Florio says Marrone will be fired after this season

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most idiotic thing I have heard.

A. Season hasnt even started

B. What if the Bills break the playoff drought this season

C. When Pegula got the Sabres Lindy was still safe (Regeir too)

Florio can go rub down Belicheat and keep his opinions to himself.

This team has disaster written all over it. As much as I love Sammy Watkins a a player, I think they got schooled by the Browns in this trade, surrendering next year's first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots. That's the type of trade you make under 2 scenarios: (1) Acquiring a franchise QB (Think Giants and Eli) and (2) When your team is 1 player away (think Atlanta and Julio Jones). The Bills were in neither situation. Classic sign of a desperate front office unsure of its job security past this season. EJ is still developing as a QB and will likely make a number of mistakes along the way. The backup situation is disastrous. While Jacksonville does it right, having a veteran like Chad Henne in the room to support its young QB, this front office fills the roster with castoffs like Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis. On one hand, it's humorous. On the other hand, it's flat out sad.

The defense will keep this team in games, but this roster is not a playoff roster and I HOPE I'M DEAD WRONG!!!!

I think the Browns are really going to regret not drafting Sammy. Without Josh Gordon they may have the worst group of receivers in the NFL.

Well if Florio said it, it must be true. New ownership always fires the HC.....except for when they don't. Move along, nothing to see here.

I see what you did there. Nicely done.

This is the most idiotic thing I have heard.

A. Season hasnt even started

B. What if the Bills break the playoff drought this season

C. When Pegula got the Sabres Lindy was still safe (Regeir too)

Florio can go rub down Belicheat and keep his opinions to himself.

Agreed. I don't think he's automatically gone, especially if Pegs gets the team.

It seems like Marrone and Hackett Jr have done less with more when compared to Chan. I dont see the OL being coached up(wasnt Marrone an OL), seems like the same old crap from last year, cant get the ball in the endzone, cant run in short yardage. No imagination when it comes to using Spiller, etc.

As for Whaley he better be active after cuts to find this team a capable back-up QB.

Wait. We're playing football now? I thought this is practice, pre season doesn't count, doesn't matter. Check back about week 10

in this case, if it's Pegula, I don't know if that would be the case. I think he would retain Brandon and let Brandon make the recommendations on FO personnel, at least for the 1st yr and especially if he has a winning record. Just my prediction.

Well I would expect Russ to stand by his men. I wonder then if that means it turns out like Darcy and the Sabres? Doesn't matter. You know we're going to be good this year right?

We don't know who the new owner will be. We don't know his football philosophy. We don't know if he'll keep Whaley or Brandon. We don't know how well Marrone will do this season. But we do know Marrone will be fired when the season is over.

Does this make sense?

We don't know who the new owner will be. We don't know his football philosophy. We don't know if he'll keep Whaley or Brandon. We don't know how well Marrone will do this season. But we do know Marrone will be fired when the season is over.

Does this make sense?

Apparently "we don't know" was shown not to generate enough clicks. However someone getting fired? People line up for that.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio said on the Dan Patrick show that Marrone will be fired at the end of the 2014 season. Agree or disagree? Why in either case.

If the team shows marked improvement, or a playoff run there is now way he gets the axe.

I think the Browns are really going to regret not drafting Sammy. Without Josh Gordon they may have the worst group of receivers in the NFL.

They have Johhny Manziel.

Edited by DirtDart

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio said on the Dan Patrick show that Marrone will be fired at the end of the 2014 season. Agree or disagree? Why in either case.

That's idiotic. How can anyone say what will happen to Marrone ... before the season?

If he goes 2-14, sure, he'll be fired. 14-2, not so much. Now, he will be between those two records somewhere, and what matters is where between them.

Nobody even knows who the owner will be.

Florio must have been responding to a slow day and tried to liven things up.

