To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

You mean like when created something out of nothing to escape from a sack and hit Chandler for a big gain?

That was a total stud play...... I just wish we saw that more often....unfortunately that type of play has been too rare thus far....if he did that more often, you would definitely hear less bitching...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ did not look that much different than he did in the first two games. He just had more pressure and when he has pressure he really sucks. This guy does not have major league game. It is time for Kyle Orton or we will be back to 6-10.

Yep, been saying that for a while now. EJ just can't deal with pressure and burn the opponent. When he does get one off, he's an inaccurate downfield passer. Argh. I wonder if the staff has the nads to pull him and put Orton in ever? You need a guy that can hit WR's downfield You can't win consistently with 9-10-12 play drives. Too many things go wrong during long drives. You need explosive chunk plays.

EJ will only be as good as his offensive line. Once the pressure is on, he gets erratic. He can pull the rabbit out of the hat like the scramble and pass to Chandler. Hackett has to design plays where he has a easy check down throw in case the pass rush is in his face. The line had a rough day. The interior pressure was evident. Most young QBs struggle with handling the pressure, Rivers, a true vet, handled the Bills pass rush fairly well. This was team loss because they beat the Bills in all phases.

So to the people who say that EJ plays better under pressure....how good was he today under pressure? Not so much huh? I don't understand why he wasn't blitzed more in the previous two weeks... But I fear he will definitely be blitzed more often in the future.....He couldn't handle pressure at all today with the exception of one "truly awesome" play. Teams will blitz him. Get ready for it.

This is the problem with the posting of this thread.

Those of us who don't believe that EJ will ever be the answer get taunted and called names like bashers and haters because the team wins two games. Granted that is akin to a 7 game winning streak for most franchises.

To us, we don't see an NHL thrower. We see a decent game manager. This makes us stupid to the defenders of EJ.

We have seen him put his receivers at risk of injury numerous times. If you're not accurate, you force WRs into vulnerable positions. Woods and Watkins have both almost gotten killed after 3 games. It's not an encouraging sign.

Those calling for Orton make little sense to me, though. He is the definition of a QB without a future. Let EJ finish the year. If he improves, keep him. If he doesn't cut him. Telling us he should get a 3rd season even if he is no good this year is the most idiotic of all of the opinions here.

So to the people who say that EJ plays better under pressure....how good was he today under pressure? Not so much huh? I don't understand why he wasn't blitzed more in the previous two weeks... But I fear he will definitely be blitzed more often in the future.....He couldn't handle pressure at all today with the exception of one "truly awesome" play. Teams will blitz him. Get ready for it.

Yup, and as the D coordinators get more film on EJ he is going to have a harder and harder time to just be mediocre, IMHO.

Those of us who don't believe that EJ will ever be the answer get taunted and called names like bashers and haters because the team wins two games. Granted that is akin to a 7 game winning streak for most franchises.

To us, we don't see an NHL thrower. We see a decent game manager. This makes us stupid to the defenders of EJ.

We have seen him put his receivers at risk of injury numerous times. If you're not accurate, you force WRs into vulnerable positions. Woods and Watkins have both almost gotten killed after 3 games. It's not an encouraging sign.

Those calling for Orton make little sense to me, though. He is the definition of a QB without a future. Let EJ finish the year. If he improves, keep him. If he doesn't cut him. Telling us he should get a 3rd season even if he is no good this year is the most idiotic of all of the opinions here.

You might want to edit out him being a NHL thrower.

That was a total stud play...... I just wish we saw that more often....unfortunately that type of play has been too rare thus far....if he did that more often, you would definitely hear less bitching...

I doubt that

38 pages... looks like it's being run by the usual suspects. :lol:

Drew & JP should have taught you by now to root for the uniform, not the player. ;)

To root for EJ is to root for the uniform.....trust me you dont want to be starting over again

You mean like when Andrew Luck got his receiver killed with a throw in last weeks colts game?

You are acting like QBs never do this

Yup, and as the D coordinators get more film on EJ he is going to have a harder and harder time to just be mediocre, IMHO.

So you dont think after 12 games they dont have enough film?

Once again I ask (and it doesnt seem to be answered) if the code has been cracked on EJ and if he is so doomed.....then why wasnt this done in the 1st two games.

This is EJ's second year (even if he doesnt have 16 starts)

You mean like when Andrew Luck got his receiver killed with a throw in last weeks colts game?

You are acting like QBs never do this

So you dont think after 12 games they dont have enough film?

Once again I ask (and it doesnt seem to be answered) if the code has been cracked on EJ and if he is so doomed.....then why wasnt this done in the 1st two games.

This is EJ's second year (even if he doesnt have 16 starts)

Every bad game EJ has is another gameplan for a future opponent to use. It's why Trent got worse as time went on. It's why EJ's best games are in the beginning of the season.

I don't see him as an NFL thrower, either.

Another important aspect the apologists conveniently overlook is Manual's age. Granted, had the Bills drafted an inaccurate QB in the 1st round who was 20-21, I'd be equally pissed. But this guy is 24. The time to have learned accuracy has past. It isn't a skill anyone who's in his 2nd NFL season or older has ever learned. You know why? Cuz they get kicked to the curb once the team finally realizes the huge mistake they've made.

Another important aspect the apologists conveniently overlook is Manual's age. Granted, had the Bills drafted an inaccurate QB in the 1st round who was 20-21, I'd be equally pissed. But this guy is 24. The time to have learned accuracy has past. It isn't a skill anyone who's in his 2nd NFL season or older has ever learned. You know why? Cuz they get kicked to the curb once the team finally realizes the huge mistake they've made.

Tell us more Nostradamus, your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Brandon Weeden was 28 when the Browns took him at #22. They gave him 2 years, I thought that was fair. Edited by Rico

The difference is the "EJ realists" (so to speak) just want to see if there is a chance Orton is a better manager than EJ before we blow our chance to sneak in the playoffs.

Even I'm not calling for EJ to be benched now. I'm just saying as soon as it makes sense...even if it is in a meltdown next week.

To put that loss squarely on EJ is ridiculous. The Offensive line was horrible, the team played undisciplined football. Again another week that we gave up 100 yards in penalties. Did EJ make some bad throws? Yes he did. But to say he lost the game is Ludacris. Did I mention the CBs? McKelvin should be sitting on the bench, with Gilmore.

Edited by DirtDart