Chandler's Personal Foul

DC Greg

First of all, amazing win today! There are a lot of things about the game being discussed in other threads. Just wanted to touch on the BS personal foul that was called on Chandler early in the game.

Perfectly clean block. Hands were inside, it was inbounds, and the whistle hadn't blown. It was a straight up pancake block, exactly the way they coach you to do it. Nothing illegal about it whatsoever. Were the refs just penalizing a bigger player who leveled a a smaller player because he owned him?

I think the refs were just atrocious in general today, but this call in particular really burned me. Every year the NFL gets softer and softer. I understand trying to prevent the hits to the head, but it's calls like these that really make you think they are just trying to take hitting out of the game as much as possible.

Did anyone else feel this way?

First of all, amazing win today! There are a lot of things about the game being discussed in other threads. Just wanted to touch on the BS personal foul that was called on Chandler early in the game.

Perfectly clean block. Hands were inside, it was inbounds, and the whistle hadn't blown. It was a straight up pancake block, exactly the way they coach you to do it. Nothing illegal about it whatsoever. Were the refs just penalizing a bigger player who leveled a a smaller player because he owned him?

I think the refs were just atrocious in general today, but this call in particular really burned me. Every year the NFL gets softer and softer. I understand trying to prevent the hits to the head, but it's calls like these that really make you think they are just trying to take hitting out of the game as much as possible.

And wouldn't you know it, they just happened to miss one against Woods. Go figure!

Yes. It was nonsense. Especially because Chandler had his back to Woods (the intended receiver) and Chandler had no idea if Woods caught the ball or was continuing up field. He finished his block to the outside. BS call.

+1

Outrageously bad call.

When a player gets thrown that far out of bounds, it's almost always called. I understand he was in bounds when doing the pushing, but that's just how it is. I think it could have been called Offensive Pass Interference if anything, since he started blocking before the pass. I think we can all agree that Chandler needs to invest in some stickem.

I think the refs were just atrocious in general today, but this call in particular really burned me.

Yep. Totally agree. And did you notice later in the game when they tackled CJ Spiller out of bounds there were no flags thrown? That tackle on CJ was a legit time to call the personal foul. But hey.....the Bills proved they can beat a great team on the road even when the calls don't go their way...Outstanding win...

That...the nonsensical PI call against McKelvin who had textbook coverage on Marshall downfield, and the picking up of the holding penalty against Kyle Williams(after the ref hit him in the face with the flag, lol) off the top of my head were the 3 ones that really irked me...

Moose was like "I can't recall ever seeing them pick up an offensive holding flag in all my years doing this..."

Me either, Moose, me either...

How Damn Good does it feel today though to be able to complain about the refs knowing that the Bills still won. I hate bringing up the refs usually because it feels like you are making excuses for losing. But today we get to speak openly and honestly about them because the Bills won. And damn that feels good. Suck it refs!

When a player gets thrown that far out of bounds, it's almost always called. I understand he was in bounds when doing the pushing, but that's just how it is. I think it could have been called Offensive Pass Interference if anything, since he started blocking before the pass. I think we can all agree that Chandler needs to invest in some stickem.

You can clearly hear the whistle as Chandler is shoving him out of bounds. The refs had a tough day but got this one right.

I find no real fault in that play by Chandler. Ideally he would know the play ended and stop playing, but he didn't, and finished out his block. The Bears bench exploded, and a flag was thrown. Not a big deal. I'd be more angry about it if we lost... but he didn't do anything wrong, imo.

the safety (conte?) is going to be fined by the league for that one

It's amazing...I understand it's difficult for the defenders...But those helmet to helmet plays are called 99.9% of the time in games I watch...And I watch a LOT of games...That was clearly helmet to helmet, and the defender was clearly coming in helmet first...But yet it's a no-call? That one baffled me...

But how about the concentration Woods showed by not only coming down with the ball, but also holding on to it while taking a hit to the head?...That was sweet!!! B-)

yes, the pussification continues.

That side judge made some really bad calls today. If you look at the replay, he turns form the tackle to his right. Sees the Bears player go down and throws the flag. He never say it. It was an assumption. Bad penalty

I understand that officials have bad days and can be inconsistent but why did they have to be so bad JUST against the Bils today. Both pass interference calls were incredibly bad. The holding call that wasn't was a joke. I have never seen a ref pick up a flag for holding against an offensive lineman before. Woods was hit helmet to helmet with no call but they call an iffy one on Chandler. Spiller was hit hard out of bounds, with no call. This crew today gets a F grade. My buddy wondered out loud if they had money on the game. LOL