This team has disaster written all over it. As much as I love Sammy Watkins a a player, I think they got schooled by the Browns in this trade, surrendering next year's first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots. That's the type of trade you make under 2 scenarios: (1) Acquiring a franchise QB (Think Giants and Eli) and (2) When your team is 1 player away (think Atlanta and Julio Jones). The Bills were in neither situation. Classic sign of a desperate front office unsure of its job security past this season. EJ is still developing as a QB and will likely make a number of mistakes along the way. The backup situation is disastrous. While Jacksonville does it right, having a veteran like Chad Henne in the room to support its young QB, this front office fills the roster with castoffs like Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis. On one hand, it's humorous. On the other hand, it's flat out sad.

The defense will keep this team in games, but this roster is not a playoff roster and I HOPE I'M DEAD WRONG!!!!

While I agree with a lot of this, and I wouldn't have made that trade, I still see a chance for this to work out well.

If Watkins is a player at the level of an AJ Green, that type of guy, and nobody else in the draft is, then it will have worked out well. But he'll have to be that kind of a guy, a dominant guy, for years. And if Watkins is, but so is Odell Beckham or Kelvin Benjamin, or somebody else, IMHO it won't have been a good trade.

They gave up a lot. I'm hoping it works out. I wouldn't have done it.

We, if Florio said that, it must be true. :wallbash:

It's very possible this team finishes last again for the 7th straight season. This is a team that put a lot of chips on the table for immediate success in the watkins deal.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see a lot of pink slips with a new owner.

They win. Everyone's happy

When you step back and look at the whole Bills situation. It's hard to imagine any Wilson employee staying after this year

I think Russ is pretty safe...Albeit maybe not in his current role...

I think Whaley has a better than 50% shot of sticking around for at least another year under the new regime...Probably more...He's well respected and young...The new ownership is not going to hear much negative concerning Whaley...

I'd put Marrone's chances at 50/50...It all depends on this season...But the Bills will likely have to play a little better than expected for him to stay...If the Bills struggle on Offense, at the very least Marrone will be faced with the possibility of having to replace Hackett if he wants to keep his job... B-)

Any coach that sticks with a quarterback that clearly is lost, he deserves to be fired.

The corrct option is to bring in a new guy then let the present QB retake his old job thru improvement in practice.

This is really getting old in Buffalo.

Edited by HOUSE

When you step back and look at the whole Bills situation. It's hard to imagine any Wilson employee staying after this year

I have to think you might be kidding here.

Because this is the kind of approach an ignorant, or very arrogant, businessman makes. The team hasn't been successful, therefore there are no competent people in the organization? Ridiculous. Then of course, they would have to replace everyone in the organization. That's a lot of people to hire. What's the chances of not just finding, but getting better people, in all positions? That's a huge undertaking when time and resources could be better spent.

But that's the mentality of some on this board.

I have to think you might be kidding here.

Because this is the kind of approach an ignorant, or very arrogant, businessman makes. The team hasn't been successful, therefore there are no competent people in the organization? Ridiculous. Then of course, they would have to replace everyone in the organization. That's a lot of people to hire. What's the chances of not just finding, but getting better people, in all positions? That's a huge undertaking when time and resources could be better spent.

But that's the mentality of some on this board.

Anyone involved with football mamagement. OK? I didn't mean the accounts receivable clerks, shipping and receiving supervisors, or human resources ladies. C'mon man.

Any coach that sticks with a quarterback that clearly is lost, he deserves to be fired.

The corrct option is to bring in a new guy then let the present QB retake his old job thru improvement in practice.

This is really getting old in Buffalo.

Is EJ clearly lost? This offseason has surely been a roller coaster, but I don't think that you can say EJ is lost.

And who would you bring in? And at what cost? We are already lacking a #1 in 2015, and I am pleased with the amount of depth we have. Maybe I'm just a homer, but I trust Whaley

But it was speculation.

It wasn't: I hear that several competing bids are contingent upon front office upheaval.

Instead, it was: you know, generally when a new owner comes in they like to hire their own guys.

Okay, sure.

Of course it's speculation. The season hasn't started yet. You expect a question like that to be answered with fact?