my point......EJ didnt win the first 2 games (which he did not....he was a game manager who distributed the ball and didnt make mistakes)

but

He now is the REASON why we lost this game (which he is not.....he was a game manager who was surrounded by players that sucked today as well)

So which is it....you cant have it both ways.

EJ did kill them today. Lots of mistakes all around but the D picked it up, FJ picked it up, EJ didn't. He actually got worse. Not saying bench him. Just being honest. SD had the book on him. Rivers was under pressure too but he's a vet who knows how to make plays. EJ isn't yet. Will he be? If you bench him now you'll never find out and you wasted the pick.

We wasted the pick.

Turnovers, special teams, and field position won the first games. EJ made a few plays at key times and they won the first two as a team effort. Today, the Defense didn't take the ball away, Special teams was average, and EJ was terrible. QB is the key position on the team. QB literally dictates how the entire defense schemes against your offense. When your QB limits your offense in the way he did today, he is the one who loses the game for you. Other than the Center, the QB touches the ball on every snap, most important position on the team.

This is precisely my point......EJ didnt win the first 2 games (which he did not....he was a game manager who distributed the ball and didnt make mistakes)

but

He now is the REASON why we lost this game (which he is not.....he was a game manager who was surrounded by players that sucked today as well)

So which is it....you cant have it both ways.

Stop with the excuses, EJ stunk today. SD ran blitzed and stacked the box all day daring EJ to beat them and he didn't come close. We are watching Trent Edwards II, this book is going to end just like the previous book. Count on it.