To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

I don't see him as an NFL thrower, either.

Another important aspect the apologists conveniently overlook is Manual's age. Granted, had the Bills drafted an inaccurate QB in the 1st round who was 20-21, I'd be equally pissed. But this guy is 24. The time to have learned accuracy has past. It isn't a skill anyone who's in his 2nd NFL season or older has ever learned. You know why? Cuz they get kicked to the curb once the team finally realizes the huge mistake they've made.

I take issue with mods using the word "apologist"

I realize that you are fans just like us but try to keep at least a little bit of non bias....you know like a mod should?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im listening to Sal C. on the post game show.....I feel just like him. He plainly sits there and says EJ played poorly but the moron callers are twittering him to stop defending EJ when he wants to talk about ALL of the things that went wrong today.

Its like people need a steady place to point their frustration and cant handle the mental capacity to know that we lost for several reasons not JUST because of EJ.

I feel your pain Sal.

Let me see if i have the mental capacity to lay this out.

The Chargers had a single high safety most of the game with 8 in the box. This effectively neutralized the running game. The way to beat this tactic is to have your QUARTERBACK make some plays down the field to move the extra defenders away from the line of scrimmage effectively keeping the defense honest. Cover 1 typically can be attacked with intermediate throws which when executed can roll the other safety back out of the box opening up the run game.

The quarterback is the one position that can single handedly bail out other elements of the game that are underperforming.

If you can only win a game when all three phases of the team are clicking, then I will say you don't have a QB.

For 3 games we have seen a conservative, remedial offense designed to hide the play of the Quarterback. You can't always scheme guys open, sometimes you need your QB to make a big time professional read and throw.

Let me see if i have the mental capacity to lay this out.

The Chargers had a single high safety most of the game with 8 in the box. This effectively neutralized the running game. The way to beat this tactic is to have your QUARTERBACK make some plays down the field to move the extra defenders away from the line of scrimmage effectively keeping the defense honest. Cover 1 typically can be attacked with intermediate throws which when executed can roll the other safety back out of the box opening up the run game.

The quarterback is the one position that can single handedly bail out other elements of the game that are underperforming.

If you can only win a game when all three phases of the team are clicking, then I will say you don't have a QB.

For 3 games we have seen a conservative, remedial offense designed to hide the play of the Quarterback. You can't always scheme guys open, sometimes you need your QB to make a big time professional read and throw.

I get all this and agree with what you are saying

What I AM saying is that we are 3 games into the season.....lets see how the bills react to tactic being employed. Today they did not pass the test.

If that makes sense, how does one explain that two of EJ's best games last season came very late at home vs the Jets and Jags?

Like today....I thought there were other factors involved. I thought the other aspects of the game played well around EJ

Look.....EJ didnt play well....that doesnt mean he is a bust and it doesnt mean that he wont learn from this and improve.

I think in order for him to play well right now the other aspects of the game have to also be on THEIR game.....our OL did not block well for the run....our OG's get no push.....I saw Cordy Glenn getting blasted into the backfield......and we didnt get a lot of chances with the ball because Rivers controlled the time of posession.

Today they did not pass the test.

They didn't even respond after half time. That is very worrisome. The second half was just a continuation of the things they did wrong in the first half. Yikes! What happened to those great half time adjustments? What happened to the Bills being a second half team?

In the Jet home game, EJ was 20-28 with 2 TDs and no picks. Jax game was pretty good too IIRC. Both were late in the season.

Geno also had a bunch of bad TO's. EJ had a statistically great game against the Jets, but I don't consider it one of his best. Similar to how Russell Wilson had a good game in the Super Bowl but it wasn't really his personal "best."

Like today....I thought there were other factors involved. I thought the other aspects of the game played well around EJ

Look.....EJ didnt play well....that doesnt mean he is a bust and it doesnt mean that he wont learn from this and improve.

I think in order for him to play well right now the other aspects of the game have to also be on THEIR game.....our OL did not block well for the run....our OG's get no push.....I saw Cordy Glenn getting blasted into the backfield......and we didnt get a lot of chances with the ball because Rivers controlled the time of posession.

Good post.

So the attitude is to expect literally nothing from EJ? No spark despite the supposed weapons?

They lost to a better team.

On the field yes....

But position for position I only give them credit for being better at Tight End and QB. Bills team talent matches up well otherwise. The opportunity was there for a Bills win today. Bills got out coached for sure especially their offense vs our defense. And the Bills got outplayed at pretty much every level. That is pretty sad when it is a home game.

It felt like somebody forgot to tell Schwartz that San Diego has a good quarterback....

Edited by PolishDave

On the field yes....

But position for position I only give them credit for being better at Tight End and QB. Bills team talent matches up well otherwise. The opportunity was there for a Bills win today. Bills got out coached for sure especially their offense vs our defense. And the Bills got outplayed at pretty much every level. That is pretty sad when it is a home game.

Games are not one on paper.....a lot of players lost their battles at their respective positions......

Gilmore looked bad

When you see Cordy Glenn flailing around in the backfield that is NEVER a good sign

Rivers was really good today....I mean like REALLY good.