EJ addressed the offense in Saturday meeting

FluffHead

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: EJ Manuel stopped Saturday night offensive meeting for speech, aimed to rally together offense: http://t.co/PEveVRBRi7

Some solid player comments in that article

That is good to see, it was also good to see EJ have a solid game but the accuracy and decision making still needs to improve but overall good enough for today.

Graham: EJ had the team pumped up to play

“EJ was fired up,” said Graham. “He got the whole team fired up. He pretty much inspired everybody. It was the first time on any team I’ve been on where I’ve seen a quarterback get that excited and get that fired up and excited and ready to play a game. That really got guys pushed over the top and really got guys ready to play. That’s what they were talking about when they said the locker room was different and how excited everybody was and how focused everybody was. It was EJ. It was EJ leading, it was EJ inspiring and it was EJ bringing some passion with it. I think that’s what everybody was talking about.”

lol. this board is bi-polar. manuel is still a mediocre qb with a subpar feel for the game. he threw for what? 170 yards? defense won that game, plain and simple. remember, even jp had his moments.

170 yards in just 22 attempts is pretty damn good. Something tells me you think Cutler played better than EJ because he had over 300 yards. :lol:

lol. this board is bi-polar. manuel is still a mediocre qb with a subpar feel for the game. he threw for what? 170 yards? defense won that game, plain and simple. remember, even jp had his moments.

Boy I hope you aren't a member of this board that think Russell Wilson was a huge miss by the front office. This is exactly how he has been so successful. Take care of the ball and let your defense/running game win it. It was a very Wilson-esque performance yesterday.

And here it is. EJ plays good enough to win and still does not get credit with some.

Boy I hope you aren't a member of this board that think Russell Wilson was a huge miss by the front office. This is exactly how he has been so successful. Take care of the ball and let your defense/running game win it. It was a very Wilson-esque performance yesterday.

I agree he did enough yesterday to win (obviously). I just don't buy him as a long term solution (yet) based on eyeball test and past performance. Hope I'm wrong because I'd like to win now versus another 3 year rebuild.

physical talent aside the QB must lead and be in control of all O players, and he appears now to be taking that step. Once again many will laugh at this comment but he did remove that face shield which makes it easier to lead and look others in the eye while commanding

I agree he did enough yesterday to win (obviously). I just don't buy him as a long term solution (yet) based on eyeball test and past performance. Hope I'm wrong because I'd like to win now versus another 3 year rebuild.

Ah, yes - the old "eyeball test" argument. The most recent favorite of the armchair QB experts who can't back up their conclusion that EJ sucks and will always suck with any actual facts. This and the old standby "the it factor" are favorite arguments around here.

Maybe you got slow eyes?

I was listening to WGR this morning and they mentioned the plan going in was to get EJ to 20-25 passes and pound them with the ground game so for EJ to do what he did in just 22 passes is what they wanted initially.

I hope they keep it this way for at least the first 4 weeks. This does not let EJ go out and make a crazy amount of mistakes and lets him learn as he goes. They are realizing that he's on the verge of being over the hump but he's not over it enough to hand him the ball he entire game and let him pass the ball around the yard 35-40 times. When we see that number we'll know he's there.