What the "experts" are saying this week re the Bills/Fins

CodeMonkey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Bills fan and I'm not going to believe it until we notch our 9th win. We've been down this road before.

Ditto.

But man am I pumped for this game.

I think it's gonna be a close one.

I hope the fans stay in it, no matter what happens though. Our guys need us!

Anybody worried that the Bears cut our D up for 427 yards?

Any time our defensive success is predicated upon turnovers I get nervous. Eventually the turnovers stop coming and the yards become touchdowns. I understand the Bears have a good offense, but Alshon was out for a third of the game and they lost both their starting Gs. We were not dominant by any stretch of the imagination.

Any time our defensive success is predicated upon turnovers I get nervous. Eventually the turnovers stop coming and the yards become touchdowns. I understand the Bears have a good offense, but Alshon was out for a third of the game and they lost both their starting Gs. We were not dominant by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd agree with this 100%. I don't want to downplay a great road victory on a fantastic week for the franchise, but without a +2 turnover differential we probably don't come out of there with a win.

i can't see their O-line being any better than it was last year, and we pretty much put Tannahill in the ground, the poor guy. Lets remember we won both games with Thad.

That said, the dolphins dooooooo seem to be doing well with the new O installed. Overall though, I just feel like we should win this week.

I'd agree with this 100%. I don't want to downplay a great road victory on a fantastic week for the franchise, but without a +2 turnover differential we probably don't come out of there with a win.

While that is likely true, it is not as though any were flukes. They were all veteran plays. Leodis intentionally went for and made the strip, Graham made a fabulous read and play on the ball he intercepted, and Kyle made a ridiculous hustle play and went hunting for that very kind of pass by Cutler. Three terrific plays.

It would be different if they were flukey or weird bounces. Maybe.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. This is like the argument saying that if you take away the 80 yard TD run, our rushing game wasn't that great. You try to create turnovers because they do help you win. Yes, if you lose the turnover battle and yards become TD's you may lose. There are many factors that go into a victory, that's just one of them.

The overall thought of not getting too caught up in the victory makes sense, but don't discount how they got the victory.

While that is likely true, it is not as though any were flukes. They were all veteran plays. Leodis intentionally went for and made the strip, Graham made a fabulous read and play on the ball he intercepted, and Kyle made a ridiculous hustle play and went hunting for that very kind of pass by Cutler. Three terrific plays.

:thumbsup: excellent point!

Yes. True... And remember that gift that was thrown to Leodis and he dropped it? That would have been yet another turnover.

The Bills certainly didn't have everything go their way. They made the most of what they were given and came away with a win. That is what you want out of your team.

There was ZERO pressure on Cutler last week. There was a TON on Brady.....Henderson better figure out how to block Wake or EJ is on the run...and that isn't good. This is a much different match up than last week given all the injuries the Bears dealt with....and I think the Bills will have their hands full. It will be another close call....I think the momentum carries the Bills to a "W". 24-21

Keeping in mind that they were all wrong last week with the Bears game :)

CBS with Bills -0.5 as well as straight up, six take the fins and two take the Bills.

ESPN picks not in yet.

Hate to sound like comments prior to the Bears game, but a lot rides on EJ. If he performs/ manages the game well, with a similar QB rating of 90+, I like our chances.

Edited by mdk

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. This is like the argument saying that if you take away the 80 yard TD run, our rushing game wasn't that great. You try to create turnovers because they do help you win. Yes, if you lose the turnover battle and yards become TD's you may lose. There are many factors that go into a victory, that's just one of them.

The overall thought of not getting too caught up in the victory makes sense, but don't discount how they got the victory.

So you admit it makes sense then.

I'm not creating a new train of thought here, this is all old hat. There are stifling defenses and bend but don't break defenses. Bend but don't break rely on big plays to get them out of bad situations in their own half of the field. I'm saying I would prefer to be stifling than allow teams to gain 400+ yards on us. This isn't rocket surgery here. Turnovers lead to a shorter field, which helps the offense and gives the defense rest, they're great. But, if you can't stop a slant or run up the middle on 3rd and 3 consistently, you're eventually going to get caught.

The tide will turn if we're better than 4-4 at the midpoint. We're still an unfashionable pick for stodgy old CBS and a lot of other people. Each W will win the Bills a little more respect.

Who cares about what the experts say. Just take it one week at a time. Squish the Fish and move on to the next team.

There was ZERO pressure on Cutler last week. There was a TON on Brady.....Henderson better figure out how to block Wake or EJ is on the run...and that isn't good. This is a much different match up than last week given all the injuries the Bears dealt with....and I think the Bills will have their hands full. It will be another close call....I think the momentum carries the Bills to a "W". 24-21

Excluding the sack though, correct?